Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-13-2015, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2015 NFL Draft Tickets?

Hey,

Got a question for anybody who has attended the NFL Draft or intends to.

I have a couple of buddies who are planning to go this year since it's in Chicago and they were asking me about the ticket situation. Is it still going to be just lining up really early and waiting or will there be tickets for sale ahead of time? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:06 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure its first come first serve, at least thats what it was in NYC iirc.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:33 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gone the last couple years. For the first day, you line up the night before and they distribute wristband. Then on day one you line up and they cut off your wrist band and give you a ticket at the door. At the end of night one, you go outside and line up again and get a wristband for day 2. On day 2, line up, cut the wristband and get a ticket at the door like day 1. For day 3 you just show up at the door and they give you a ticket. There are no lines for day 3 really.

I've been for about 7 of the last 8 and it's been the same situation each time. There is normal a web page on nfl.com that has the info but I'm not sure if they updated it for this year yet. The only tickets I know they sell is through the NFL on Location program but those are expensive and include all kinds of other stuff.

I've actually never made it the night before day 1 because of flights so I normally have to buy a wristband off craigslist for day 1.

I'm not sure if they will be doing tickets with the new city and venue.

Another place to watch is 1iota.com . They give away free tickets if you register and get them when they become available.

Here are some helpful links:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap20...ing-2014-draft
http://blogs.hudsonvalley.com/gleaso...t-complicated/

I'd highly recommend going if you get the chance. They have projectors with the NFLN and ESPN video and they give you little radios to listen to either feed so you don't miss anything by being there. Plus you get to boo Goodell in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 01-14-2015 at 01:35 AM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey,

Got a question for anybody who has attended the NFL Draft or intends to.

I have a couple of buddies who are planning to go this year since it's in Chicago and they were asking me about the ticket situation. Is it still going to be just lining up really early and waiting or will there be tickets for sale ahead of time? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!
When I went, it was first come first serve. I got there about 10 hours before the tickets went up and was probably 100-200 in the line.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I've gone the last couple years. For the first day, you line up the night before and they distribute wristband. Then on day one you line up and they cut off your wrist band and give you a ticket at the door. At the end of night one, you go outside and line up again and get a wristband for day 2. On day 2, line up, cut the wristband and get a ticket at the door like day 1. For day 3 you just show up at the door and they give you a ticket. There are no lines for day 3 really.

I've been for about 7 of the last 8 and it's been the same situation each time. There is normal a web page on nfl.com that has the info but I'm not sure if they updated it for this year yet. The only tickets I know they sell is through the NFL on Location program but those are expensive and include all kinds of other stuff.

I've actually never made it the night before day 1 because of flights so I normally have to buy a wristband off craigslist for day 1.

I'm not sure if they will be doing tickets with the new city and venue.

Another place to watch is 1iota.com . They give away free tickets if you register and get them when they become available.

Here are some helpful links:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap20...ing-2014-draft
http://blogs.hudsonvalley.com/gleaso...t-complicated/

I'd highly recommend going if you get the chance. They have projectors with the NFLN and ESPN video and they give you little radios to listen to either feed so you don't miss anything by being there. Plus you get to boo Goodell in person!
Exactly the type of info. I was looking for! Thanks!

Just wonder if the process will be different in Chicago this year.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for wristbands on Craigslist.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 01-14-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:40 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I paid $100. I had a guy who would do it every year. I just looked on Craigslist. They would cut off their wristbands and we'd retape it

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote