Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-07-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Haha it was an exciting time.
It was. Good thing we won. Cause I was already drunk either way and I would not have been pleasant to be around if we lost.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It was. Good thing we won. Cause I was already drunk either way and I would not have been pleasant to be around if we lost.
LOL. But.. we did win! And in epic fashion! I want to see more Barden now. I thought he would score that TD! Damn we can't we shake those tackles like other players on other teams do. So close!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For his first game back I was super pumped with how he looked. You might think I'm nuts but he might have the highest upside of any WR on the team sans Nicks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, check it out! Plaxico was in the Gillette stadium parking lot before last nights game!

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...triots_ma.html

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone remember a game where Eli took so many hits? Eli took a beating yesterday I feel like.

Also that dirtbag Matt Light should have been flagged. I think he was still mad at the Giants for getting abused in SB 42.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't impressed with Barden. He was very slow off the line I thought. I'm glad he made some catches, but I don't see an impact player in him. Not yet at least. Perhaps its too early bc he's not 100% yet, but I didn't see an impact player yesterday when I saw him.

Way too slow off the line.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He's a big guy so I'm not worried about that. He'll be able to bully most of the CB's. I hope we see an expanded Barden package.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For his first game back I was super pumped with how he looked. You might think I'm nuts but he might have the highest upside of any WR on the team sans Nicks.
I missed the game but I'm glad to read he was able to contribute in his first game back, I was braced for the worst with him in this game even though I'd agree that the kid has as much potential as any receiver on the team, Nicks included. If it all comes together he'll be a monster deep, a redzone beast and basically another TE as a blocker, Nicks will be better with the ball in his hands and creating seperation, but Barden's size should level that out. I'm also excited to see what happens as Ramses' package grows.

EDIT: before BBD gets on me for overhyping the kid I was just saying that's he has the potential to break into that Plax/V-Jax category of giant deep threats some day.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 11-08-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Koets is expected to be released.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-08-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EAGLES NOTES: Smith itches to get back on field

http://timesherald.com/article/20111...TS03/111109778

Quote:
The 107-catch receiver was on the sideline last week for the teamís most dominant performance of the season. This week he worked on the scout team getting the starters prepared for their Monday night game here against the Chicago Bears.

Scout team it up SS. Give the first team a good look buddy!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes me think our doctors really were right about him not being ready for a while. His speed was never really a huge factor in his game but if his knee isn't ready maybe it's causing him to struggle.

Hopefully he gets tired of Philly and come joins the Giants again. He's still a perfect slot receiver for us, assuming he is healthy.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Koets hurts. I was hard on him, but he really developed into a reliable C last year before hurting his knee. Hell, he looked better last year than Baas has looked this year.

I guess he never recovered from that injury. Shame. He would have been a great backup C for us. Now we need to look for one in the draft in the middle rounds.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Losing Koets hurts. I was hard on him, but he really developed into a reliable C last year before hurting his knee. Hell, he looked better last year than Baas has looked this year.

I guess he never recovered from that injury. Shame. He would have been a great backup C for us. Now we need to look for one in the draft in the middle rounds.
They probably view Boothe as the backup C for the next few years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Here's an article on a really interesting concept Coughlin has introduced this year. We'll see how successful it ends up being.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...387896436.html

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

Are we going to hit on these project picks?

Whimper is gone
Koets is gone

What about this Brewer? Are we going to actually use him at some point? If not, then let's stop that drafting and go somewhere else.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Whimper and Koets were very serviceable when they were here. Also, Whimper is now doing a nice job with the Jags so he does have some talent. There's no need to overpay for these players though when their time for a new contract comes up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I actually regret letting Whimper go. I didn't agree with it at the time, and he's proving his worth with the Jags. He wouldve been a very solid backup swing OT or future RT for us.

Koets, we extended him last year the day before his injury. For dirt cheap too, it was a steal at the time. Both of those guys are unfortunate situations, both would have made our depth much stronger than it is.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I actually regret letting Whimper go. I didn't agree with it at the time, and he's proving his worth with the Jags. He wouldve been a very solid backup swing OT or future RT for us.

Koets, we extended him last year the day before his injury. For dirt cheap too, it was a steal at the time. Both of those guys are unfortunate situations, both would have made our depth much stronger than it is.
Yeah I don't see any problem with how we've treated the line. We draft the young guys and let them sit in our OL developmental program for a few years and they we get them some time on the field. I know we've taken a small hit this year but Beatty has right in and been average at worse in his first year starting. Baas has been hurt unfortunately which has cut into the line "gelling." We'll probably see a new RT next year whether we move Diehl there or sign someone. If they like what they see from Brewer they probably move Diehl there for the year and then hand the job to Brewer while Diehl becomes our new Seubert.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I don't see any problem with how we've treated the line. We draft the young guys and let them sit in our OL developmental program for a few years and they we get them some time on the field. I know we've taken a small hit this year but Beatty has right in and been average at worse in his first year starting. Baas has been hurt unfortunately which has cut into the line "gelling." We'll probably see a new RT next year whether we move Diehl there or sign someone. If they like what they see from Brewer they probably move Diehl there for the year and then hand the job to Brewer while Diehl becomes our new Seubert.
Yeah I have no problem with our system. My question is...what do we make of Beatty?

He's "good enough", but is good enough good enough? He's piss poor at run blocking, and even in pass protection, he's just average.

So do we move forward with the assumption that he'll get better with more reps, or do we actively look to upgrade from him?

I don't know how I feel about that yet.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I have no problem with our system. My question is...what do we make of Beatty?

He's "good enough", but is good enough good enough? He's piss poor at run blocking, and even in pass protection, he's just average.

So do we move forward with the assumption that he'll get better with more reps, or do we actively look to upgrade from him?

I don't know how I feel about that yet.
I think we move forward thnking he will get better. Him and Diehl are working together for the first time and we know the more the line plays together the better it will get. It seems like you don't need a premier LT in the NFL anymore to be successful so as of now I'm fine with what Beatty is giving us. He absoultely needs to get better in the run game but right now the whole line does.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 08:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I think we move forward thnking he will get better. Him and Diehl are working together for the first time and we know the more the line plays together the better it will get. It seems like you don't need a premier LT in the NFL anymore to be successful so as of now I'm fine with what Beatty is giving us. He absoultely needs to get better in the run game but right now the whole line does.
I agree with that completely (the LT not being as important part). I've told myself to make a point in an upcoming thread I'm gonna write up about how the LT position has become the most overrated position in football.

His run blocking bothers me though. Even with his shortcomings in pass pro, I'm fine with him, but his run blocking bothers me a lot. We simply can't run to the left at all bc of him.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He doesn't have that agressive mauling nature you like to see in your run blocking game but his technique will get better. If he becomes at best an average LT I am fine with that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-09-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFF says we played all 78 defensive snaps with at least 5 DBs.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Inside the Numbers
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...c-c075dc0aed2f

Good read!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like Da'Rel Scott wil be returning kicks from now on. I'm pretty excited by that.

sig by BoneKrusher