Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Hell, I'll take Troy 10 times out of 10 over Mikell. PFF is a load of ******** and common sense can help anyone see that. This isn't baseball, analyzing stats won't tell you the whole story.
Hah, yeah right, stats don't tell the whole story. Next you'll be telling me that Joe Haden in fact ISN'T a better cornerback than both Darrelle Revis and Nnamdi Asomugha.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Umoro
Rookie

Umoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Hell, I'll take Troy 10 times out of 10 over Mikell. PFF is a load of ******** and common sense can help anyone see that. This isn't baseball, analyzing stats won't tell you the whole story.
What's funny is that Mikell's stats aren't even as good as Troy's.

Mikell: 1 sack, 3 interceptions, 1 forced fumble, 77 tackles
Polamalu: 1 sack, 7 interceptions, 1 forced fumble, 49 tackles in less games
Umoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still failing to see why Mathews deserves mention over Tuck. Pretty even if you ask me.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's like baseball before fans and people in the industry decided to give it a critical look...a whole bunch of d'you WATCH the games, BRO?!?...you know how long it took for "statheads" to be taken seriously?

I think it's kind of harsh to just throw away PFFs work because the conclusion isn't what it "should" be.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
It's like baseball before fans and people in the industry decided to give it a critical look...a whole bunch of d'you WATCH the games, BRO?!?...you know how long it took for "statheads" to be taken seriously?

I think it's kind of harsh to just throw away PFFs work because the conclusion isn't what it "should" be.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post

Baseball isn't a team sport, football is the ultimate team sport.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
PFF is the worst site on the internet.
PFF is actually really good with stats (but now they charge for them), but I cannot for the life of me figure out how someone who works at that site still hasn't realize how ridiculously flawed their rating system is.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN loves polamalu so much. He is good but he isn't the best player in the league. I get it, the steelers play better when they have one of their best players. Oh rly Yaminashi?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
ESPN loves polamalu so much. He is good but he isn't the best player in the league. I get it, the steelers play better when they have one of their best players. Oh rly Yaminashi?
I don't work for ESPN, and I agree Polamalu is the best based on what he's done on the field over the last 6 years or so.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ed Reed is clearly the best safety.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

Ed Reed is as good as Troy at interceptions and nothing else. When Hines jacked him up on the first play of the playoff game, reed disappeared. I was afraid he went and jumped in the Monongahela.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPete View Post
Ed Reed is as good as Troy at interceptions and nothing else. When Hines jacked him up on the first play of the playoff game, reed disappeared. I was afraid he went and jumped in the Monongahela.

Are we talking about the playoff game where Troy missed about a million tackles?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Jelephant87
Rookie

Jelephant87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

why does it matter how pittsburgh's defense played with and without polamalu? sure it helps back the fact that he's a great player but it's not the most valuable defensive player of the year award
Jelephant87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPete View Post
Ed Reed is better than Troy at interceptions
Fixed. (10 char)
Old 02-02-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelephant87 View Post
why does it matter how pittsburgh's defense played with and without polamalu? sure it helps back the fact that he's a great player but it's not the most valuable defensive player of the year award
It's the best defensive player of the year award. And he was the best.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers are 20-7 when Aaron Smith plays over the last 3 seasons.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote