Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sold on Sanu yet. I'd like to see what he runs. He seems slow to me.

Also Mayock was ripping your ASU boy, BBD.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRef4fg8c1k

Eli Manning 2004 draft day

He truly does elevate the players around him.
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm not sold on Sanu yet. I'd like to see what he runs. He seems slow to me.

Also Mayock was ripping your ASU boy, BBD.
He'll run faster than everyone thinks. He's a great athlete. I saw him run down Tim Brown his FR year when Brown was going full speed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried about Sanu's speed. He'll be fine.

And yeah, Mayock shitted on Taze. I need to see some games from the guy. I saw 1 game, and a highlight reel. Hardly enough to make a proper judgement on the guy.

But ASU barely plays on national TV. So I'm gonna have a hard time tracking down any tv footage of the guy.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reese knows what he's doing, i agree that we see restructures across the board. Isn't Rolle receiving less this year? If I remember correctly he had a front loaded contract.

Cruz and JPP should get extensions right away.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolle has the 2nd biggest cap hit this year. It's at $9,100,000 million this year and goes up $200,000 the next 2 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Rolle has the 2nd biggest cap hit this year. It's at $9,100,000 million this year and goes up $200,000 the next 2 years.
yeah...thats a lot... Kenny Phillips deserves that contract waaaay more than Rolle. But oh well.

I think Sanu is a good player, but I don't see the open field running that our other receivers do so well. Thats not a question of speed, its a question of wiggle and deception.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Also when I think of it, Moss would be amazing for this offense except that his route tree is very limited. Although Eli, one of the best deep ball QB's in the league right now, + Moss, the best deep ball WR ever = not fair.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
yeah...thats a lot... Kenny Phillips deserves that contract waaaay more than Rolle. But oh well.

I think Sanu is a good player, but I don't see the open field running that our other receivers do so well. Thats not a question of speed, its a question of wiggle and deception.
I don't think KP deserves it more than Rolle. Rolle seems to be everywhere even on the LOS and he is the vocal leader. KP's potential seemed to be cut by his injury. I still remember reading mini camp, and training camp reports about KP. Guy was amazing! It seems like he is invisible out there at times. Maybe it's a function of him being 2938190238912 yards back of the LOS, but I feel like he went from someone with sick potential to just avg to above avg.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I don't think KP deserves it more than Rolle. Rolle seems to be everywhere even on the LOS and he is the vocal leader. KP's potential seemed to be cut by his injury. I still remember reading mini camp, and training camp reports about KP. Guy was amazing! It seems like he is invisible out there at times. Maybe it's a function of him being 2938190238912 yards back of the LOS, but I feel like he went from someone with sick potential to just avg to above avg.
I agree with this. Rolle is one of my favorite players on the Giants. He is awesome, and we desperately need his presence in the backfield both on and off the field. It was such a shame what happened to Phillips, because he was about to break out in a big way when he got injured. But he's still a good player, like you said here!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it will never happen, but I dream of this guy on the outside opposite Nicks with Cruz in the slot:

If only we had more money this offseason

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I know it will never happen, but I dream of this guy on the outside opposite Nicks with Cruz in the slot:

If only we had more money this offseason
Yeah that would be awesome! If we had the cap space and offered him a contract we would only have to give up #32 in this draft. That would be worth it to say the least. I think the Patriots are going to make him an offer if the Steelers doesn't tag him.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ge-payday.html

Why Cruz won't get a huge payday article.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Boy, were we in rough shape when Coughlin arrived in 2004!

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=435639
Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Boy, were we in rough shape when Coughlin arrived in 2004!

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=435639
Haha, and they didn't even mention CB. The two Wills would drive me crazy.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Will Allen was the best tackling Giants CB I've seen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and will peterson bought my aunt her dog, so he's all good in my book
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Except Will Allen couldn't cover and Will Peterson couldn't stay healthy.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Allen couldn't cover the deep ball because the WR's would turn him around. He was pretty good on guys ove the middle on intermediate and short routes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-21-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i still remember that one game where santana moss ABUSED allen for 3 td's. one allen just got completely spun around on a ball in the air. it was brutal
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i still remember that one game where santana moss ABUSED allen for 3 td's. one allen just got completely spun around on a ball in the air. it was brutal
That may have been the last time Santana abused anyone in this league other than the Cowboys.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Will Allen was the best tackling Giants CB I've seen.
What about T2?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thomas is good but I've still seen him miss a lot of tackles. I don't want to bash Thomas but he became very overrated in my opinion. A lot of people were calling him better than Webster and said he was our #1 CB which was never true. He's a great #2 and I want him back but he was and never will be better than Webster.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-21-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Thomas is good but I've still seen him miss a lot of tackles. I don't want to bash Thomas but he became very overrated in my opinion. A lot of people were calling him better than Webster and said he was our #1 CB which was never true. He's a great #2 and I want him back but he was and never will be better than Webster.
I agree on some levels. He was not as good or better than Webster and wasn't our #1 CB, but he was well on his way to becoming our #1 CB if he didn't get hurt.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas is a very good #2 CB. He was never as good as Webster. What was nice about the Web/TT combo was you could mix your coverages based on matchups.

Thomas could take on the bigger WRs that Webster has a harder time with, Web can take on the shifty quicker guys.

In general, Thomas was our turnover guy in the secondary. He and Webster balanced eachother out perfectly. Web would lock down a guy, Thomas would get those turnovers and matchup vs bigger guys. It was great balance.