Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-21-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, because Jacobs blows and Ware is concussed. I like Scott, but he's nothing more than a scatback at this point. But I fully believe Bradshaw plays this week. Extra day, rested for a while and right now, we need this. This game is the one for our O to get back on track. I really believe the Saints are beatable and we match up fairly well, especially if Ross is healthy, along with Boley and with Prince back. We need this game because I don't see us beating the packers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I think Eli and our offense would be awesome with Norv as our OC. I really want to see that happen if we decide to clean house. Coughlin needs to go if we don't make the playoffs this season. Three years in a row with no playoffs in Eli's prime. That not going to cut it. Stupid coordinator hires falls on him as well. And I'm starting to believe what Rosebud is preaching about TC giving orders to go soft in "easy" games on defense. That's an ignorant and stupid approach. There are no easy or slam-dunk games in the NFL.
I never thought about it, but Norv as an OC here would be an excellent hire. He would do wonders for Eli and really open things up for him. Not sure who to look for as a HC in that situation, but I'd like that fit. I know you guys mostly get onto "kill drive", but he's never impressed me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spags gets fired as Rams coach. Becomes our HC. Norv as our OC. Me as the DC. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN

or even better, Jessie Armstead at DC. yeahhh, I like where this is going
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott should have been given more carries last night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our CB depth has taken another hit. Coe is out for the year with a shoulder injury.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-21-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antrel Rolle actually said something that didn't make me hate him:

—When I saw Eli get hit after his interception, it took everything I had to remain on the sideline.
—“You don’t take sh** from anybody. Last night, we took some.”
Old 11-21-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Mathias Kiwanuka play the best game of his career? I loved what I saw from him last night. Wish Anthony Spencer played like that. :/
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did Mathias Kiwanuka play the best game of his career? I loved what I saw from him last night. Wish Anthony Spencer played like that. :/
I think it was his best game as a LBer. He had a better game or two as a DE though.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Rolle has actually toned down his act a lot this year. Coughlin must have got to him a little.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-21-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now Michael Coe CB is out for the season! Which of you made a deal with the dude downstairs? Come on fess up! 5 CBs done is no accident!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah he did, but he sucks in space. So all I picture is JG running a play called steamer where you isolate the RB on the LB. I can picture this with either back. We ran it when I coached with John G. at JG's charity event. Great play!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Scott should have been given more carries last night.
I agree with this, with all the draws we run scott is ideal because he gets up the field quickly. Draws and Jacobs do not mesh well, he has no quickness and the hole is not defined pre-snap because the OL must go with the stunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Antrel Rolle actually said something that didn't make me hate him:

—When I saw Eli get hit after his interception, it took everything I had to remain on the sideline.
—“You don’t take sh** from anybody. Last night, we took some.”
Good, remember that for next year against the eagles. It seemed like there was almost a fight every other play during that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Spags gets fired as Rams coach. Becomes our HC. Norv as our OC. Me as the DC. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN

or even better, Jessie Armstead at DC. yeahhh, I like where this is going
I would love that situation, just not sure id make Armstead the DC. I might give Fewell another try because i think Spags would help him out anyway.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I agree with this, with all the draws we run scott is ideal because he gets up the field quickly. Draws and Jacobs do not mesh well, he has no quickness and the hole is not defined pre-snap because the OL must go with the stunts.

Good, remember that for next year against the eagles. It seemed like there was almost a fight every other play during that game.

I would love that situation, just not sure id make Armstead the DC. I might give Fewell another try because i think Spags would help him out anyway.
I kinda have a sick obsession with Armstead. Like, it's almost as if he was a Rutgers guy. He's my all time favorite Giant
Quote:
Old 11-21-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wondering why Scott didn't get more carries/touches also. It seems as though he is only viewed as a 3rd down/scat back sort of player vs someone who can run inside. He's so explosive and electric though, I'd be finding ways to get him the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I was wondering why Scott didn't get more carries/touches also. It seems as though he is only viewed as a 3rd down/scat back sort of player vs someone who can run inside. He's so explosive and electric though, I'd be finding ways to get him the ball.
he'd be especially useful just as a decoy in the backfield. Teams dont have to stack the box against us to stop the run anymore, with scott they'll need to pay more attention due to his speed to get the edge and homerun ability. I know his two long plays were in preseason, but he shows that he can break tackles. He's not a shifty guy but he makes one or two moves and gets upfield; very efficient.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been out of town, so sorry if any of this has been repeated.

I'm tired of 3 man rushes on 3rd and long. Screw you Fewell

I'm really tired of how bad our ST are. I literally am just hoping not to screw something up anytime they are out there. This has been a multi year problem. Fix it.

I'm really really tired of Coughlin and the 2nd half of seasons. This have become a pattern. Hopefully this is the last year we have to deal with it.

Hire a defensive coach that can actually use our talent. I'd keep Gilbride as OC though, as much as I dislike him sometimes, hes an overall positive and we don't need to be screwing with the system now.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I was thinking the same thing. The first hand off he was VERY fast. I wanted to see more. Get Jacobs out of there. I hated him and always will hate him. The more he opens his mouth and stinks it up, the more validated I feel that I never got into the Jacobs hype or liked him. He was a product of our OL.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else feeling kinda good about this game? I'm really feeling us squeezing a 1-1 record out of these next two and I think the Saints are the team we have a better shot against. I'm feeling a huge bounce back game from Eli and the receivers on offense, maybe the OL even gets in on the fun and does decent against the more mediocre DL of the Saints and spring Scott to a break out game perhaps?

Defensively I think Fewell will call the game more like he did against the Patriots and Michael Vick lead Eagles. I'm just praying Boley is back soon, if he can get back we have the pieces to steal a win and I don't want to bank on us doing that against the Packers.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 11-22-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Anyone else feeling kinda good about this game? I'm really feeling us squeezing a 1-1 record out of these next two and I think the Saints are the team we have a better shot against. I'm feeling a huge bounce back game from Eli and the receivers on offense, maybe the OL even gets in on the fun and does decent against the more mediocre DL of the Saints and spring Scott to a break out game perhaps?

Defensively I think Fewell will call the game more like he did against the Patriots and Michael Vick lead Eagles. I'm just praying Boley is back soon, if he can get back we have the pieces to steal a win and I don't want to bank on us doing that against the Packers.
Nope! I expect a butt kicking of epic proportions!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Nope! I expect a butt kicking of epic proportions!
Sadly I feel this way also. It must be Justin Tuck syndrome.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Sadly I feel this way also. It must be Justin Tuck syndrome.
Ahh JT Syndrome. Nicks has that! He is the Justin Tuck of the offense.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Naa the new JT syndrome is being apathetic and predicting a collapse. I don't know if he was drugged out yesterday or something but he seemed like he needed some a psych to talk to. The tone of the interview was terrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Giants running game is worst in 58 years
MarshallOnMontana : 11/21/2011 12:34 am
After a 1.7 team yard per carry average tonight, the YPC for the season is now 3.16. It is the 3rd lowest season mark in team history, and the worst since 1953. Only 1942 (3.00) and 1953 (2.64) are worse in a history that dates back to 1925

here is a stat. Props to MoM, he is a good poster on BBI.

We really have issues with our OL and running game. Right now we are very pathetic in our running game!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Naa the new JT syndrome is being apathetic and predicting a collapse. I don't know if he was drugged out yesterday or something but he seemed like he needed some a psych to talk to. The tone of the interview was terrible.
Ididn't hear, but read about it. Probably felt dejected! Rolle's interview was totally different. We need that voice to be the voice of them all.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. So I needed a couple of days to cool off bc I really didn't want to even think about football after that pathetic piece of **** performance we saw on Sunday. Now that I cooled down a little bit, here's some quick thoughts:

-This team is gutless. Completely gutless. We have a chance to finish off the Eagles, give ourselves some space against the Cowboys, and they play like they wanted to leave after the 1st quarter. Gutless. You see your qb get hit late, you see Jackson throw the ******* ball at your DC's face (glad he did it, **** Perry Fewell), and you just stand there for 4 quarters and scratch your dick. Gutless.

-I want Fewell gone. I don't buy this ******** that he's making vanilla gameplans until he needs to up the anty. If that's the case, then why when the game was on the line, he played soft zones the entire drive, rushing 3 or 4 each time and letting Young score the TD nice and methodically? That's ********. He just sucks as a coordinator. **** him. I want his dopey looking ass gone. I'm tired of this soft zone crap. He's a horrible coordinator.

-The offensive line is a joke. Beatty just flat out sucks. Diehl is washed up, let's face it guys, he's washed up. He hit the wall this year. I was hoping he had a couple of years left in him but he's done. Baas is average. Shaun O'Hara part 2. McKenzie is done. That's 4 mediocre linemen. That's why your run game sucks. Bc your oline sucks. They suck at run blocking and they suck at pass blocking. They just suck.

-Yay for Prince. I think we got a keeper there.

-Kiwi is a beast. Extend him.

-Tuck is like 20% right now. Just IR him and move on. He's not doing us any favors playing on that field right now.

-It's a sad sad day when Antrelle Rolle is the only guy on the team that shows any emotion after being embarassed.

I can say more, but I'm pretty ******* pissed right now. **** these guys. Gutless *****. Anyway, on that note, happy Thanksgiving everyone.