Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-24-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we run zone against the Packers and Saints then Brees and Rodgers will eat us alive.

That was the Garafolo article BBD. He also thinks with Prince coming back Fewell might run more zone which makes absolutely no sense to me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You figure he would run more man coverage with Prince to get him up to speed quicker.

Maaaan, I miss Spags so much. Hopefully they fire him and he comes back as our DC/HC in waiting.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I know this breaking it down to very simplest form but all zones have holes. If any QB has time, he'll find the holes. Man in it's dream form means everyone is covered or at least accounted for. We should be running at least 75% man coverage. The only zone I care for at all are exotic zone blitzes, which almost guarantee a QB will have no time.

I'd rather get beat because one of our guys couldn't make a play rather than having an opposing QB pick a zone apart.
This is basically what I want us to run. Rex Ryan's defense is actually perfect for us if it was ran out of a 4-3 (he runs a lot of 43/46 alignments as is).

That's basically Rex Ryan's defense.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This is basically what I want us to run. Rex Ryan's defense is actually perfect for us if it was ran out of a 4-3 (he runs a lot of 43/46 alignments as is).

That's basically Rex Ryan's defense.
Plus we have far far superior natural pass rushers.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I know this breaking it down to very simplest form but all zones have holes. If any QB has time, he'll find the holes. Man in it's dream form means everyone is covered or at least accounted for. We should be running at least 75% man coverage. The only zone I care for at all are exotic zone blitzes, which almost guarantee a QB will have no time.

I'd rather get beat because one of our guys couldn't make a play rather than having an opposing QB pick a zone apart.
This. I understand that some matchups you can't win with exclusively playing man coverage, but I really think we should play it at least 75 % of the time, like you said.

It's not like they would be required to cover people for 5 seconds either. With all our D-line guys healthy 3 seconds should be more than enough to get pressure or a sack most of the time.

EDIT: Didn't see until now that you guys already took care of elaborating this on the next page, but I got eager and wanted to agree as well :)

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Last edited by BigBlueNorwegian : 10-24-2011 at 02:11 PM.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also saw in one of the articles today that we are easing Prince into the lineup. I'm kind of glad we're not going to hurry him, but at the same time, what choice do we really have? We desperately need him for the Patriots, or at the very least for the Saints and Packers.

But it looks like the only things he's even going to practice are individual drills and special teams for this week at least. I would want us to at least let him participate as Cornerback in team drills at practice, so we can see what we have. That way we can better understand how much of a contribution we can expect this season.

And the part about playing more zone with him back in the lineup makes no sense at all. Wasn't one of his major strengths man coverage in College?

Quote:
Old 10-25-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has the makings of another trap game with JP Losman maybe starting for the Fins.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
This has the makings of another trap game with JP Losman maybe starting for the Fins.
If the Seahawk game didn't happen they I'd say maybe but I think the team realizes they still need to bring the A game to beat the lesser opponents.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-25-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah but we also love to suck against back up quarterbacks.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

This will be the first game we have all 4 De's playing together so I'm excited.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-25-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

As long as we don't turn the ball over we should be ok. I say this every time we play an opponent we should beat, I don't care if it's ugly, I just want a win.

Just win. Then comes the real tests. We'll find out what this team is really made of in the coming weeks.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We usually play down to our opponent so this probably will end up being a close game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-25-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

One thing I noticed while looking ahead at our schedule is that we are probably going to get four primetime games in a row starting week 11.

vs.Philaldelphia (SNF)
@New Orleans (MNF)

And then we are supposed to have a 4 o' clock game against the Packers before the week 14 SNF against Dallas. But by week 13 we are in the part where NBC is allowed to opt out of their original game by swapping it with a 4 o'clock game.

And the SNF for that week is Indianapolis at New England. If Peyton Manning's not playing this season, then I'm sure they would opt to use the flex opportunity due to the Colts being a trainwreck without him. Our matchup against Green bay is by far the best of the games with an afternoon kickoff.

I'm sure this doesn't bother you guys all that much, but for me in Europe, that means four weeks in a row with the Giants game starting at 02:30 local time and ending rougly around 06:00. Sleep deprivation here I come :(

Quote:
Old 10-25-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
One thing I noticed while looking ahead at our schedule is that we are probably going to get four primetime games in a row starting week 11.

vs.Philaldelphia (SNF)
@New Orleans (MNF)

And then we are supposed to have a 4 o' clock game against the Packers before the week 14 SNF against Dallas. But by week 13 we are in the part where NBC is allowed to opt out of their original game by swapping it with a 4 o'clock game.

And the SNF for that week is Indianapolis at New England. If Peyton Manning's not playing this season, then I'm sure they would opt to use the flex opportunity due to the Colts being a trainwreck without him. Our matchup against Green bay is by far the best of the games with an afternoon kickoff.

I'm sure this doesn't bother you guys all that much, but for me in Europe, that means four weeks in a row with the Giants game starting at 02:30 local time and ending rougly around 06:00. Sleep deprivation here I come :(

I was in Munich for the Monday night game, I tried following it on my computer at like 2 am, but fell asleep.

Can't even imagine how hard it is for that to be all the time!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post

vs.Philaldelphia (SNF)
@New Orleans (MNF)

Haha, I am sorry bro! But it's great for me :P I live in Miami so the primetime games guarantee I don't have to watch through a tiny box on my computer.

Still ouch, lmao, 6:00 am? If you really go through with that... that's some dedication!

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Should I start Victor Cruz this week?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Should I start Victor Cruz this week?
Yes. In any league where you start 3 WR and have 10 teams, I would think all 3 of our WRs would always be must starts except for maybe against the best defenses in the league.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Daniel Thomas, Sidney Rice, MJD, and Steven Jackson.

Of those 4, who would you bench for Cruz?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sidney Rice for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-26-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Haha, I am sorry bro! But it's great for me :P I live in Miami so the primetime games guarantee I don't have to watch through a tiny box on my computer.

Still ouch, lmao, 6:00 am? If you really go through with that... that's some dedication!
Thanks for the support! Yeah, sure I go through with it! I was stupid enough to get hooked on the NFL in the first place, so now it's my blessing and my curse. But I probably won't be able to be as dedicated a fan when my studies finish in two and a half years though. Do not wan't to think about that day yet:(

Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Daniel Thomas, Sidney Rice, MJD, and Steven Jackson.

Of those 4, who would you bench for Cruz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sidney Rice for sure.
This, as long as Whitehurst is QB, Rice's value is shot.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Prince in Zone?

Its funny because I seem to remember an article saying the exact opposite, that they would play Prince in Man to make it easier on him.

In Nebraska they had him in man coverage most of the time, and it was a strength of his.
Prince in an interview:
"That is mostly what we did at Nebraska, just line up against a guy and it was your best guy versus their best guy. That’s what we did and I am very used to that, but I can play zone, too, so if we play that, I can get in and contribute that way, too.”
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownmaker View Post
Its funny because I seem to remember an article saying the exact opposite, that they would play Prince in Man to make it easier on him.

In Nebraska they had him in man coverage most of the time, and it was a strength of his.
Prince in an interview:
"That is mostly what we did at Nebraska, just line up against a guy and it was your best guy versus their best guy. That’s what we did and I am very used to that, but I can play zone, too, so if we play that, I can get in and contribute that way, too.”
We all want to see Prince in man as well but since Fewell loves his zone D we're a little nervous about it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think we should rest Tuck this week. Keep him as fresh as possible. Or if he does play, cut his snaps in half.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well with 4 healthy DE's the snaps will be limited. I want him to play and get back in shape for the tough schedule to come. Also, JPP has been getting way to many snaps per game and I don't him wearing out as the year goes on. Tuck should play if healthy.

sig by BoneKrusher