Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-23-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You still need to fill out a practice squad. Even if they don't get reps at all during training camp this year, those practice squad guys get reps during the week inseason. And then we'd have first refusal at them next season.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
You still need to fill out a practice squad. Even if they don't get reps at all during training camp this year, those practice squad guys get reps during the week inseason. And then we'd have first refusal at them next season.
Yes, but still doesn't make sense to just bring anyone in. You need a PS, however during the season those guys are playing scout team, and thus running other team's offenses or defenses, not yours. My point is bringing in anyone makes no sense. Coaches will have a hard enough time developing and coaching up core players.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Dawkins is a cap casualty of the Broncos, I'd LOVE for us to bring him in as our 3rd safety.

He'll bring in the type of leadership we need. And he's basically a linebacker nowadays anyway, so he'd fit the 3rd safety role.

I doubt he'd ever sign with us, bc he's too loyal to Philly to ever do that, but it would be worth a shot to see if he'd come aboard. He wouldn't be expensive either.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks. He's a scumbag and I don't want him near our players.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Dawkins?

Why is he a scum bag?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Brian Dawkins?

Why is he a scum bag?
By far one of the dirtiest players in the NFL. I'll never forgive him for that late late late hit on Hilliard.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-25-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
By far one of the dirtiest players in the NFL. I'll never forgive him for that late late late hit on Hilliard.
To be honest, we need more physicality on defense, I feel we're too finesse on defense, we need a mean streak. In 07 and 08, our defense was much more physical. Our team in general, even our offense has gotten more finesse, the oline in particular.

And if you want to be a physical team, you need some dirty guys. I'm not saying we need to be the Titans, but you need a couple of grimey guys to set the tone.

We need better tackling in general, and nastier linebackers. I think that's the main issue with our defense in terms of toughness.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't know I just think we need to stay healthy and the rest will take care of itself. The leadership/toughness thing has been way overblown I feel like.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-25-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Our defense folds when things start going bad. While I agree that leadership is generally overrated, we do lack that guy that will get us to refocus when the damn looks like it's about to break.

Strahan and Pierce used to be that guy. Instead, now our quiet leaders just sit and watch the damn break.

When things are going great, our defense is great. But we need that guy to get everyone's spirits up and refocused when they start playing like crap.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The defense collapsed under Strahan multiple times also. Let's not forget the Minny and SF games in the playoffs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-25-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's true.

Can we sign Spagnuolo in FA? :(

God I miss him.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
That's true.

Can we sign Spagnuolo in FA? :(

God I miss him.
Bingo. That's the problem right now we just don't have anyone as good as Spags. I miss him also. I wonder if Coughlin retires if he would leave the Rams to come back. I highly doubt that though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-25-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Bingo. That's the problem right now we just don't have anyone as good as Spags. I miss him also. I wonder if Coughlin retires if he would leave the Rams to come back. I highly doubt that though.
Doubt it. He's got a good thing going on in St. Louis. He's got a franchise qb, a great oline, he's got a promising young duo of DEs in Long and Quinn, a promising young MIKE in Laurinitis, he's going to do good things over there in time.

We just need to find another guy like him. They are just so hard to find though. Especially for a 4-3 defense. Most blitzing coordinators run a 34 now.

I want our next head coach to be a defensive guy so we have some continuity on defense. Hand Eli the keys on offense, bring consistency on defense, and we'll be better for it as long as he's a good coach.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

For the immediate future, we just have to hope Fewell can hold us down.

The thing that scares me is, Fewell got figured out halfway through the season. And after he got figured out, his adjustments were mediocre. He reverted back to more Tampa 2 and Cover 3, and he got torched for it.

His blitzes were unique at first, but got figured out and he didn't cook up anything new. So I was disappointed in his zone blitz schemes for the fact that he wasn't able to come up with any new wrinkles to trick offenses after his zone blitzes were figured out.

And bc he couldn't cook up new blitzes, he went back to his Tampa stuff in the 2nd half of the season and the results showed.

Hopefully with a year under the system, the players will work better in the scheme and Fewell will do more with his players since he knows them better now.

That's all we can hope for. And hopefully he trusts our secondary more and blitzes more.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I agree with everything in those 2 posts. Eli should pretty much run the offense at this point like Peyton does. I don't think Coughlin has any plans to retire soon so I don't even know where to start looking for a defensive minded HC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-25-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This talk about slightly dirty players with leadership has got me thinkin about Burfict, and how perfect he'd be for us

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Atlanta beat writer thinks we are going to make a move for Stephen Nicholas

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...a_falcons_blog

Any Thoughts?
Old 07-25-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, with guys like Poz, Tulloch, Lawson, Ruud also in FA, and a potentially huge LB class next year I don't like the signing. He really isn't anything special, 5 career sacks(0 last season), never had over 80 tackles in a season(granted he has never started all 16 games), issues in coverage. If it is a 1 year deal to battle with Sintim then walk I don't mind it, but anything over a year and I will be pissed.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want our next head coach to be a defensive guy so we have some continuity on defense. Hand Eli the keys on offense, bring consistency on defense, and we'll be better for it as long as he's a good coach.
I could easily see Coughlin moving to a front office job, with Perry Fewell taking over as H/C and perhaps Peter Giunta stepping up as D/C
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Ugh, with guys like Poz, Tulloch, Lawson, Ruud also in FA, and a potentially huge LB class next year I don't like the signing. He really isn't anything special, 5 career sacks(0 last season), never had over 80 tackles in a season(granted he has never started all 16 games), issues in coverage. If it is a 1 year deal to battle with Sintim then walk I don't mind it, but anything over a year and I will be pissed.
what about Nichols as a cheaper guy to man one olb spot plus a guy like Tulloch or Poz inside?

personally I would like to see Reese look into trading for Seattle LB David Hawthorne
Old 07-25-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here is an interesting trade idea, let me know what you think.

LB David Hawthorne (Seahawks) for CB Aaron Ross

The Seahawks have plenty of LB depth with Curry, Hill and Tatupu and they need CB help.

Both players are in the last year of their deals and are unlikely to be back.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 07-25-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great News Guys! Kirkpatrick, O'Dowd, Herzy, and Lefeged have all been signed and the only UDFA we signed is Jarriel King , OT, South Carolina.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Great News Guys! Kirkpatrick, O'Dowd, Herzy, and Lefeged have all been signed and the only UDFA we signed is Jarriel King , OT, South Carolina.
i just wanted O'Dowd, where did herzlich go?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-25-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

I fully expect Henry Hynoski to take bushpenis's roster spot

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 05:40 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Herzy went to the Ravens which is a great fit. Kirkpatrick and Lefeged to the colts. And I forget were O'Dowd went.