Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-10-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sounds like Da'Rel Scott wil be returning kicks from now on. I'm pretty excited by that.
I hope that doing well there will get him the chance to see some carries.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I hope that doing well there will get him the chance to see some carries.
We haven't been in situations that would allow us to ease him in. A 2 TD lead in the 4th quarter for example. We haven't had one except the Rams I think. Every other game has been a nail biter.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're bringing him along slowly similar to how we brought Bradshaw along in 2007. I haven't had a problem with Scott's usage to this point. He'll be a great weapon the second half of the year with his fresh legs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like Da'Rel Scott wil be returning kicks from now on. I'm pretty excited by that.
as long as he takes care of the ball, I'm pumped to see it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which coach would you least like to play for?

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...#ixzz1dLnbhNE7
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Which coach would you least like to play for?

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...#ixzz1dLnbhNE7
It's dumb. I don't care much about it. It just tells me players don't care much about winning.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-10-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's dumb. I don't care much about it. It just tells me players don't care much about winning.
This. What exactly does Anthony Adams even know about Coughlin? Stupid idiot. Have fun looking back at your career when the only ring you have is the one you bought at a gum machine at the local fair in 2007. The same year Coughlin, his staff and players kicked ass and won a Superbowl ring.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Bradshaw ruled out for Sunday already. We really could have used him for Sunday. Jacobs/Ware/Scott will have to step it up once again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-10-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really need to figure something out in the run game. Bc it's been so mediocre this year.

The left side of our oline has been a mess all season. Beatty sucks at run blocking, Diehl has regressed a ton this year, and Baas is always hurt. Not good.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We really need to figure something out in the run game. Bc it's been so mediocre this year.

The left side of our oline has been a mess all season. Beatty sucks at run blocking, Diehl has regressed a ton this year, and Baas is always hurt. Not good.
Diehl has regressed but I actually think it's because he's at a new position and he has Beatty to the left of him. He's also learning to play with a new center who only plays every other game lately. The line will solidify big time if everyone can stay healthy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-10-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Time to restock offensive talent during this draft. I hope we hit up more OL men, and/or skill players.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Diehl has regressed but I actually think it's because he's at a new position and he has Beatty to the left of him. He's also learning to play with a new center who only plays every other game lately. The line will solidify big time if everyone can stay healthy.
Chemistry is definitely a part of it. But I'm seeing Diehl losing his 1 on 1 battles regularly as well. He just hasn't looked very good this year.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Chemistry is definitely a part of it. But I'm seeing Diehl losing his 1 on 1 battles regularly as well. He just hasn't looked very good this year.
Like I said I agree but I think the main culprits are what I stated above. A new position plus 2 new guys to both of sides is a tough transition to make without a training camp. I think he has another 2 or 3 years left in him at a good level.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-10-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Time to restock offensive talent during this draft. I hope we hit up more OL men, and/or skill players.
Quiet you. You will take your middle round developmental olinemen and be happy with it!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Quiet you. You will take your middle round developmental olinemen and be happy with it!
I go defense again in the 1st round unless a major offensive player falls into our lap. Sorry NYG.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-10-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Like I said I agree but I think the main culprits are what I stated above. A new position plus 2 new guys to both of sides is a tough transition to make without a training camp. I think he has another 2 or 3 years left in him at a good level.
I was hoping he could move to RT when McKenzie retires, but I don't think thats a possibility anymore.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I go defense again in the 1st round unless a major offensive player falls into our lap. Sorry NYG.
I think other than LB, we should focus on some offense this draft. OL, TE, WR, RB, I think we can use some fresh legs in all of those areas.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I think other than LB, we should focus on some offense this draft. OL, TE, WR, RB, I think we can use some fresh legs in all of those areas.
I think we're set at WR unless Sanu is there. I would go TE in the 3rd or 4th. RB I also think we're set for next year but after that it's a possibility. I wouldn't hate a OL early I suppose.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-10-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I was hoping he could move to RT when McKenzie retires, but I don't think thats a possibility anymore.
It might be possible for a year. I'd like to keep the line as is until the end of next year if at all possible though. The only change I would make is Diehl to RT and Petrus to LG.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-10-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I think we're set at WR unless Sanu is there. I would go TE in the 3rd or 4th. RB I also think we're set for next year but after that it's a possibility. I wouldn't hate a OL early I suppose.
We have options for sure. I think MIKE is an absolute need. Other than that, let's see how the board shapes up and take it from there. That's the great thing about our roster right now, it's so complete that we can really just go BPA and stock up on talent.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
We have options for sure. I think MIKE is an absolute need. Other than that, let's see how the board shapes up and take it from there. That's the great thing about our roster right now, it's so complete that we can really just go BPA and stock up on talent.
Absolutely! Would Kuechly play Mike for us or would we play him on the outside you think? Boley will still be here and Williams looks like a keeper. I guess he'd be a Mike but if Fewell is still here also these guys wouldn't be on the field as much making the pick sort of a waste. Like you said just take talent and then figure out where it fits.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-10-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Boooooooooooo! Boooooooooooooo! And then they leave the team after sitting on inactive! Yippeeee!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Absolutely! Would Kuechly play Mike for us or would we play him on the outside you think? Boley will still be here and Williams looks like a keeper. I guess he'd be a Mike but if Fewell is still here also these guys wouldn't be on the field as much making the pick sort of a waste. Like you said just take talent and then figure out where it fits.
I think Fewell is playing this big nickel base defense out of necessity bc he doesn't have that MIKE he wants.

If Luke is on the board, we have to take him. Then we can finally play more base D.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I think Fewell is playing this big nickel base defense out of necessity bc he doesn't have that MIKE he wants.

If Luke is on the board, we have to take him. Then we can finally play more base D.
Fewell also might be gone in a year or two so that's also why you just take the best player.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-10-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Boooooooooooo! Boooooooooooooo! And then they leave the team after sitting on inactive! Yippeeee!
I see you're finally catching on and accepting it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote