Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-12-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Except he can't snap. It almost cost us.
Yea that part kind of sucked, though only 1 was so bad that it could have killed us.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diehl looking lost at G might have been because Beatty wasn't doing his job at LT.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Yea that part kind of sucked, though only 1 was so bad that it could have killed us.
Yeah I just knew it was coming though. I was complaining about his snaps last week. They were all high, up at Eli's head.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Nothing for nothing guys, but our run game has picked up dramaticly since Petrus and Diehl got in the lineup.

Makes me wonder how much of our running woes were the result of Beatty.
I mean, for as ****** as Beatty was, it takes a lot more than one guy to run block. I think it's more due to Petrus being inserted into the lineup than anything else. He's a beast run blocker. That and the shuffling of our O-Line a bit.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of nowhere: Just watch, Pierre-Paul bound for stardom

April 21, 2010

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...;pageContainer

Good in hindsight article by Prisco.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's going to be a stud. To be fair though, he missed a # of blocks last night, but I'll chalk that up to growing pains.

Prince on the other hand.....he looks slow. I just don't see us getting any significant contributions from him this year. He looks stiff too.
i think he's injured again, he got it vs. Green Bay.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants ruined my monday! I finally fell asleep at around midnight yesterday, couldn't sleep earlier because I was so anxious for the game. Woke up at 2:30 am just in time for kickoff in Dallas. Spent the following three hours watching the game and nervously biting my fingernails off almost entirely! Game's over at 5:30 am, but i'm too excited to sleep at all!!

Had to get through a monday at work with meetings and stuff on two hours sleep, loads of caffeine and pure joy! Totally worth it!!

Eli Manning is a total stud, and the other offensive skill position players are sexy as hell! O-line is blegh, except for Petrus and Snee.

Our defense sucks worse than ever, except for uberstud JPP, he makes me jizz all night long!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli answers detractors, boosts status with season-saving performance

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...ng-performance

Quote:
"That name is both a blessing and a curse," one Giants defender said. "It means he might never get what he deserves in terms of recognition. And believe me, he's carrying us right now. Carrying us."

Quote:
"Look at our offense," one Giants coach said. "We are down so many guys and he's just making it all work. He's been unreal this season."
Old 12-12-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least they know he is carrying them.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Coaches and players behind the scenes know these things. I been on a staff where the offense was slow, and got good. Meanwhile, the defense stunk like ours. Our HC was a DC too, so he told us score, be very aggressive, because we can't stop anyone.

So coaches know these things. Heck, even our offensive staff knew that it was on us because the defense was a mess. So coaches know what's up? Like any working situation, coaches can disagree with playcalling and talk about it alone behind closed doors.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If only we had a defense that could at least hold the best offenses in the league to around 25 points, I would say we had a real shot at another superbowl. Eli and the offense can seemingly put up 30 on any team this year!

unfortunately we are more likely to allow 55 points than 25 on defense this year. Rebuild defense with new coordinator and some new LBs, get healthy, and get more stability on O-line and we will be VERY dangerous next year at least.

Hate to say it, but we are probably going to be betrayed by our defense this season, either in the reg. season or playoffs.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the problems are so easy to see even for us I don't understand why professional coaches don't make the correct adjustments. Would it really kill Perry to throw a gameplan out there one day that doesn't rely on so much zone. It boggles the mind.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-12-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Steve Smith (former Giant) on IR. So that's the end of that. Looks like the Giants doctors and their evaluation was dead on.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If the problems are so easy to see even for us I don't understand why professional coaches don't make the correct adjustments. Would it really kill Perry to throw a gameplan out there one day that doesn't rely on so much zone. It boggles the mind.
I really don't get it either. My best guess is that it's a philosophical principle of TC/PF, and that they revert back to the things they are most comfortable with when they lack the players to do a lot of different things scheme-wise. and unfortunately, that's tampa-2, a defensive style conflicting strongly with the strong suits of our healthy(and injured) players. It's just sad.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of reason why the zones aren't working is because we aren't getting any interior pressure. outside zones are usually the hardest to throw into because they are the easiest to react to as a defender. Inside zones, especially with average at best linebackers, are hard to defend because less time in the air. With little to no push in the middle, it allows apposing QB's to step up into their throws and blast them to the middle.

Spags did run a lot of zone, but he didn't allow quarterbacks to easily throw where the openings were because of this interior pressure. What is killing us is that Canty and Joseph don't get enough push and pressure on the interior. We aren't using Boley as a blitzer as much, and Williams isn't making the best of his opportunities, because Fewell has been trying to get A gap pressure yesterday.

Next year, Marvin Austin is gunna be the guy to watch.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the main issues with the back seven. That must be our priority next year.

The nfl has become a passing league. We need better coverage.

I think we need to move Kiwanuka back to end and bring in a solid vet who can play OLB such as Dan Conner. That will give us two vet LBs for our passing situations with guys like Williams, Paysinger and co developing behind.

An upgrade at MLB would be nice and there are options in the draft and free agency. But if Goff is healthy he could be a good value option. The big need for our defense is better coverage from our OLBs and secondary.

With the passing offenses that are around, we need more speed at safety. I wouldn't mind seeing Prince move to an Ed Reed style FS role allowing Phillips and Rolle to play closer to the action. A group of Rolle, Phillips, Amukamara, Sash and possibly Jones is quite strong (remember Phillips enters a contract year in 2012).V

If Thomas is healthy, I like him being used in the Grant role (as originally envisioned this year). We do need to add corner depth though, I doubt Ross is back.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I think the main issues with the back seven. That must be our priority next year.

The nfl has become a passing league. We need better coverage.

I think we need to move Kiwanuka back to end and bring in a solid vet who can play OLB such as Dan Conner. That will give us two vet LBs for our passing situations with guys like Williams, Paysinger and co developing behind.

An upgrade at MLB would be nice and there are options in the draft and free agency. But if Goff is healthy he could be a good value option. The big need for our defense is better coverage from our OLBs and secondary.

With the passing offenses that are around, we need more speed at safety. I wouldn't mind seeing Prince move to an Ed Reed style FS role allowing Phillips and Rolle to play closer to the action. A group of Rolle, Phillips, Amukamara, Sash and possibly Jones is quite strong (remember Phillips enters a contract year in 2012).V

If Thomas is healthy, I like him being used in the Grant role (as originally envisioned this year). We do need to add corner depth though, I doubt Ross is back.
I wouldn't be worried about developing Paysinger. He made the team because we had two injuries at the position before the season. Out of the 4 rookie LBers the only ones I would bring back are Herzlich and Williams. After reading the camp press, I am very upset with Jones' play.

Also have you seen Giants.com? They are having a poll about which Giants gave "an extra effort" and the results are 95% JPP, 4% Jacbos, and 1% Eli. Holy ****. I guess our fanbase still isn't giving Eli his due.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well JPP plays like a mad man out there and Eli is the definition of calm so the question is dumb. If it was MVP of the game then it should be 60/40 Jpp/Eli.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-13-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=112&f...t=8423424&p=68

Dallas gameday thread! Good read!

From page 68 to the end. That's when Dez scores, and they think they have the game in hand!

Quote:
damn miles

Romo has to make that throw

F word romo

banghead icon

ball game.............our d isn't going to hold here

WTF! Romo!@bangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbang headbanghead

Damn romo

We r screwed.

It was there. Got to hit that pass. Money QB's make that pass.

Damn, would've put it away - quit smiling Romo/Austin.

if we lose this game.. that pass right there will be the end of us

If romo makes that throw, hes a legend....

Austin could have dived, but then again he was wide oen and if Tony is so elite he should of made that throw. im sick of these little **** ups from our team it has been going on for years

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 12-13-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Washington isn't a trap game. The team is still on an emotional high from Dallas.

They gotta focus on Washington. I'm almost positive the team will play ugly football vs teh Skins on Sunday. I just hope we play well enough to win.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I hope Washington isn't a trap game. The team is still on an emotional high from Dallas.

They gotta focus on Washington. I'm almost positive the team will play ugly football vs teh Skins on Sunday. I just hope we play well enough to win.
Watch the offense go into the slump! We hit the highs of this system not watch the bust part of this system! lol. It will look like they never played football before together.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

I can easily see a 17-14 game this Sunday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-13-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Trent Williams, and Brown didn't play last week, maybe he will be out again.

That'd be nice boost.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just tired of every qb looking like a superstar vs us. Usually, when we go against a bad qb, I like to think we'll beat him up pretty good. But with Fewell, I just expect Tim Lewis like results every week. It's really sad.
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I can easily see a 17-14 game this Sunday.
Too low scoring! I expect the same # of blown coverages. They haven't fixed it yet. So I expect more home runs for both teams. At least we better, if we want to win this game.