Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-07-2011, 07:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* LOVE Eli Manning.

What a game.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Horrible hangover, late to work, but what an awesome Monday!
My stomach is in horrible shape right now, and I'm not really sure what I ate during the Sunday night game that is causing this.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
My stomach is in horrible shape right now, and I'm not really sure what I ate during the Sunday night game that is causing this.
I ate nothing but wings, guac and jager. My roommate is also a huge Ravens fan, talk about to amazing finishes.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We officially need a giants team forum get together to watch a game.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I ate nothing but wings, guac and jager. My roommate is also a huge Ravens fan, talk about to amazing finishes.
My girlfriend is a big Ravens fan as well. I didn't make it until the end of the game. I think I passed out when they went to commercial after they challenged if Ben ran that one TD in or not. Yeah I basically ate Eggs and then wings all day. I'm going to do some damage to the public restroom here at work in about 20 minutes.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We officially need a giants team forum get together to watch a game.
This, this and more this. That would be crazy. But we'd need a defibulator on hand for these heart attack games we always have
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made it through half of the Ravens game I think. I'm still super pumped about the Giants. Great day to go to work hungover.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win! I barely could sleep! Such a comeback! We truly have a sick QB. When the game is on the line, give it to Eli!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of good articles now...

Boston herald

Eli Manning comes through again
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...through_again/

Eli makes his case to sit at the NFL QBs' big-boy table
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream

Eli proves he belongs in 'elite' class
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/E...himself-110711

Time to face facts: Eli among elite quarterbacks
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...e-quarterbacks
Old 11-07-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

The writers are idiots. They'll write negative articles and all will be forgotten if he throws 2 picks next week and we lose.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The writers are idiots. They'll write negative articles and all will be forgotten if he throws 2 picks next week and we lose.
That could be. I think this was a huge first step though. I think now he is on their radar in their heads. It might not be all writers and media guys, but I think this was a good 1st step!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather the media stay off Eli's nuts. I sort of like it when we are the only one's who know that Eli is that good.

Ohh by the way, RAMSES!!!!!! What a sick catch to save an INT. Eli targeted him a lot yesterday which makes me believe he knows the player he can be.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I look back at it, I really think this offseason has been a perfect storm of motivational factors for Eli to really take that final small step up and establish himself in the ranks of the Elite QBs.

1. He was snubbed and doubted multiple times this offseason. First, people woudn't let the 25 interceptions go away. Yeah, it was a worse than normal year in that regard, but let's face it. He did not get enough credit from the outside world, most reporters and even most giants fans about last years play. We were decimated by injuries at WR, and also at the offensive line. Multiple passes were tipped, and despite the low sack numbers, he was pressured a lot. But he had great stats in every other category than INTs. We won 10 freaking games, enough for a playoff berth most years. And yet, the main focus remained on the one negative. He can say he doesn't read the newspapers or watch the tv-shows all he wants. But I think it's almost impossible to not notice these things, especially in the New York market. This had to motivate him.

2.Continuing on the first point, there was the NFL top 100 players in 2011. How on earth did Eli not get on there? Donovan Mc*******Nabb was on it, and he played what, 6 games for the Redskins with horrible results last year. Being disrespected by the outside world, like reporters and casual fans is one thing. But this list was compiled by letting NFL players vote. To be disrespected by your colleagues when you actually are one of the better guys in your profession, I really can't imagine a better source of motivation.

3.When the offseason started after the lockout, he lost two important pieces to our passing game. Most guys would have hated this, and it would have made them worse. I can't speak for you guys obviously, but I was very concerned about Eli's season and our offense in general. He threw 25 INTs last year, and now you take away the two most reliable checkdown/intermediate options in our passing offense. Everything just screamed trouble about those moves. But Eli probably took this as even more of a motivational push. " So everyone is expecting me to throw even more INTs now that i don't have Boss and Smith to bail me out? I'll show them it's not about the recievers, it's about me!"

4.He had his first child. This may sound stupid to many, and I cannot fully comprehend the importance of this since i'm (luckily) not a father yet, but I've heard this time and again from athletes and people in general really. You get a change in your priorities when you become a parent. Your profession is no longer the be all,end all thing in your life. You become less egotistical. But at the same time you get a newfound passion for what you do, and you get a great inspiration. This point is pure speculation on my part of course, but I think it made an impact on Eli. He seems even calmer under pressure than before. He seems like he knows that no matter what happens, it will not be the end of the world if he doesn't win the game in the final minute, force that pass because we're down two scores, and so on. And when you have that mindset, the positive things happen naturally.

It's impossible for us to fully understand and comprehend the mindset of Eli Manning, or the underlying motivational factors that triggers him. But I've tried here with this post. One thing is for certain though. Something seems different with him this year, in an undoubtedly 100% positive way. Let's enjoy the ride for the last eight weeks and hopefully into January and February. I'm starting to get the feeling that it just might be a special one.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
2.Continuing on the first point, there was the NFL top 100 players in 2011. How on earth did Eli not get on there? Donovan Mc*******Nabb was on it, and he played what, 6 games for the Redskins with horrible results last year. Being disrespected by the outside world, like reporters and casual fans is one thing. But this list was compiled by letting NFL players vote. To be disrespected by your colleagues when you actually are one of the better guys in your profession, I really can't imagine a better source of motivation.
Haha that list is garbage. I was talking about that with some friends yesterday. They are all Ravens fans and were bitching how everyone was all over Josh Freeman for some reason and they were pissed how he was higher than Flacco on that list. I told them Eli didn't even make the list and they were shocked. The whole thing was garbage.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Manning better than Brady in epic Giants' win; more Week 9

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...module=HP11_cp

A lot of articles now popping up. For those that are interested!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I was more scared at losing Smith than Boss. I thought Boss was very replaceable even though I liked him. I certainly didn't foresee Cruz stepping up the way he has so that's why the Smith thing isn't killing Eli.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Boss was pretty replaceable as Ballard has stopped up. They're very similar players and I think Ballard is a good second tight end but I would LOVE to have a real threat at the position.

I wish we utilized the position enough to warrant drafting a first/second round TE. Maybe we can keep a look out for one of those limited football experience/freak athlete TE's that pop up in the form of Jimmy Graham and such from time to time in the later rounds.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I was more scared at losing Smith than Boss. I thought Boss was very replaceable even though I liked him. I certainly didn't foresee Cruz stepping up the way he has so that's why the Smith thing isn't killing Eli.
Yeah, but problem was, in our eyes at least, that they didn't even try to replace Boss with anyone. They signed that one guy, Ben Patrick or something. But then he retired after three days on the team lol. So that left us with Pascoe,Ballard and Beckum. I sure as hell didn't expect any of those guys to produce like Boss did, individually or as a group. But Ballard sure as hell proved me wrong! Love that guy, his catch last night was sick!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well our intention wasn't to not re-sign Boss. He was at the airport and canceled coming and took the Raiders offer. I think Ballard was a big time surprise. Even Gilbride though so, based on his interviews on giants.com. I think he is a big time surprise.

I liked what Barden did, now I wonder about Beckum. What's his use now? Is he ever going to contribute?
Old 11-07-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Well our intention wasn't to not re-sign Boss. He was at the airport and canceled coming and took the Raiders offer. I think Ballard was a big time surprise. Even Gilbride though so, based on his interviews on giants.com. I think he is a big time surprise.

I liked what Barden did, now I wonder about Beckum. What's his use now? Is he ever going to contribute?
Simple answer? No. I think we all feel that he's useless. Maybe he just sucks, or maybe we just don't have the offensive coordinator to utilize him properly. I'm guessing it's a bit of both.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Is he even going out on routes? I don't remember seeing him on routes.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He's terrible. He should be cut already. He's a waste of roster space. It was a dumb pick at the time and it looks even worse now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No.....no he's not....
Old 11-07-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

BBD! We won! You missed the moment where a lot of people were drunk! hahaha
Old 11-07-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
BBD! We won! You missed the moment where a lot of people were drunk! hahaha
Haha it was an exciting time.

sig by BoneKrusher