Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-19-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And all of our DEs are versatile except Osi. Tuck can play multiple positions, Kiwi can, hell we even made JPP play all over the place.

Why does Osi get such special treatment? He's been at RE and running around guys his whole career. He needs to understand he's in no position to make demands.

That's why I think the best way to solve this is offer more money over the next 2 years, that will shut him up, and also protect the team in case he's a dud.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, loving the sudden surge of Giants talk, haha. Can't wait for the season!

Although, I'm moving to South Carolina for grad school so I'm probably going to cry myself to sleep every night when I can't get the Giants games.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure the Colts would love to have Osi.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

Although, I'm moving to South Carolina for grad school so I'm probably going to cry myself to sleep every night when I can't get the Giants games.
It's certainly that time of the year with the Mets fading quickly haha. My attention starts turning quickly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Go to a bar.
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm sure the Colts would love to have Osi.
Clayton was reporting today that the Seahawks are interested. I don't think we can afford to lose him though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It is a horrible feeling. Need to get my slingbox fixed in time.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Clayton was reporting today that the Seahawks are interested. I don't think we can afford to lose him though.
Well if they gave a 3rd for Whitehurst, we should be able to get a 2nd for Osi. I'd do it.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well if they gave a 3rd for Whitehurst, we should be able to get a 2nd for Osi. I'd do it.
I don't know. Going into the year with Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, and Tolly is not something I'd feel comfortable with.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ehh he used to stop the rush but it's not what we ask him to do anymore Also who cares if he bullrushes? I'd rather take his quick move with a strip sack everyday of the week. This will be his last year as a Giant for sure I think but he had a great tenure. He complains to much but for the most part he's backed it up on the field.
Honestly, if Kiwi can stay healthy, I think he can be a better DE than Osi. He's light years better vs the run, and I think he's finally developed his body to play DE and rush the passer consistently.

Of course, our luck, he happens to also have injury issues that scares us from extending him.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:

Congrats bro. Education always comes first.

Just get a slingbox for your dad's house or whoever always watches the games. That way you can watch it whereever you are.

If you have a droid phone, theres a slingbox app that you can get so you can even watch games on your phone.

Slingbox is a life saver.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still am concerned about Kiwi's pass rushing ability. I just feel like we didn't get to see enough of him last to year to know for certain how he'd hold up over the course of a year.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Kiwi is hurt more than Osi. For a team needing health it's not a good idea to go in there relying on a player coming a major injury.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

My issue with Kiwi's pass rush ability has always been his lack of strength. He had the length, he had the speed, but his inability to bull rush or use his strength to fight off the hands of a LT prevented him from being an effective pass rusher.

But he's gained significant strength and corrected that problem. Go back and watch his PS game vs the Steelers. He comes in on a bullrush and absolutely drills the Tackle into Ben.

Watch his sacks during the season. He can get into guys now. And he's gotten even bigger this year.

I think Kiwi is going to be a beast if he can stay healthy. That neck scares the crap out of me though. But if he can stay healthy, I'm telling you, I expect big things from him.

He's hungry too.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I still want to keep Osi though. I just think we take a big hit this year if we lose him bc JPP isn't ready, and Kiwi is a question mark.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Free agent S Quintin Mikell believes new Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo will move from an aggressive blitz-heavy scheme to more of a Cover-2.

How do you feel about that BBD
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
How do you feel about that BBD
I just read that and was about to post it haha. I love it. Can't wait.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Realistically, expect them to run the same defense Tennessee ran. More of a man Cover 2 defense with occasional blitzes from DBs, rarely did Tennesee blitz their LBs, they almost always occupy a zone in the middle of the field to take away the intermediate middle.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I literally just read that also and was coming to post it here. Eli and our WR corps can rip a Cover 2. Then again the problem last year for us wasn't really an offensive thing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think we did have offensive issues. Our WRs rarely recognized the hot and adjusted accordingly and we had a ton of miscommunication on routes that led to turnovers.

That's a Gilbride problem though. Unfortunately that won't go away. But with less blitzes and more basic coverages, I'm hoping our WR core won't screw up as much in their route adjustments.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well we have offensive issues but our problem against the Eagles this year was not the offense. We had 4th quarter leads in both games and put up 31 in the second game. I think we've gone over the Gilbride offense enough here and now it just nauseates me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think it's an overall team problem vs them. Offense, defense, special teams.

How many times has DeSean Jackson returned a punt vs us? When was the last time we had a kick off or punt return on them?

How many times did we just need 1 or 2 first downs at a critical time in the 4th quarter to put them out and not convert?

How many times did we give up scores to them to bring them back in the game?

It's an entire team issue vs them. I don't think it's just 1 unit. We just have to get out of this funk and beat them once for confidence bc right now I think the team just lacks the killer instinct they need to put the Eagles away.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
On paper it makes sense. But one thing that's overlooked is anytime you take the MIKE off the field, you take away the guy who lines everyone up and makes adjustments and audibles prior to the snap.

Sure, Boley does that in the nickel, but he's not exactly Antonio Pierce.

That's why I think having a 3 down MIKE is what we truly need. Bradley can cover too now, he's no chop liver. He's no Manny Lawson in coverage, but he can cover.

But realistically we're just going to go with what we have in house.
I do think that between Boley and one of our safeties we could fill that issue. I think KP's got the intelligence to do a great job if asked, Rolle could do it and Boley isn't ******** so should improve the more he's asked.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I live in Chicago, the only time I got to watch giants games on tv was when they were on prime time or the two years I spent in Buffalo. It sucks quality wise but you get used to watching games online pretty quick.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I live in Chicago, the only time I got to watch giants games on tv was when they were on prime time or the two years I spent in Buffalo. It sucks quality wise but you get used to watching games online pretty quick.
Haha, I'm used to watching games online. I watched the vast majority of Knicks games online as for whatever reason they're blacked out where I live in Connecticut. As long as I can watch them somewhere I'll be happy.

I will be looking into a sling box though. It seems like it doesn't work as well if you don't have a wired internet connection plugged directly into the box, but I'm hoping to find a loop hole for it.