Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-17-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Stop insulting my Stevey.
: P

That's what we need. Catch a pass and drop into the fetal position! What makes us cash money is that all 3 guys can take to the hizzy at any given time. Smith isn't going to break tackles and take it 86 yards. We can sign him as depth, but if MM leaves I want someone explosive to replace him. We can't slack off just because one guy leaves.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I guess. I'd rather take TE, RB, 2 OL, or even 2 LB before we even touched DT. Obviously we will go BPA, but those are all greater need in my opinion.
I can agree with that. But it depends on the board as always. If the best available DT is significantly better than the best available player in all those above positions, I say we take him. It all depends on the board like always.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at the Saints. Could you imagine if Eli, Snee, Nicks and Cruz were all FA after this year?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of which Nicks would be a great sign to play LG for us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have a logjam inside, we need OTs. Im ok with Diehl playing LT again next year. He's good ol reliable. He's not great, but he doesn't suck either. That's good enough with Eli at qb.

Petrus should start next year at LG. I want Konz at C but I know that's wishful thinking bc we had the horrible mistake of signing Baas, so we're stuck with him unfortunately, Snee has a couple of years left in the tank at RG even though he's not nearly as good as he used to be. We need a RT. I wouldn't bet on Brewer, we need another guy to compete for that spot. I don't like Beatty at RT bc he's soft. He's just a bust, let's face it.

In a perfect world, we draft Konz, cut Baas, start Petrus at LG, move Diehl to RT and find a great LT from somewhere, but that's not happening. We have to mix and match and see what we can piece together.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Baas has been pretty good since the Jets game. I'd like to give him a full offseason with his teammates as well. C is a very difficult position to play with no training camps and learning a whole new system. Throw some of the injuries and he's been behind the 8 ball all year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Big win Fellas, this is straight up gravy right now

The next game is going to be a 1980's style slugg it out type game that I will love. Its sort of sad that Samurai Mike built that D and he didn't get a chance to taste success. He also was instrumental in getting Vernon Davis to step up his game. His handling of the QB position did him in.

I really like the idea of bringing in Curtis Lofton, however I'm not sure that the Falcons allow him to walk. How are we on Burfict? His draft stock has been taking a pounding. It seems like he will be around by the time we pick. Do any of you think Geno Hayes would workout for us. He is a Tampa 2 guy that can run.

As for the dynamic HB, it appears that you want Lamar Miller.

I would be happy with a RT/LT tweener. A guy who can slot in at Lt for Kareem, and could also challenge Beatty at LT. Deihl then moves back to beasting at G.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think Baas has been pretty good since the Jets game. I'd like to give him a full offseason with his teammates as well. C is a very difficult position to play with no training camps and learning a whole new system. Throw some of the injuries and he's been behind the 8 ball all year.
This is where I'm at with Baas aswell. Especially if we're bringing one kid into the mix in Petrus already. Let him play between Diehl and Baas for a year and I think our inside will be just fine. I do agree that getting another young OT with top end upside to polish would be huge whether to replace McKenzie immediately or to groom behind Diehl for a bit, but another youngin needs to be brought in. I still have hope that Beatty can put it together this next year but that's all it is, hope, I have no expectations for him although I do think he could still prove me wrong, but either way we need a guy to develop and if Beatty turns it on then we have one of them good problems.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With how the defense is playing, do you think Fewell is a chance to get a head coaching gig?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
This is where I'm at with Baas aswell. Especially if we're bringing one kid into the mix in Petrus already. Let him play between Diehl and Baas for a year and I think our inside will be just fine. I do agree that getting another young OT with top end upside to polish would be huge whether to replace McKenzie immediately or to groom behind Diehl for a bit, but another youngin needs to be brought in. I still have hope that Beatty can put it together this next year but that's all it is, hope, I have no expectations for him although I do think he could still prove me wrong, but either way we need a guy to develop and if Beatty turns it on then we have one of them good problems.
I think an OT will be our top priority unless we extend McKenzie.

Other than that we need an MLB, S (replace grant) and TE
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Does anyone think Beatty would be better off at RT?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
With how the defense is playing, do you think Fewell is a chance to get a head coaching gig?
I don't think its likely, but its a possibility.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does anyone think Beatty would be better off at RT?
he played well there, but he's just not strong enough in his upper body in order to get a great push in the run game. Boothe isn't that big up top either, but hes been outplaying everyone on our line this year.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Beatty sucks. He's too thin for RT, he can't run block for ****. He's better at RT than LT, but he's really just a serviceable backup.

Let's keep him as a backup swing tackle and move on.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Beatty sucks. He's too thin for RT, he can't run block for ****. He's better at RT than LT, but he's really just a serviceable backup.

Let's keep him as a backup swing tackle and move on.
This is the direction I'm moving in as well. The line noticeably improved when Beatty got hurt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-18-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
This is the direction I'm moving in as well. The line noticeably improved when Beatty got hurt.
I think the take home message in this year's Beatty experiment is that Diehl isn't really that bad of a LT. We can manage with Diehl. We don't have to have to upgrade the position. We all probably took him for granted all these years.

In fact, I'd say Diehl is better at LT than LG now. He's probably so used to it that he's just better at it.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I've always said Diehl has been one of the most underrated Giants of the Coughlin/Manning era. He's never missed a game, plays his ass off, and at worst has been an average OL. He'll be missed when gone. I'm fine with Diehl sticking at LT until then. Maybe next year we see Diehl/Petrus/Baas/Snee/Beatty(Brewer).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-18-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me (now don't take this the wrong way, me being a Dallas fan) or does the Giants' away jersey on its own look like it could be a 49ers away jersey

obviously not including the logos at the top of the chest
Old 01-18-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've thought about this too in recent times. If it wasn't for the helmet and pants it would look VERY similar.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah I'm not a fan of our away jerseys. We're big blue, and there's no blue on it. Makes no sense.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated them at first but they have grown on me A LOT. I think it's because of all the winning we do in it.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I love the road jerseys. Always have since they first came out. It's not like they came out of no where, it's a nod to our teams of the past.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how about

Old 01-18-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

not able to find any YA Tittle old photos in a 49ers white jersey
Old 01-18-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um...so apparently Eli left practice early today with a stomach bug :(

I say we send a care package from SWDC full of soup n pepto with a card saying "Get Well Soon, And Bring Us A Ring!" who's with me?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote