Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-18-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Re-sign MM. I wouldn't let him go. I want 3 guys who can hit home runs. Sorry Smith, you made your decision, so you need to come in and re-establish yourself. If you can win the spot, cool. But I am not letting MM go. Also, let's develop JJ and see how he can do. He had no mini camp or OTAs. So Smith has to prove himself again. First things first, let's see where he is health wise. It's not like he is resting and stuff. I am sure he is practicing and playing in games, so who knows what that's done to his recovery process.

Bring him in and we can evaluate him from a medical standpoint and see what's going on.
Mario is the kind of player that you want to keep, but you don't want to pay.

He won't be worth the money it will cost to re-sign him. He's a good player, but not a great player. He's very replaceable.

That's the thing, when you re-sign those guys, you overpay and you hurt your cap, and then hurt your ability to re-sign the big boys you want to keep.

Good but not great talent shouldn't be re-signed. Save the money, draft his replacement. Cheaper and better for the overall team.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barden is going to prove all you guys wrong this year!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Barden is going to prove all you guys wrong this year!!!
Do you even realize what you're saying. Smith was like your favortie Giant. And you think we would even consider keeping someone with 6 catches over 2 and a half seasons over getting him back if it made sense compensation wise? Barden is a complete non-factor. I'm not even sure we keep him anyway when his PUP time is done. I'm predicting we IR him so we don't have to make a decision between him and Clayton.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Mario is the kind of player that you want to keep, but you don't want to pay.

He won't be worth the money it will cost to re-sign him. He's a good player, but not a great player. He's very replaceable.

That's the thing, when you re-sign those guys, you overpay and you hurt your cap, and then hurt your ability to re-sign the big boys you want to keep.

Good but not great talent shouldn't be re-signed. Save the money, draft his replacement. Cheaper and better for the overall team.
Well let's see how the coaches grade him. Let's see if he prices himself out or not. And Let's see what we have with JJ. He had no OTAs or mini camps. We can't evaluate him without him getting coached up.

If you can find another home run hitter than fine. Smith is not a home run hitter. Someone else has to fill that void? Clayton? Thomas? I am not ready to get rid of MM unless he prices himself out of the market. Barden is still a damn wait and see. So I want to keep MM.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Do you even realize what you're saying. Smith was like your favortie Giant. And you think we would even consider keeping someone with 6 catches over 2 and a half seasons over getting him back if it made sense compensation wise? Barden is a complete non-factor. I'm not even sure we keep him anyway when his PUP time is done. I'm predicting we IR him so we don't have to make a decision between him and Clayton.
I would take Smith back in a heartbeat but I still think Barden has a lot of potential. Clayton will get cut when Barden gets back. Barden was brought along slowly because of his pedigree and when he finally got his shot last year he showed some glimpses.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with gf on this one. Barden's going to beast when he finally gets on the field.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm with gf on this one. Barden's going to beast when he finally gets on the field.
What makes you think this, other than a hunch?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...2fd-5054d5ea1d

Sounds like Jacobs doesn't like the amount of carries. It seemed like he was sarcastic with his answer.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What makes you think this, other than a hunch?
I was a big fan of his coming out, he was breaking out in the Dallas game where he got hurt last season, and expectations are incredibly low for the kid. Plus I think Killdrive will try to use Cruz more in the slot after the bye which opens up the outside spot for Barden to steal some snaps from Mario. Plus Ramses can be a beastly run blocker when he's focused on it, so I think he'll make his way onto the field often enough to show his talent, especially in the redzone where he's almost another TE as a run blocker and has the size, leaping ability and long arms to bring down a lot of TDs.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I forgot Barden was considered a very good run blocker which can only help. That was actually a big part of Plax and Smith's game that we never really heard much about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-19-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all love Barden and hope he produces if and when he is finally healthy but the fact remains that we have nothing to go on to say that we feel like he'll produce or be a great asset to us when he is healthy. And I agree on Mario. He's definitely the type of player that you want to keep but someone wide receiver needy team will probably throw money at him that he shouldn't get and he's too inconsistent to throw big money at. I wouldn't worry about losing him though because we always seem to find capable receivers. The one thing I do worry about is replacing Suge after the season. He's only getting older and it's either you see if he wants to come back on a 1 or 2 year deal and hopefully have Brewer ready by the time he's done or go and draft/sign a younger replacement.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
We all love Barden and hope he produces if and when he is finally healthy but the fact remains that we have nothing to go on to say that we feel like he'll produce or be a great asset to us when he is healthy.
This is true. Everyone is still going on what they thought was his potential when he was drafted. Except 2.5 years has passed and now everyone is going off one game I believe against the Cowboys, where I think his best catch was a screen pass. Memory is cloudy these days, I could be wrong on that. We've seen nothing on the field that makes us believe he will be the great red zone target we were all hoping for when he was drafted.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm like 3 yrs late on this, but I finally read The GM.

Thought it was a very interesting look into the Giants front office, though I didn't like the author's writing style at all
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
This is true. Everyone is still going on what they thought was his potential when he was drafted. Except 2.5 years has passed and now everyone is going off one game I believe against the Cowboys, where I think his best catch was a screen pass. Memory is cloudy these days, I could be wrong on that. We've seen nothing on the field that makes us believe he will be the great red zone target we were all hoping for when he was drafted.
It wasn't a screen pass. The one catch that impressed me in that game was when the CB had very good coverage on him but Barden went up and attacked the ball. With his height he should be doing that but you still don't see it often. Marshall never uses his height to his advantage.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-19-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be interested to see what Barden can do when he returns. Funny how we all thought the WR position was going to suck coming into this year (after we lost Smith) and yet we are (potentially) back to having the problem of an over abundance of good WR's.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'll be interested to see what Barden can do when he returns. Funny how we all thought the WR position was going to suck coming into this year (after we lost Smith) and yet we are (potentially) back to having the problem of an over abundance of good WR's.
I don't see the over abundance. 3 only ever see the field and Cruz still makes a ton of mental mistakes.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see the over abundance. 3 only ever see the field and Cruz still makes a ton of mental mistakes.
But they have proven to be quite productive. Considering we thought it was basically just Nicks and a wildly inconsistent Mario to begin the season I think we've been pretty good in the receiver department. To to mention Ballard has been huge for us. He's not at all flashy but he gets the job done, much like Boss.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate bye weeks.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I hate bye weeks.
Especially this particular one when the rest of the games on are absolutely terrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-20-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you hear our dline coach say that JPP isn't playing full speed yet bc hes still learning and he hasn't scratched his full potential, it makes you wonder how good is he going to be when he puts it all together? I'm so glad we drafted him.

Seeing Eli make chicken salad out of chicken **** at TE the past 4 years really makes me wonder what he could do with a real TE. With the emergence of Cruz, if we can bring back Smith next year, which I think is a legit possibility, TE may become our biggest offensive need.

LT may still be a need though. I'm not very pleased with Beatty.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
tuan33
Rookie

tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
When you hear our dline coach say that JPP isn't playing full speed yet bc hes still learning and he hasn't scratched his full potential, it makes you wonder how good is he going to be when he puts it all together? I'm so glad we drafted him.

Seeing Eli make chicken salad out of chicken **** at TE the past 4 years really makes me wonder what he could do with a real TE. With the emergence of Cruz, if we can bring back Smith next year, which I think is a legit possibility, TE may become our biggest offensive need.

LT may still be a need though. I'm not very pleased with Beatty.
You think they'll bring Smith back? It seems like he burned a lot of bridges when he left for Philly.
tuan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We don't need a real TE. It's not a part of our offense and the one time we had one in the Coughlin era(Shockey) we still asked him to block more. I'm more than fine with the Boss/Ballard types in this offense and having a strong WR corps.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-20-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Smith didn't burn any bridges. Hell, Osi burned more than Smith and hes still on the team.

Id love to draft another wr if we dont bring Smith back. But if we do, theres no point in drafting one.

At that point, I'm looking to upgrade our TE spot or get an OT if we go offense in round 1
Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I also think next year, we should redo our RB core. Its mediocre. I'm probably the biggest Jacobs fan here, but if I don't see improvement, I think this should be his last year. I also think theres no point in keeping Ware. Hes average.

Keep Bradshaw obviously, keep Scott and see how he develops, but go out and get a pass catching rb. We are not a running team anymore. Our line doesn't block well and we have Eli. Make your strengths stronger. Get a TE who can stretch the seam and a rb who can catch.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WE STILL NEED SANU
That is all
Ps I love ballard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote