Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
dregolll
Rookie

dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll
Default Potential HOF Nose Tackles

With some teams moving to the 3-4 defenses and with the importance of the Nose Tackle position in the 3-4, do you see guys like Haloti Ngata, Vince Wilfork and Casey Hampton making in the HOF? I donít care what anyone says Haloti Ngata is a NT. He is built like one and he plays like one. That said do you guys think that they will make it in and what will they need to do to get in? Just Curious!
dregolll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
DeCrunkMAn
Rookie

DeCrunkMAn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

IB4bjrajihomerz
Originally Posted by Benn-O,Aug 24 2009, 04:21 PM
didn't you get kicked out of that club on 6th street cuz of your pants? oh right, you did.

bouncer was feeling your jnco's i guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERO,Aug 26 2009, 04:16 PM
i prefer my women like i do my scotch....12 yrs old w/a splash of coke.
DeCrunkMAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all 3 should get in eventually because the position is pretty important though some people don't notice.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably mention Jamal Williams before any of those three at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ted Washington who retired not long ago would make me happy, purely because he is the biggest b*****d I have seen play. Casey Hampton, Vince Wilfork, Jamal Williams, Kris Jenkins, Albert Haynesworth, BJ Raji, Haloti Ngata all for me have/had HOF talent but I think only one or a couple make it, depending on how their careers are viewed/play out and how strong the other people up for the vote are. But I think none are locks for the Hall. Washington is interesting because the guy was a beast for so long, but it is a tough position to guage because of such small stat lines and limited exposure.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had a vote, I would definitely vote against Haynesworth. The numbers may say so, but his character on field has always been laughably bad. He embarrasses himself and the organization he plays for.

I understand it's one thing to overlook off-field issues, but Haynesworth is a problem on the field.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
If I had a vote, I would definitely vote against Haynesworth. The numbers may say so, but his character on field has always been laughably bad. He embarrasses himself and the organization he plays for.

I understand it's one thing to overlook off-field issues, but Haynesworth is a problem on the field.
Agreed, a shame really as he had the talent to be one of the most dominant ever.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert Haynesworth has never had a HOF type of resume. Two years of dominant play is not enough, especially when you consider how lazy he has been.

Guys that will be considered when all is said and done;
Jamal Williams, Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton and Vince Wilfork.

I don't think anyone will be as good as they have been for as long as they have been. Maybe Raji, but this was really his only first good season, you never know how his career will play out.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NTs generally don't last long enough to be considered HOF type players. It's usually 5 to 6 years of dominance followed by mediocrity.

It's just too demanding of a position, it takes a toll on that big fat body.

I think Ted Washington is the closest at the moment bc he sustained success for so long.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

casey hampton has been among the best for a long time and just when i thought he was gonna fall off he has an amazing second wind and has put together 3 very impressive years after some weight issues.

ngata is one of the more dominant players ive ever seen....i was absolutely infatuated with him in the draft, figures hed be a raven.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
NTs generally don't last long enough to be considered HOF type players. It's usually 5 to 6 years of dominance followed by mediocrity.

I think Ted Washington is the closest at the moment bc he sustained success for so long.

what about Sam Adams?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random, but I remember I used to get pissed when I'd export Ngata from NCAA to Madden and he'd be like a 93 ovr rookie (due to him being rated as a high 90s RS Soph and not coming out until his Junior or Senior year).

Guess it wasn't really something to get that pissed about.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Hampton has the chance to add his 3rd Superbowl ring and has been a major contributor on a defense that has been dominant for a decade.

He'll have a shot..as will Wilfork if he can keep it up for a few more years. He has one ring and is a key piece on a Patriots team that should be in a damn fine position to compete for some more in the next few years.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Well stats have a lot to do with going in to the HOF, and NT's don't really generate those numbers.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HOF is all about stats. That should change.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
HOF is all about stats. That should change.
Joe Namath is in there with one Superbowl ring and stats that most QBs beat in a couple solid seasons...

He is the Anti-HOF-establishment.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Joe Namath is in there with one Superbowl ring and stats that most QBs beat in a couple solid seasons...

Yea he was terrible, but he got in because of popularity.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zero chance Jamal Williams is a HOFer
Old 02-02-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

His average numbers are close to Derek Anderson or JaMarcus Russell.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Yea he was terrible, but he got in because of popularity.
He got in because of "the guarantee."
Old 02-02-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I think all 3 should get in eventually because the position is pretty important though some people don't notice.
Agree, all 3 & maybe some Jamal Williams & Aubrayo Franklin love if they stay healthy & enjoy long careers.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will just take awhile for voters to realize how important a position it is now. Same with safeties. Eventually the flood gates will open on positions like that.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only guys in the league right now playing DT with a shot are Kevin Williams and Richard Seymour.

Richard Seymour
3x Super Bowl
6x Pro-Bowl
3x 1st Team All-Pro
1x 2nd Team All-Pro
5x All-AFC Selection
2000s All-Decade 1st Team

Kevin Williams
6x Pro-Bowl
5x 1st Team All-Pro
4x All-NFC Selection
2000s All-Decade 2nd Team
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish Kris Jenkins could get in, but I know he can't. He's an absolute monster on the field but had more injuries then half the Packers roster.

If it was other players injured that frequently, I wouldn't want him to be on the roster come next season. But with Jenkins, as long as he wants to come back, I want the Jets to bring him back.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:03 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Casey Hampton?

Seymore is not a NT, he played more of DT/DE. Vince Wilfork is the NT.