Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-18-2011, 04:38 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
If I remember correctly Boley has had problems before with his family, and what was his suspension for a year or two ago?
yeah, for beating his wife or something?

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I didn't read the article but believe it or not TMZ is usually 99% accurate.
Well they're just reporting what the woman is claiming, not the truth of her claims.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cold and windy. Advantage Washington.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This start to the game probably makes you guys feel liek Cowboys fans lol. Worst possible luck that can happen. I doubt this continues though, Eli will pull it together.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 points for the Giants with 11:15 to play? 3?

Their playoffs basically started, and this might bounce them. Down 20
Old 12-18-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team is soft as hell, from top to bottom. We got swept by the Redskins. we are 0-2 against Rex Grossman. I'm done hoping this season can be good. I hope we don't have to see some team whooping our asses in the playoffs, because that means Coughlin and Fewell keeps their jobs. If that happens we have to endure another year with this misery. No way. No ******* way.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team is way too soft. What happened to the physical style of play that the giants and Coughlin's teams are known for?

Sure we have issues in our secondary, but we still have talent there. Webster and four 1st round picks (Phillips, Rolle, Ross and Amukamara), why can't we cover anyone?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love TC, but clean slate! Operation clean slate should be initiated!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Nicks remind anyone else of Shockey? Good size, great strength and athleticism to go up and get the ball, really tough runner with the ball in his hands, just all around physical, but suffers brainfarts that lead to his drops and mis-reads. It's like he's all focused and then *click* he's zoned out for a second before remembering where he is. Still getting over this loss but that's just something that I'm curious whether anyone else thinks makes sense.

As for the game itself, I just want a DC who'll attack teams like Zimmer or Spags, Killdrive's routes hurt us this game but we shouldn't need to win shutouts every week. That's on Fewell and the defensive play calling.

I've even warmed up to the idea of Cowher since he somehow managed to convince LeBeau to spend an eternity as his DC and if he could do the same with Spags or someone like Zimmer I'd be eternally grateful. Sure getting one of those two as our HC would be the dream, but that's too much to ask for.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe_101 View Post
3 points for the Giants with 11:15 to play? 3?

Their playoffs basically started, and this might bounce them. Down 20
Eh, not quite. If they win their last two games they're in. Now their playoffs have started and any loss ends our season.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lose these next two games we will probably pick around 15ish, maybe lower.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FIRE THEM ALL! I am tired of this act. This is coming from someone who really likes COughlin. But it's time for a change!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to see what we do with the last 2 games before I make up my mind. Going to be a good one on Saturday though with two teams fighting for their playoff lives.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I just want to see what we do with the last 2 games before I make up my mind. Going to be a good one on Saturday though with two teams fighting for their playoff lives.
It's going to be a mess... They will blitz us left and right, and I hate to see how our OL does. I have seen enough from this team. Up and Down, UP and Down, UP and Down. This defense seems like it will turn on each other.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
It's going to be a mess... They will blitz us left and right, and I hate to see how our OL does. I have seen enough from this team. Up and Down, UP and Down, UP and Down. This defense seems like it will turn on each other.
Offensively I'm not worried. If they blitz us left and right Eli will find the open men. I could see an ugly game for Cromartie. I'm just worried about making Sanchez look like John Elway.

That was really a freak game offensively. The only problem is, is that when the offense plays like that, we have 0% chance of winning. Nothing to fall back on.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Offensively I'm not worried. If they blitz us left and right Eli will find the open men. I could see an ugly game for Cromartie. I'm just worried about making Sanchez look like John Elway.

That was really a freak game offensively. The only problem is, is that when the offense plays like that, we have 0% chance of winning. Nothing to fall back on.
Exactly. You would think the defense could step up against the likes of Grossman but nope. I think we match pretty well with the Jets though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

We can't rely on that week after week. And I know we love to go deep, but don't we have short passes? Slants? Curls, comebacks? Everything is likle 40 yards downfield!

He will look like Elway with this defense. Keller will find the holes in this stupid scheme and zone.

I want a clean slate and finally put in a QB friendly system. It angers me that Eli gets us close, and then we decide to run the ball. Give him a TD! Meanwhile they pad Brees's stats and gets 5 tds! 55555555555555!!!!!

I hate our system, boom or bust nonsense, and finally it went BUST!

Mario is a pain in the nuts! Can you please run the right route? If not, let's see how he does in a new system where he doesn't have to use his brain!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
We can't rely on that week after week. And I know we love to go deep, but don't we have short passes? Slants? Curls, comebacks? Everything is likle 40 yards downfield!

He will look like Elway with this defense. Keller will find the holes in this stupid scheme and zone.

I want a clean slate and finally put in a QB friendly system. It angers me that Eli gets us close, and then we decide to run the ball. Give him a TD! Meanwhile they pad Brees's stats and gets 5 tds! 55555555555555!!!!!

I hate our system, boom or bust nonsense, and finally it went BUST!

Mario is a pain in the nuts! Can you please run the right route? If not, let's see how he does in a new system where he doesn't have to use his brain!
He probably won't be on the team next year. You'll have to see him in a different system on a new team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-19-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
He probably won't be on the team next year. You'll have to see him in a different system on a new team.
I liked him a lot, but I think I am done with him. Let him walk, insert Barden, get rid of Beckum, and let's find another TE.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring Steve Smith back too.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Bring Steve Smith back too.
Not adverse to that option. However he has an uphill battle. I am more inclined to develop JJ or play barden than Smith.

If it is a clean slate, then this scheme and system is gone. So that absolute adv. he once had understanding this is now gone. If we install a system like everyone else where speed and getting seperation is key, then now he is just "another guy" in this system.

So let's see how it plays out.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Not adverse to that option. However he has an uphill battle. I am more inclined to develop JJ or play barden than Smith.

If it is a clean slate, then this scheme and system is gone. So that absolute adv. he once had understanding this is now gone. If we install a system like everyone else where speed and getting seperation is key, then now he is just "another guy" in this system.

So let's see how it plays out.
Great point. The only reason to bring Smith back is if Gilbride is still OC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-19-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Great point. The only reason to bring Smith back is if Gilbride is still OC.
Yes I said yes, and then I thought.. wait, why bring him back in another system? He was never a burner, not tall, and now if the system changes he won't be the first in line.

Barden has height... Nicks, Cruz, JJ, have size and/or speed. Smith is coming off an injury as well. Not sure if he would be useful in a new system. His niche was with ours system, where he would be where he needed to be, and understand the WR rules, specifically the sight adjustments. That's the selling point. That allowed 3rd down success. However, if the scheme changes, than what's the selling point?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ is gonna be good. I can feel it. He looked more comfortable on the kick returns yesterday. I wanna see him and Eli really develop
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
JJ is gonna be good. I can feel it. He looked more comfortable on the kick returns yesterday. I wanna see him and Eli really develop
I'd like to see him run slants, and see how fast he can be. God, I really want to see how guys can do in a different, Qb friendly scheme..Saints scheme would be great! They go OUT of their way to pad Brees's stats!