Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is awesome.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I, yodapoop, am about to say something nice about the Packers. This was a well deserved award for Matthews and he woulda got my vote.
See I was nice to the Packers and look what happens. Must be a sign. I still like and want them to win the Super Bowl.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Of course troy won, hes GOD for Christ's sake.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
No, that was just Matthews Stafford again.
Oh well, Lions have already shown they only need Drew Stanton to beat the Packers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Troy's Samoan fury nest>Clay's Viking look
Troys elegant thick hair>Tom Bradys mullet

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Oh well, Lions have already shown they only need Drew Stanton to beat the Packers.
Touche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Yeah, I read that. It is so strange, a Viking getting arrested... I thought we were gonna turn over a new leaf after the worst calender year ever. Guess not.

Quote:
When one of the officers tried to subdue Griffen, he allegedly grabbed the officer in the groin area, the source said. Moments later, officers used a Taser to subdue him, the source said.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...n-officer.html

Talk about defensive holding.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Troy's Samoan fury nest>Clay's Viking look
Brett Kiesel's Viking look > all of your puny "hair cuts".

That man will single beardedly win the Superbowl.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread for starting off with such a fail has really morphed into something full of win. An epic ode to the kind of ridiculous hair styles we all wish we could pull off!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Actually it is now.

I thought Polamalu should be third behind Matthews and Peppers, but they were all close together, no one stood out completely this year.

Urlacher getting 2 votes is the thing I don't understand.
and why is that? he played outstanding this year

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

Troy has better hair than Matthews and Harrison is a way better backer.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Umoro
Rookie

Umoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Clay Matthews was robbed.

I mean, come on, who is more important to their defense than Matthews? Without him, the Packers would be like 24th in the NFL in points allowed. Without Troy, the Pittsburgh defense is worse, but still above-average.
Umoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umoro View Post

I mean, come on, who is more important to their defense than Matthews? Without him, the Packers would be like 24th in the NFL in points allowed. Without Troy, the Pittsburgh defense is worse, but still above-average.
Pitts D is night and day when Troy is out of the game.
that was proven last year (I believe) when he missed a good chunk of games.
Troy P won by two votes and I do believe it was that close.
You can't seriously be upset about one of these two guys winning it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You mean the Packers defense with Charles Woodson, BJ Raji, Cullen Jenkins, Tramon Williams, Nick Collins, Nick Barnett etc??? Clay Matthews not being there doesn't make these guys scrubs.

Who is more important to their defense???

Darrelle Revis
Vince Wilfork
Nnamdi Asomghua
Dwight Freeney
Mario Williams

Literally without these players their defenses would be abysmal.

Without Revis the Jets would not be able to have so many exotic blitz schemes or the extra defender in the box to stop the run game.

I dont want to think of the Pats defense without Wilfork.

The Raiders defense is poor as it is and that's with Asomghua blanketing the opposing team's WR.

Without Freeney Mathis is nowhere near as effective. Without a pass rush the Colts underwhelming back 7 is completely exposed.

Despite Mario Williams being double and sometimes triple teamed the rest of the Texans defense is mediocre. Imagine them without him.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Because their is no way that he was the best defensive player in the league this year. There were a bunch of guys who were clearly a tier above him.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i personally dont think troy deserved it....he had 7 picks sure but he missed a few games and played terrible due to injury in a few. i thought clay matthews had it on lock, not that i dont love troy because i do but when hes a little dinged up he really disappeared this year. he made a few game changers and im glad 2 steelers now have this award (**** you ray lewis and ed reed) but i really thought hed finsih around 3rd or 4th in the voting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
He was good, but shouldn't have been anywhere near a DPOY vote.

Troy Polamalu
Clay Matthews
James Harrison
Julius Peppers
Ed Reed
Haloti Ngata
Tamba Hali
DeMarcus Ware

Urlacher over every single one of those is just stupid. There are others that I would put over Urlacher as well, but I don't think there can even be an argument over these guys. There's no way that Urlacher should have gotten a single vote, and two is ridiculous.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy was head and shoulders above the rest

....I'll let myself out after that joke
Old 02-01-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Umoro
Rookie

Umoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hmmm. According to ProFootballFocus.com, Troy wasn't deserving of the DPOY award, and he wasn't even the best safety in the NFL this year -

http://twitter.com/ProFootbalFocus/s...45879519842305

According to them, Quintin Mikell of the Eagles was the best safety and better in both run support and coverage than Polamalu. Wow.

http://twitter.com/ProFootbalFocus/s...58028385046528
Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hmmm. According to ProFootballFocus.com, Troy wasn't deserving of the DPOY award, and he wasn't even the best safety in the NFL this year -

http://twitter.com/ProFootbalFocus/s...45879519842305

According to them, Quintin Mikell of the Eagles was the best safety and better in both run support and coverage than Polamalu. Wow.

http://twitter.com/ProFootbalFocus/s...58028385046528
Oh, cool. You're bringing PFF into this. Their last DPOY list had Matthews not even in the top ten, in case you were wondering. Kyle Williams = DPOY. Same thing I've been saying all year and getting laughed at for.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-01-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I find it hard to believe that Mikell was better...it's not Matthews that I think should have won it...it's Harrison....6 FF + 10 sacks is awesome.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Umoro
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Oh, cool. You're bringing PFF into this. Their last DPOY list had Matthews not even in the top ten, in case you were wondering. Kyle Williams = DPOY. Same thing I've been saying all year and getting laughed at for.
I'm not sure if I agree with this PFF site, to be honest. I don't even know how they arrive at their ratings system. Something's definitely fishy about their grading criteria if an average NFL safety such as Mikell for a bad defense such as the Eagles' is their "highest ranked safety".

I just brought it up because I was shocked when I saw it on twitter.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't really disagree with the selection because of how important he is to the team. Not a big stat guy but when he isn't playing, that secondary can get carved up because of the weak corners. He is a football player no doubt about it, great instincts and leads by example.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
While I find it hard to believe that Mikell was better...it's not Matthews that I think should have won it...it's Harrison....6 FF + 10 sacks is awesome.
I agree. Harrison would have been my vote over Matthews if Troy wasn't an option.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFF is the worst site on the internet.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, I'll take Troy 10 times out of 10 over Mikell. PFF is a load of ******** and common sense can help anyone see that. This isn't baseball, analyzing stats won't tell you the whole story.