Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-01-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
that's probably because this has been the most ridiculous week in rutgers football history
Yeah I'm sure that has helped take my mind off the game. It's weird though becuase even now I'd usually be super hyped about this but I'm just not right now. There's a disconnect somewhere.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just happy the Knicks are playing the Bulls tomorrow. I know we suck and all, but I live in chicago, my best friend loves her bulls and we're planning on going to the two match ups here in march and april. I've been so worried about the knicks just making a game of it, that I haven't been able to freak about the superbowl yet because I'm still just glad to be here. The stars aligned for the giants and if that's not enough to beat Bellicheck again then at least we got a fantastic run out of a 9-7 team that could be much better next year.

Plus it doesn't hurt that Germany will win the European Cup so I'm guaranteed some hardware from one of my teams.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks aren't on my mind right now. Not until after the Super Bowl.

I wonder if we use Kiwi to jam and reroute Gronk at the line. With his size and long arms, he should be successful with that. And with his strength, his jam on the line should put some stress on that ankle.

Maybe jam him on the line with Kiwi and and have a safety pick him up in man coverage behind him?

The problem with having Kiwi out there is we can't go Jacquan in a big nickel package. And we still need a guy who can cover Hernandez.

We probably go single high safety with a safety on Hernandez, and the Kiwi jam+ safety on Gronk the whole game.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll def. use JPP to know the TE's off the line. It would help even more wiyth Gronk because it's going to take him a while to get going because of the injury.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They used JPP to chip JMike in the playoffs. It worked very well, but also hurt our pass rush.

I think with the Pats being a 3 step drop quick throw team, we should sacrifice some pass rush to redirect these guys. Have JPP chip one guy, have Kiwi jam and redirect the other. Get on the line and press their WRs.

Safeties should creep up and play more robber zones and crowd the middle of the field to get rid of those crossing routes.

That's been the blueprint on beating them. The Jets used it last year in the playoffs, and the Ravens used it in the AFCCG with great success.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Problem is, Gronk and Hernandez start in a two-point stance a lot and not with their hand in the dirt. JPP can't jam them then...

The more I think about it, the more I suspect the Pats are going to try to establish the run early and often...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Problem is, Gronk and Hernandez start in a two-point stance a lot and not with their hand in the dirt. JPP can't jam them then...

The more I think about it, the more I suspect the Pats are going to try to establish the run early and often...
If they do that, they leave Light 1 on 1 with JPP with no chip. Good luck with that.

Or if they chip him with the RB, then that leaves Tuck 1 on 1 with Solder or Volmer with no chip. Again, good luck with that.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

And in passing situations Osi is going to eat Light up like usual. Their RB's don't scare me so it's going to be up that O-Line to puss our D-Line off the ball. Linval is going to be a huge factor in this game if he could hold the LOS and occupy 2 blockers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, off of what we did last time (I know its not really the same with Gronk injured, emergence of Hernandez, and emergence of JWill) Antrell played 1 on 1 with Welker, KP was deep safety, Gronk was 1on1 with Grant a lot or Boley, and Hernandez got the other one (of grant or boley).

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Knicks aren't on my mind right now. Not until after the Super Bowl.

I wonder if we use Kiwi to jam and reroute Gronk at the line. With his size and long arms, he should be successful with that. And with his strength, his jam on the line should put some stress on that ankle.

Maybe jam him on the line with Kiwi and and have a safety pick him up in man coverage behind him?

The problem with having Kiwi out there is we can't go Jacquan in a big nickel package. And we still need a guy who can cover Hernandez.

We probably go single high safety with a safety on Hernandez, and the Kiwi jam+ safety on Gronk the whole game.
Yeah, my best friend is a huge bulls fan and doesn't follow any other sports. I've explained some football to her, but the european cup and soccer is really the only sport I think might actually click, so I've been following the basketball season far too closely.

I really think we'll try to get pressure out of the big nickel and attack Brady the way we did in the first game. Gronk is still a beast depending on how hurt he is, but I think that if we can take Hernandez and Welker out of the game and attack Brady we've got a great chance to win this game. If Gronk's tearing us up we'll have to start chipping him at the line with kiwi or one of the DEs, but I think you've gotta go into the game with the mindset that he's gotta force you to ease up on the rush and hit him at the line.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 02-02-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm starting to get a little nervous that someone opposite of the big 3 is going to eat us up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can say that about our team against them. What if Beckum produces and scores? Or like a bear P. or someone like that?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beckum has been more productive in the post season then the whole regular season it seems like.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

beckum's done well against green bay. both times. I'm convinced it's because he went to wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you imagine if Ballard and Beckum actually have huge games? Especially Beckum? LOL. People talking about Ocho Cinco, but if Beckum does well he is the X factor for us. If we somehow get our running game going, that would just be the icing on the cake.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I mean we're going to put up points no matter what but so can they. I'm just worried that we focus in on those 3 so much that we leave someone else free to much. I know we can do the same.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They showed some film on ESPN, and the package with Osi & Kiwi at the ends, JPP & Tuck on the inside, and the two tackles stunting, really gave Brady some trouble right away. I loved that front from you guys. It's exotic, and seemed like more of what I saw when Spags was there. I hope you guys mix it up the same way, I really don't think their line can hold up if you guys mix up what you are doing up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We used do very similar things with Spags when he was here. He called that our 4 Aces line but Fewell calls it the Nascar package.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That was Spags signature stunt. It was almost unblockable in 07 when we had Strahan and Osi bullrush the OTs pushing them inside, and stunting Alford and Tuck on speed rushes to the outside, beating the slower Guards to the edge.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Enjoy the game everyone. I don't think I'm going to be able to get back on here until after the game. I hope I come back to a celebration.

Let's go G-Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-03-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Go Giants!
Old 02-03-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Go Giants!

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-03-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm starting to get a little nervous that someone opposite of the big 3 is going to eat us up.
It's always the no names that step up in the Superbowl(Tyree, Alford, ect) So that would not surprise me.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW3haEQfZzM

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-04-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

From what the Patriots are doing transaction-wise I think that they are going to be more run-oriented and playing the clock and field position rather than just putting up points.

They added Lousaka Polite (FB) a week ago, who hasn't played a down all season after being cut by the Dolphins in September. Cut Underwood, who actually wasn't bad but it must be because they anticipate using Ochocinco and more 2 WR sets. They also put Alex Silvestro on the active roster as a DL/LB probably just for special team purposes.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote: