Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Injuries from Snow Falling from Cowboys Stadium (Packers players not involved)

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/04...inor-injuries/

Several ppl. injured from falling snow & ice from the site of SB XLV, ESPN reporting one critically injured.

Hard to imagine that photo is Dallas, looks like freaking Connecticut.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats a nice layer of morning frost they have there... pussies...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are they Packers players?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hilarious that the city was throwing sand on the road instead of salt.

Sand? Really?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's hilarious that the city was throwing sand on the road instead of salt.

Sand? Really?
We do that in the South actually. (Some spots more than others)
Old 02-04-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sand? Really?
it provides grip on the 1/4th of an inch of ice which is currently on the roads.

we had an ice-over tuesday/wednesday and then snow fall all last night and today.

the ice is still there under the snow, it's why I havent been at work since Monday.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really?

Why not throw salt on the road? So you know....the ice will melt away?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who else saw this thread title and immediately thought "Packers"?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This are has no clue on how to deal with this because they are not equipped to or trained to do so.

Usually when snow hits, it melts a day later.

This whole ***** week has been below-freezing. It's bulls***.

More Packer injury jokes not brought up by Packer fans. Wow.

Any word if the critically-injured fan is a Steeler or Packer fan? I would guess Steeler fan because the Packer fan should have been wearing the cheesehead.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I mean, the northeast is pretty crazy right now with snow too. It's been snowing or freezing rain like once every 4 days the past 2 to 3 weeks now. What's done here is you throw salt on the roads and the salt melts away the ice.

It's pretty standard procedure. Sand isn't gonna do crap.

I understand the downside of salt. It creates pot holes that forces you to repave the road, but I rather have that then my car slide around bc the city put sand on the road.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean, the northeast is pretty crazy right now with snow too. It's been snowing or freezing rain like once every 4 days the past 2 to 3 weeks now. What's done here is you throw salt on the roads and the salt melts away the ice.

It's pretty standard procedure. Sand isn't gonna do crap.

I understand the downside of salt. It creates pot holes that forces you to repave the road, but I rather have that then my car slide around bc the city put sand on the road.
Typically southern cities don't have access to the amount of rock salt needed to clear the roads. They don't keep stockpiles of it like they do in the north. You can get a lot of sand anywhere--that's why they use sand.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Typically southern cities don't have access to the amount of rock salt needed to clear the roads. They don't keep stockpiles of it like they do in the north. You can get a lot of sand anywhere--that's why they use sand.
Makes sense.

So basically, when it sleets in the south, you're screwed.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really?

Why not throw salt on the road? So you know....the ice will melt away?
A lot of places use sand instead of salt. Most of Western Canada use more sand than salt. Its better for the environment and won't **** your car or infrastructure up like salt will over time as well.

Last edited by Vox Populi : 02-04-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Does sand really provide that much grip though? I'd imagine unless you pour a good layer of sand over it, the cars will still have a lot of trouble gripping the road no?
Old 02-04-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Makes sense.

So basically, when it sleets in the south, you're screwed.
If there is a CHANCE of any frozen precipiation the south is screwed. When I lived in TX we once had a snow day because snow was forcasted.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does sand really provide that much grip though? I'd imagine unless you pour a good layer of sand over it, the cars will still have a lot of trouble gripping the road no?
Yes, sand does a wonderful job with ice. Keep in mind that this is something unlike Dallas has seen in over 20 years. When we get ice on the roads in the mornings, it's usually gone by evening traffic; if there is ice during the evening commute, we sand it and usually it's gone the next day. RARELY do we have weather which makes driving unsafe.

There is no reason for the DFW area to spend money on readiness for a situation like this because it's so rare. And, it doesnt hurt that we have snow so infrequently (maybe once or twice a year) for them to cancel events/school because of the weather.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back in the day when I worked for Haliburton, I got shipped all over the country. My crew once spent an entire week in Texas "snowed in" at our hotel despite there never being more than what I'd call flurries. I got paid for a week, a relief crew came, and I went home without ever setting foot in the refinery I was there for.

They're pussies when it comes to snow down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post

Hard to imagine that photo is Dallas, looks like freaking Connecticut.
Connecticut probably got real snow, not the tiny bit in that picture.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-04-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injuries just follow the Packers everywhere. This is just the evidence we needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every city uses sand guys. Most cities will start with salt, then when they run out / get close to busy hours of the day, they'll use sand as a last ditch effort.

It's generally better for the environment and your cars / the roads. I don't know if it is cheaper or not, but I imaging so as well.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

more proof the SB should NEVER be played anywhere except warm weather cities.that NY Super Bowl will be a doozy
Old 02-04-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
that NY Super Bowl will be a doozy
that will be hilarious. watch them have a blizzard or something.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
more proof the SB should NEVER be played anywhere except warm weather cities.that NY Super Bowl will be a doozy
I would hardly call North Texas a "cold" city. From everything I'm hearing, their average temp this time of year is about 40 degrees higher and they have precipitation of this type only a few times all winter, except like a quarter as much of it, at most. Besides, unless you're going there to party the week before, it is a great place for the actual game to take place.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Some cities use something more like refined gravel instead of sand as well for better traction. I know Montreal uses it.

And to the guy that said all cities use sand, most of them just mix it in with the salt but lately, at least where I live, theres so much salt everywhere its disgusting and the amount of sand used is minimal at best. I'd rather it be more like Calgary where it's predominantly sand instead of salt.

Last edited by Vox Populi : 02-04-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Every city uses sand guys. Most cities will start with salt, then when they run out / get close to busy hours of the day, they'll use sand as a last ditch effort.

It's generally better for the environment and your cars / the roads. I don't know if it is cheaper or not, but I imaging so as well.
Not so much. Zero sand here in my neighborhood.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
that will be hilarious. watch them have a blizzard or something.
They would probably hope for that, tbh. The ratings on TV would be astronomical...people love blizzard games.