Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-19-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I'd like to see him run slants, and see how fast he can be. God, I really want to see how guys can do in a different, Qb friendly scheme..
amen to that. this offense is so much more comfortable in the hurry up and Eli is smart enough and good enough to run it. Let JJ run some slants and quick outs, let's use Barden more. We've got the talent, we've got versatile WR's and a top 5 guy (when he's not dropping everything) in Nicks. And my god, Bradshaw is the best back on this team, get him more touches will you? Like come on.

but the D is just horrid. Really? that many points to that ******* offense? It's pathetic. No one outside of JPP, KP, Webster and Blackburn (shut up, I love him) are playing worth a damn out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every week I like seeing the Saints offense. They go out of their way to make Brees the hero. 412 yards AND 5, yes 5 TDS... Yet no one is over 100 yards? Funny isn't it? Same with the 62 point game against the Colts. They make Brees throw those 1 yard TDs. We get close and it's a running play MOST if not ALL the time.

They pad the ever living stuff out of his stats. It really is amazing. Can we do that? Every time Eli throws it to the 1 or 2, we run. Let's pad his stats in a Qb friendly system!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Every week I like seeing the Saints offense. They go out of their way to make Brees the hero. 412 yards AND 5, yes 5 TDS... Yet no one is over 100 yards? Funny isn't it? Same with the 62 point game against the Colts. They make Brees throw those 1 yard TDs. We get close and it's a running play MOST if not ALL the time.

They pad the ever living stuff out of his stats. It really is amazing. Can we do that? Every time Eli throws it to the 1 or 2, we run. Let's pad his stats in a Qb friendly system!
Who cares. As long as we get in. You need to get over padding stats. Let's worry about getting it down to the 1 or 2 first. We didn't do that yesterday.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Who cares. As long as we get in. You need to get over padding stats. Let's worry about getting it down to the 1 or 2 first. We didn't do that yesterday.
I do! Because then our Qb gets ripped. Make the system reflect our QB. He works so hard to move the offense, and we give the scoring chance to the damn Rbs. EVERYTIME!

Screw that, let Eli get some stats, ESPECIALLY in this system where you know the ints will go to him his fault or not. So help him out. 0 Tds and 3 ints looks bad.

We do get it down to the 1 or two. That's not the issue. It's getting it in, which is a chore. Well, blame Ware.. Useless person to begin with. Where was Bradshaw? Blame the OL for going backwards!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I do! Because then our Qb gets ripped. Make the system reflect our QB. He works so hard to move the offense, and we give the scoring chance to the damn Rbs. EVERYTIME!

Screw that, let Eli get some stats, ESPECIALLY in this system where you know the ints will go to him his fault or not. So help him out. 0 Tds and 3 ints looks bad.

We do get it down to the 1 or two. That's not the issue. It's getting it in, which is a chore. Well, blame Ware.. Useless person to begin with. Where was Bradshaw? Blame the OL for going backwards!
We didn't get into their side of the field until the second half. And we only got it down there once. The game was already over. That's wasn't the problem yesterday. Yes our offense isn't built to score via the passing game inside the 5, but that issue was far from our problem yesterday.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
We didn't get into their side of the field until the second half. And we only got it down there once. The game was already over. That's wasn't the problem yesterday. Yes our offense isn't built to score via the passing game inside the 5, but that issue was far from our problem yesterday.
Our issue is defense, which always has been our problem under TC. Spags was the only bright star. Other than that it's a mess under TC. Offensive isn't well off either. So that's why clean slate, and start this thing from step 1 and get a new regime.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors are Spags is out. COME HOME NOW
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Rumors are Spags is out. COME HOME NOW
Could he re-install his defense for this Saturday? Haha.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Could he re-install his defense for this Saturday? Haha.
I was thinking this a few weeks ago, but I do not think you are allowed to hire a coach during the season. I think you may be able to hire him as a "defensive consultant" but i doubt he can be allowed on the sideline.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think everyone would shudder in the division if Spags come back to NY. Best thing is to give him a HC job and start fresh I think. Spags deserves another shot anyway, Rams really do lack talent across the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I was thinking this a few weeks ago, but I do not think you are allowed to hire a coach during the season. I think you may be able to hire him as a "defensive consultant" but i doubt he can be allowed on the sideline.
I'm not sure about all those rules but I was just kidding anyway. There aren't enough guys who were on that team, who would pick it up quickly enough.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think everyone would shudder in the division if Spags come back to NY. Best thing is to give him a HC job and start fresh I think. Spags deserves another shot anyway, Rams really do lack talent across the board.
Very rarely does a first time head coach who failed so miserably (no matter if it was really his fault or not), get another shot right away. They all have to go back to coordinating a while before they get a chance again.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spags had such a weird run there going from a 1 win team to close to a playoff team with a rookie QB back to garbage this year. I don't think it's all his fault as the talent really is lacking there. Most people believe he wouldn't come back to NY to be DC but I don't see why not. Imagine what he would do with JPP!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be the perfect Christmas present to us Giants fans! If the Rams fire him and he doesn't get another HC gig right away, then I see no place he would rather choose honestly. We have the players, and they obviously like him and will play hard for him. And even if Coughlin stays and we only offer a DC position, Coughlin's old and we could/would and definetly should tell him he's our HC of the future.

DO IT REESE!!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is to stop him from choosing Philly?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is I can't see Coughlin hanging them up if we start winning more consistently.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-19-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need something of an overhaul in the front office.

Ideally I would like to see Reese fired and Coughlin promoted to GM. A reasonable number of our issues relate to the talent on the roster.
Coughlin knows about giants style of football and the physical brand of football we need.

That would let us bring in a quality head coach and still build upon the good things this team has.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post

Ideally I would like to see Reese fired and Coughlin promoted to GM. A reasonable number of our issues relate to the talent on the roster.
Coughlin knows about giants style of football and the physical brand of football we need.

That would let us bring in a quality head coach and still build upon the good things this team has.
What?? We probably have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-19-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ballard is going to miss time with a PCL injury. Beckum on the field more certainly won't help anyone. The Jets are terrible at covering the TE though so maybe he does something productive.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-19-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
he won a superbowl with us, he is more familiar with our personnel, ny probably put a lasting impression on him.

secondly, the eagles are not making the playoffs. Dallas and New York will most likely be playing later than their scheduled 1 oclock game, eagles will be playing at 1 oclock definitely against the redskins.

1. If we win against the Jets, and Dallas wins against the eagles, the eagles don't make the playoffs.

2. If we win against the Jets, and Dallas loses against the eagles, the giants are 8-7 and eagles 7-8 entering the last game with the Cowboys being 8-7 as well.
a. Why would the Cowboys help on Philadelphia by playing? If they lose they likely better their draft position by a few places. There is no benefit to winning.

3. If we lose against the Jets, and Dallas wins against the eagles, the eagles are eliminated

4. If we lose against the Jets, and Dallas loses against the eagles, the Giants will be 7-8, Eagles 7-8, and Dallas 8-7.
a. Why would we help the Eagles by playing? Given our draft position we would probably land a pick 10-15 if we lost. Our intentions would also be to eliminate the team that has the most threat: the eagles. Because we don't want a team in our own division to win the superbowl obviously.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post

Reese is going nowhere, especially after getting us JPP and Nicks. He's one of the best GM's in football.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
he won a superbowl with us, he is more familiar with our personnel, ny probably put a lasting impression on him.

secondly, the eagles are not making the playoffs. Dallas and New York will most likely be playing later than their scheduled 1 oclock game, eagles will be playing at 1 oclock definitely against the redskins.

1. If we win against the Jets, and Dallas wins against the eagles, the eagles don't make the playoffs.

2. If we win against the Jets, and Dallas loses against the eagles, the giants are 8-7 and eagles 7-8 entering the last game with the Cowboys being 8-7 as well.
a. Why would the Cowboys help on Philadelphia by playing? If they lose they likely better their draft position by a few places. There is no benefit to winning.

3. If we lose against the Jets, and Dallas wins against the eagles, the eagles are eliminated

4. If we lose against the Jets, and Dallas loses against the eagles, the Giants will be 7-8, Eagles 7-8, and Dallas 8-7.
a. Why would we help the Eagles by playing? Given our draft position we would probably land a pick 10-15 if we lost. Our intentions would also be to eliminate the team that has the most threat: the eagles. Because we don't want a team in our own division to win the superbowl obviously.

I was not going into a whole playoff thing. I was simply stating what would stop him from going to the Eagles? Its not like we are his only choice of team that he has history with.

If the Eagles offer him more money then we do he is not going to say no. Cause he loves NY. There have already been rumors of it already that they want him back in Philly.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
I was not going into a whole playoff thing. I was simply stating what would stop him from going to the Eagles? Its not like we are his only choice of team that he has history with.

If the Eagles offer him more money then we do he is not going to say no. Cause he loves NY. There have already been rumors of it already that they want him back in Philly.
I know, I just didn't want to double post, i was trying to clarify that with beginning that with "secondly".

I have read the rumors too, I hope they aren't true, and that the Giants would do their best to get him here no matter DC or HC.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He will choose to come to us, because if he goes to Philly i will commit suicide and blame him and Perry Fewell equally in my suicide note!!! He does not want to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Perry Fewell in any regard!!!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

btw, if we lose these next two games we could get the 9th pick of the draft. Carolina and Washington would have to win both their games each, which is possible (carolina has tampa and the saints who are fighting for a first round bye but would lose a tie breaker to SF, and Washington has vikings and philadelphia who would be trying to make the playoffs)

9th overall pick sounds better than playoffs with the defense we have now, I don't mean to be a pessimist but we aren't going anywhere with the defense we have along with our coordinator.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote: