Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-01-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I just don't understand why people still discount him or even worse dislike or hate him.
I don't get it either. I mean there's still a good portion of the Giants fanbase that likes to throw him under the bus at the first sign of trouble. I've been firmly planted on the Eli bandwagon since the Chargers game in '05 and haven't wavered since. That was the first time you could tell he really was Easy Eli. Our defense didn't show up for that game but I can't believe how Eli played in one of the most hostile environments I've been in. Throw in the Denver comeback a few games after that and I'd seen enough to stick by him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't get it either. I mean there's still a good portion of the Giants fanbase that likes to throw him under the bus at the first sign of trouble. I've been firmly planted on the Eli bandwagon since the Chargers game in '05 and haven't wavered since. That was the first time you could tell he really was Easy Eli. Our defense didn't show up for that game but I can't believe how Eli played in one of the most hostile environments I've been in. Throw in the Denver comeback a few games after that and I'd seen enough to stick by him.
I think the system was such a bad fit, and isn't QB friendly. Also, surrounded by big time personalities like Shockey, Plax, and Tiki. Factor in that idiot Hufangel while Rivers had Cam C. and Ben had whisenhunt.

I wish we could put Eli in system where we can pad the living sheet out of his stats. And then do the same thing other systems do for their QB.

Look what they did to Brees during the Colts game!!

5 TDS and 325 yards, and all of them were like 2, 4, 2, 6 ans 14 yard passes.

No RB got over 100 yards, but they made sure Brees got his.

We ALWAYS run the ball down there. What if we started doing that? No more Bradshaw 3 TDs like in the Bills game. Put those in Eli's stat column!

Instead of 13th or 15th in the league in terms of passing attempts, let's have him top 3 and see what happens like all the "band name" QBs.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Eli get the recognition he deserves but as I said in the other thread I'm sick of defending. We all wouldn't trade Eli for any other QB in the NFL except for Brady or Rodgers at this point. He's a great fit for the team and NY. I agree I definitely want him to get his numbers but it's tough for a cold weather QB to put up huge numbers like Rivers in warm SD or Brees in a dome. In that Bills game it was smart football to run it in but of course it would have been nice to let Eli get a throw or 2 down there. When Eli retires everyone is going to realize how special of a QB he really was.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would love to see Eli get the recognition he deserves but as I said in the other thread I'm sick of defending. We all wouldn't trade Eli for any other QB in the NFL except for Brady or Rodgers at this point. He's a great fit for the team and NY. I agree I definitely want him to get his numbers but it's tough for a cold weather QB to put up huge numbers like Rivers in warm SD or Brees in a dome. In that Bills game it was smart football to run it in but of course it would have been nice to let Eli get a throw or 2 down there. When Eli retires everyone is going to realize how special of a QB he really was.
Well our system doesn't help any either. Why not pad Eli's stats like the others do?

1 yard TD

3 yard TD

Instead you and I know it's Bradshaw and jacobs area of expertise. Screw that, he is the leader and franchise QB, so let him get those TDs.

Instead we run it, and we see someone run the wrong route that results in an INT. So the box scores reads:

0 TD 1 Int

LOL. People think then it's his fault!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares what they think? You take stats too seriously.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Who cares what they think? You take stats too seriously.
We are fans of a sport where we deal with other fan bases. Unless one watches the game and doesn't read or watch or talk to anyone about it then fine. But when one likes to talk football, the topic is bound to come up.

Plus unforuntely stats are the currency which a player is graded when other fan bases don't see other games. That's a big issue.

I wouldn't care if other people's opinion was somewhat accurate. Saying he is a bad QB or avg is just plain wrong. Why not add the earth is flat to it too?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
We are fans of a sport where we deal with other fan bases. Unless one watches the game and doesn't read or watch or talk to anyone about it then fine. But when one likes to talk football, the topic is bound to come up.

Plus unforuntely stats are the currency which a player is graded when other fan bases don't see other games. That's a big issue.

I wouldn't care if other people's opinion was somewhat accurate. Saying he is a bad QB or avg is just plain wrong. Why not add the earth is flat to it too?
The bolded part has been the biggest issue in regards to the Eli bashers. They just look at the final numbers and assume he played terribly. Even the biggest NFL fans don't watch every game every week so they just glance at the stats. I'm a huge baseball fan where stats 95% tell the story there but in football it's more like 20% and that might be a high number. We know what Eli is and I'm happy he's our QB. Screw the haters at this point. I'll take the never had a losing record stat from him over anything else.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
The bolded part has been the biggest issue in regards to the Eli bashers. They just look at the final numbers and assume he played terribly. Even the biggest NFL fans don't watch every game every week so they just glance at the stats. I'm a huge baseball fan where stats 95% tell the story there but in football it's more like 20% and that might be a high number. We know what Eli is and I'm happy he's our QB. Screw the haters at this point.
Its true, like it or not. Just look at the stuff available, from stupid FF league stats to that damn Football insiders stats where they break down everything. People who don't know football rely on them. It's like I said, it's the currency of NFL fans. It's how those type of fans relate.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I wish we had our old thread back. I'd like to see what we were saying about Eli in that tough stretch in 2007 especially after that Minny game. Oh well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I wish we had our old thread back. I'd like to see what we were saying about Eli in that tough stretch in 2007 especially after that Minny game. Oh well.
Cursing Gilbride probably! LOL.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its true, like it or not. Just look at the stuff available, from stupid FF league stats to that damn Football insiders stats where they break down everything. People who don't know football rely on them. It's like I said, it's the currency of NFL fans. It's how those type of fans relate.
I think Eli's a good barometer for whether people have any clue about the giants or are just talking out of their ass. Knowledgeable fans that watch the giants play eventually realize just how special Eli is, and really, those are the fans who's opinion on the giants I am actually interested in hearing. Plus it's fun letting people pretend like they know what they're talking when they start to rail on Eli. Makes me giggle like a little kid sometimes.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: Nevermind figered out all of them except for the white guy next to JJ, Prince and Austin, I think it's DePalma

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 11-01-2011 at 08:52 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just don't understand why people still discount him or even worse dislike or hate him.
Probably his lackadaisical body language, and the way he dealt with the Chargers. I really don't get the second one seeing as almost no one gives Elway flack for doing that to the Colts.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Probably his lackadaisical body language, and the way he dealt with the Chargers. I really don't get the second one seeing as almost no one gives Elway flack for doing that to the Colts.
Actually he shows more emotion then previously in his career from TD celebrations to messed up routes and blitz pickups. Just ask Bradshaw during the Saints blowout couple seasons back, when eli ripped him during the game.

Elway did that and Jim Kelly went to the UFL to avoid the Bills. People just don't like Eli. Flat out..
Old 11-02-2011, 07:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big market players generally receive more haters than small market players. That's just how it is. Eli, Sanchez, Romo, Cutler, etc.

Small market fans typically have a chip on their shoulder with big market teams and combine the extra media coverage and criticism and it just adds up to more hate than small market guys.

Like if Phillip Rivers was the qb of the Jets, he'd be getting KILLED. Hell, a lot of people compare Phillip Rivers to a west coast version of Tony Romo, all stats, no substance, yet Romo gets killed and Rivers is hailed as a top 5 qb.

It's just one of the perks of playing in a small market team. *shrug* Seriously, who cares. I could give 2 shits about perception. I just want rings. Get championships. That's all I care about. Stats don't mean ****.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Brandon Bing to the Practice Squad!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-02-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just gonna post that! Hooray Brandon bing
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I was just gonna post that! Hooray Brandon bing
We're still patiently waiting for a Schiano Scarlet Knight to finally make the team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-02-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know about you guys but I'd like to see Da'rel Scott active on gamedays and maybe play a role similar to what Bradshaw did for us his rookie season in '07. Ease him in to the offense late in the year and give us that 3rd head in the backfield that is a home run threat. I've had enough of Ware and I think Scott has the potential to add another dimension to this offense.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Who is Jim Trotter?
Midseason quarterback rankings
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...0sct=hp_t11_a2

Quote:
1. Rodgers
2. Roethlisberger
3. Brady
4. Fitzpatrick
5. Newton
6. A. Smith
7. Brees

Quote:
8. Eli Manning, Giants: He threw a career-high 25 interceptions last season and the Giants missed the playoffs. This year they're 5-2 and leading the NFC East largely because he has thrown only five picks, three of which came in a loss to the Seahawks. Manning is quietly on pace for one of his best seasons, with 13 TDs and a league-leading 119.3 fourth-quarter passing rating.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Someone bad at his job? Those rankings aren't even worth talking about never mind the fake internet ink he used to write them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-02-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who is Jim Trotter?
Obviously an idiot. 8th place? and he states that the rankings are for this season only? Eli needs to be third or fourth at the very least on this list. The only guys playing better football this season at QB is Rodgers and Brady IMO. You could make a case for Roethlisberger as well.

I honestly can't wait to see Eli go up against this rough part of our schedule. He just seems so much better this year. And that's not to say he wasn't very good the last couple of seasons, but he seems to have taken another step up this year.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the worst top 10 qb list I've ever seen. That's the problem with the blogging world of the internet, everybody has a voice, no matter how stupid it is.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradshaw out indefinitely! This one could be a back breaker. All those injuries before were kind of overblown and recoverable from. I don't know about this one.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least we'll get to see what Scott can do this year rather than having to wait until the preseason next year and Eli will get to keep throwing the ball this winter...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote