Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-06-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I really want Lofton in FA. It would open up the draft for us in so many ways. I feel that Lofton is better than every MIKE prospect in this draft anyway outside of Keuchly. Heck, even Luke is probably going to wind up being no better than Lofton with his ceiling anyway.
Yeah Lofton would be great, but do you see the Falcons letting him go? Do you think we have space to bring him in? Reese has some choices to make. Luck for him he has the cover of another Super Bowl ring.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHAH!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post

HAHAH!
That's funny. Even though you guys beat us often I respect/don't hate the Giants. The Eagles on the other hand I have no respect for, like the jets.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
That's funny. Even though you guys beat us often I respect/don't hate the Giants. The Eagles on the other hand I have no respect for, like the jets.
Good game. I respect the Pats as well. I probably would have rooted for the Pats if the Giants didn't play them bc of the Bellichick tree and it's ties to the Giants organization. The Pats are a classy franchise too, which I respect.

We can all laugh at Philly. Philly is always good for a chuckle.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.charged.fm/blog/post/1463...ccorsi-in-2002

Eli Manning 2002 scouting report by EA.

Quote:
Manning during his junior season at Ole Miss. Eli played Auburn that day in 2002. It reads:

Wears left knee brace… During pregame warmup, didn't look like he had a rocket arm… As game progressed, I saw excellent arm strength under pressure and the ability to get velocity on the ball on most throws. Good deep ball range. Good touch. Good vision and poise.

Sees the field… In shotgun on most plays and his only running option is a draw… his offensive line is poor. Red-shirt freshman left tackle. Eli doesn't trust his protection. Can't. No way he can take any form of a deep drop and look downfield. With no running game (10 yards rushing the first half) and no real top receivers, he's stuck with the three-step drops and waiting til the last second to see if a receiver can get free. No tight end either. No flaring back. So he's taking some big hits. Taking them well. Carried an overmatched team entirely on his shoulders. I imagine, except for Vanderbilt, his team is overmatched in every SEC game… He's big, never gets rattled. Rallied his team from a 14-3 halftime deficit basically all by himself. Led them on two successive third quarter drives to go ahead, 17-16. The first touchdown, a 40-yard streak down the left sideline, he dropped the ball over the receiver's right shoulder. Called the next touchdown pass himself, checking off to a 12-yard slant… Makes a lot of decisions on play calls at the line of scrimmage, but they ask too much of him. They don't just let him play. This is a guy you should just let play… When he's inaccurate, he's usually high, but rarely off target to either side… Plays smart and with complete confidence. Doesn't scold his teammates, but lets them know when they line up wrong or run the wrong pattern… Threw three interceptions. Two were his fault. Trying to force something both times. He could have run on one of them, a fourth down play. He has a lot to learn.

Summary: I think he's the complete package. He's not going to be a fast runner, but a little like Joe Montana, he has enough athletic ability to get out of trouble. Remember how Archie ran? In that department, Eli doesn't have the best genes, although I never timed mom Olivia in the 40. But he has a feel for the pocket. Feels the rush.

Throws the ball, takes the hit, gets right back up… Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic. As [former Baltimore Colts defensive back] Bobby Boyd told me once about Unitas, “Two things set him apart: his left testicle and his right testicle.”... Peyton had much better talent around him at Tennessee. But I honestly give this guy a chance to be better than his brother. Eli doesn't get much help from the coaching staff. If he comes out early, we should move up to take him. These guys are rare, you know.

Ernie Accorsi

It's funny, I never was a fan of EA. But because he went ALL IN with Eli, and Eli, right now is a stock. We invested in this stock, that EA found, and we are getting the benefits. So my view of EA has really gone up! I never liked him, but more and more, his All IN move is amazing!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from the game. I paid soooo much money for tickets but I was twenty rows off the field. We ******* did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Just got back from the game. I paid soooo much money for tickets but I was twenty rows off the field. We ******* did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woah dude, those tickets must have cost a fortune!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm looking at the FA WR class, and it's pretty deep. I think we should be able to afford Mario. If not, we have options.

Lloyd knows how to play in the Run n Shoot, he did it under McDaniels. Stevie Johnson is another Run n Shoot vet in Buffalo, Laurent Robinson isn't experienced in the Run N Shoot but I like his physical attributes.

We have options.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm looking at the FA WR class, and it's pretty deep. I think we should be able to afford Mario. If not, we have options.

Lloyd knows how to play in the Run n Shoot, he did it under McDaniels. Stevie Johnson is another Run n Shoot vet in Buffalo, Laurent Robinson isn't experienced in the Run N Shoot but I like his physical attributes.

We have options.
Steve Smith too. Plax has also made comments that sounds like he still wants to come back although I don't want him.

Also Weatherford said on the radio this morning, that they've already begun working on the details of a new contract and he will be back.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Steve Smith too. Plax has also made comments that sounds like he still wants to come back although I don't want him.

Also Weatherford said on the radio this morning, that they've already begun working on the details of a new contract and he will be back.
Weatherford is a must re-sign. I'd prefer a deep threat type of WR bc we learned this year how much more potent our offense is when we have 3 WRs who can go deep.

But I love Stevey so I'd welcome him back with open arms. I wouldn't mind Plax but I probably don't want him.

I think Barden needs to go. Enough with that guy. I'm done with Barden. He can't even play special teams, what's the point of carrying a 4th WR who doesn't play special teams who doesn't ever get any playing time who is constantly injured? He needs to go.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Lloyd a lot, but I think we have less of a chance of getting him than resigning Mario and with the chemistry that Eli and Mario have developed especially near the endzone I will take him over Lloyd.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Cruz has turned into a superstar! They had salsa dancers on stage before the team came out, teaching the crowd. As soon as he walks up, the crowd goes wild, and he and Strahan both doing the dance.

He really has brought that latin pride back and turned into a star. It really is amazing to see.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Why not add to our happiness? :)

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need TEs. Can't assume Ballard or Beckum will be back at all next year.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Sooo beautiful!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post

Sooo beautiful!
I think that's gonna be my new sig. Not that it matters since I've turned sigs and avis off bc all the horndogs on here make this forum nsfw unless I turn that off, but still.

That's gonna be the new sig.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man what an insane last 6 days. Can't wait to get into the nitty gritty of the offseason especially with all the FA's we have. Reese and Co. have some major decisions ahead again like usual.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weatherford and TT are the only two guys that I'd be legitimately pissed if we couldn't retain. If Ross or Manningham are ready to come back for the pricetag a third receiver and nickelback should draw, but since both could start on many other teams I don't expect them to be back.

McKenzie's a thousand years old so he's another guy I don't mind seeing go. Tollefson I'd bring back for the minimum for depth, same for Bernard, Grant, Chase, Goff, Devin Thomas, Carr and Tryon. If any of them want more than a minimal contract let them go, but I don't think there'll be much money spent on these depth and special teams guys.

I'm liking the idea of bringing in Laurent Robinson, Bennett and Lofton. As there doesn't seem to be any good OTs available in FA, Robinson could give us that explosive third receiver like Stallworth was supposed to be for Moss and Welker, and then when he gets hurt we have our bevy of young receivers we've been developing. Bennett just might learn something under Pope, and if not will at least be a good blocker that Eli occasionally makes serviceable.

Lofton is the big target this offseason, he's the only young guy out there that could come in and eliminate a big need, like Boley, Rolle and Canty before him I think he would be a great addition to our defense that gave it a smart starter in the middle that can stay on the field on passing downs. Signing lofton would be huge since it'd free us up to go BPA in the draft if a worthy OT isn't available in the first round.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

With TE suddenly becoming a major need, I wonder if we push back our issues at oline in the draft.

Do we give Beatty another year to prove himself? (I hope not, but you never know).

Do we give Brewer a shot at RT?

Do we keep Diehl at LT? Do we move him to RT and go after a LT in the draft?

Are we stuck with Baas? (ugh)

Our oline and how we address it will be the major factor in how we approach this offseason. Do they feel comfortable with our unit and just hope chemistry fixes our problems next year? Or do we look for upgrades?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Weatherford and TT are the only two guys that I'd be legitimately pissed if we couldn't retain. If Ross or Manningham are ready to come back for the pricetag a third receiver and nickelback should draw, but since both could start on many other teams I don't expect them to be back.

McKenzie's a thousand years old so he's another guy I don't mind seeing go. Tollefson I'd bring back for the minimum for depth, same for Bernard, Grant, Chase, Goff, Devin Thomas, Carr and Tryon. If any of them want more than a minimal contract let them go, but I don't think there'll be much money spent on these depth and special teams guys.

I'm liking the idea of bringing in Laurent Robinson, Bennett and Lofton. As there doesn't seem to be any good OTs available in FA, Robinson could give us that explosive third receiver like Stallworth was supposed to be for Moss and Welker, and then when he gets hurt we have our bevy of young receivers we've been developing. Bennett just might learn something under Pope, and if not will at least be a good blocker that Eli occasionally makes serviceable.

Lofton is the big target this offseason, he's the only young guy out there that could come in and eliminate a big need, like Boley, Rolle and Canty before him I think he would be a great addition to our defense that gave it a smart starter in the middle that can stay on the field on passing downs. Signing lofton would be huge since it'd free us up to go BPA in the draft if a worthy OT isn't available in the first round.
Bennett is garbage and will never amount to anything in this league. I don't want that attitude in our lockerroom. Let him underachieve and rot away somewhere else.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No Martellus please. I wouldn't mind bringing Schiancoe back

Also, Diehl played almost all year with a broken hand so we might see some improvement from him next year. I'd be fine sticking with the same group for one more year if we can get McKenzie back for a year or two for depth purposes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
With TE suddenly becoming a major need, I wonder if we push back our issues at oline in the draft.

Do we give Beatty another year to prove himself? (I hope not, but you never know).

Do we give Brewer a shot at RT?

Do we keep Diehl at LT? Do we move him to RT and go after a LT in the draft?

Are we stuck with Baas? (ugh)

Our oline and how we address it will be the major factor in how we approach this offseason. Do they feel comfortable with our unit and just hope chemistry fixes our problems next year? Or do we look for upgrades?
We are stuck with Baas. His contract was fairly significant. If we can get a center, I wonder if he would be better a guard.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Baas was hurt a lot of the year also and had to learn a new system with hardly any offseason. I think one more year at C and he'll new more than fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-08-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Baas sucks. It's not even a chemistry thing. The guy routinely got destroyed in the run game, can't seal a block, average in pass protection. He's just a mediocre player that's half decent in pass pro and awful in the run game.

That was a bad signing. We're stuck with a mediocre player.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Baas sucks. It's not even a chemistry thing. The guy routinely got destroyed in the run game, can't seal a block, average in pass protection. He's just a mediocre player that's half decent in pass pro and awful in the run game.

That was a bad signing. We're stuck with a mediocre player.
I agree. He's slow off the snap. Never gets a push. I wonder if playing guard would help him though. He can get off the snap faster.