Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-26-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I didn't realize Tolly was a FA so I bet we replace him with Trattou. Chase is a FA also so I hope we can get him back.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HERZ!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like we might cut O'Hara also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sounds like we might cut O'Hara also.
Hopefully he stays cut. He's been a great Giants player for a long time but his skills have deteriorated so much over the past few years. I'm worried if we re-sign him the Giants will have him as the starter simply because of his standing and leadership on the field. We really need to upgrade the position.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so we cut O'Hara and Seubert. 2 of my favorite players. ****.

oh and osi holding out? even better.

****, I think I need a new favorite Giant, ugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually glad we cut O'Hara. His time is up. I want us to bring Richy back for cheaper, which I think will happen, but O'Hara was holding us back.

Thanks for the memories O'Hara, we appreciate what you did, but it's time to move on.

What is troubling though is, with Richy and O'Hara gone, we only have 1 Center on the roster, and he blew out his knee during the season.

It makes me wonder if we're positioning ourselves to go after a C in FA.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fix the OL! Come on!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Fix the OL! Come on!
Have faith in the young guys bro. Petrus can replace Richy no problem. Koets can replace O'Hara (if healthy).

I'm just worried about our LT spot. Beatty better step up this year.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wouldn't mind going after Nick Barnett. I always liked Barnett. He's a very good MIKE.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty-Diehl-Koets-Snee-McKenzie

with Petrus in the wings? Or Diehl to LT with Petrus at LG?
geez, I just don't know.

Also, we need to end the offseason with either Bradshaw or DeAngelo Williams. end of story
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need to get a LB would like to get James Anderson.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Beatty-Diehl-Koets-Snee-McKenzie

with Petrus in the wings? Or Diehl to LT with Petrus at LG?
geez, I just don't know.

Also, we need to end the offseason with either Bradshaw or DeAngelo Williams. end of story
I'd rather take my chances with this. The unknown (Petrus at LG) is more appealing than the known (Beatty at LT) to me.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'd rather take my chances with this. The unknown (Petrus at LG) is more appealing than the known (Beatty at LT) to me.
I fully agree with this one. At least it's nice to know the right side was the best in football last year. Hopefully they can keep it up.
Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I fully agree with this one. At least it's nice to know the right side was the best in football last year. Hopefully they can keep it up.
They've been the best in football for quite a few years now.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
They've been the best in football for quite a few years now.
well...when K-Mac's been healty *knocks on wood*
Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Best at run blocking. McKenzie has always had trouble with speed rushers, his pass pro was average.

I still remember the Colts game from last year, when both Diehl and McKenzie were getting destroyed on every single play bc neither could handle speed at this point in their careers.

It's a scary thought to have both as our OTs next year.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

That's true. I always just think run first.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I prefer a dominant run blocking offense over a dominant pass protecting one, so I hear ya.

I just want my LT to be a very good pass protector and my RT to be good enough in pass pro.

Anyone else think we should take a look at Nick Barnett?
Old 07-26-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry but there's no way in hell you can say Beatty is a known, he has looked really good at some times and really under-sized at others. His play has been so sporadic and inconsistent that there's no way to know what he'll actually provide. You calling him a known at this point in his career, not a year from now, but right now, is absurd. Just as absurd as if I was to claim that Beatty-Petrus-Koets-Snee-Diehl will be the best line in football next year.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm sorry but there's no way in hell you can say Beatty is a known, he has looked really good at some times and really under-sized at others. His play has been so sporadic and inconsistent that there's no way to know what he'll actually provide. You calling him a known at this point in his career, not a year from now, but right now, is absurd. Just as absurd as if I was to claim that Beatty-Petrus-Koets-Snee-Diehl will be the best line in football next year.
Well nothing I have seen from Beatty has really impressed me at all, outside of that one time when he didn't get beat on the same move twice and the announcers made a huge deal about it. I'd rather take my chances with Petrus. The learning curve of the position is easier too for Petrus. For someone undersized we thought runblocking would be an issue for Beatty, except that he hasn't really shined at all with his pass blocking either.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm with Jughead also on this. I liked what I've seen out of Petrus more than I've seen out of Beatty at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like we might re-sign Smith to a 1 year deal so we can see how his knee is.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a 1 year deal is ideal for Smith. If we notice he isn't completely healed by this time next year we can let him walk. Jerrel Jernigan and Mario will have had more time to develop as well as Nicks. This year, I just don't trust the guys we have(outside of Nicks) too much. If we let Smith walk, we lose a guy who has great chemistry with Eli, and lose our only slot receiver. Sure Jernigan and Mario could turn into our slot guy, but right now I don't trust either of them to replace Smith(and god forbid Nicks if he goes down)

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I think a 1 year deal is ideal for Smith. If we notice he isn't completely healed by this time next year we can let him walk. Jerrel Jernigan and Mario will have had more time to develop as well as Nicks. This year, I just don't trust the guys we have(outside of Nicks) too much. If we let Smith walk, we lose a guy who has great chemistry with Eli, and lose our only slot receiver. Sure Jernigan and Mario could turn into our slot guy, but right now I don't trust either of them to replace Smith(and god forbid Nicks if he goes down)
I agree with everything but don't forget about Barden also. I think he steps it up this year as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Have faith in the young guys bro. Petrus can replace Richy no problem. Koets can replace O'Hara (if healthy).

I'm just worried about our LT spot. Beatty better step up this year.
Petrus I will interested in at LG. Center, I don't want an injured koets with little to no experience, lol. No Thanks! he will be going against elite 1 and 0 T throughout the year. Get me a guy healthy and with experience if we can. If not, then healthy but someone who played the position throughout his career either in college or pros.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote