Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-17-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We'll adjust to injuries. I don't doubt that. But you don't want to sacrifice too much in the run game to put these CBs out there. We run big nickel as our base, you don't want to turn big nickel into a dime defense. You need some muscle for the run game still.

So ideally, I like Thomas at CB and a box safety as that 3rd safety. In a perfect world we'd have a 3 down linebacker at MIKE so we can play 4-3 as our base, but we're not quite there yet.

I want our defense to eventually become good enough that we can play against no huddle offenses without having to substitute.

We have the DBs to be versatile vs any formation, we have the dline to be versatile vs any formation, but we are missing that 1 LB that allows us to combat the no huddle and go into different formations and packages without substitutions.
True, hopefully they're all good to go so we have the versatility to adjust depending on the offense we're facing, take full advantage of our guys depth and use TT at Safety against the teams where we need to sacrifice some of that run D for the better coverage. T'would be awesome.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really are extremely lucky to have the safety duo we have. Most teams don't have 1 very good safety, we have 2 of them. And the best part about our safeties are how versatile they are. Both can line up in the slot and defend TEs in man, both can stuff the run, both can play single high, both can play robber, they both can basically do it all. Rolle excels more underneath while Kenny excels more at single high, but both are very versatile and really opens up what we can do on defense.

What sucks is I don't see us being able to afford to keep both long term, and it seems like we'll lose Kenny to FA eventually.

I don't think we appreciate how good Kenny is. Yes, he doesn't stand out on the TV angle, but the guy is so good at what he does, you just don't hear about him bc teams avoid going his way.

How many times did Kenny get beat deep this year? How many? I can't even remember 1 off the top of my head other than that Vernon Davis touchdown that was a brilliant play design.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 03-17-2012 at 03:00 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
What do you guys think of bringing in Joe Mays to fill our whole at MIKE? He has the size and he is young and I like his potential.
Anyone????

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Anyone????
Not worth it. He's nothing special, we are better off drafting a guy. Plus we have Greg Jones anyway which is pretty much the same guy.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not worth it. He's nothing special, we are better off drafting a guy. Plus we have Greg Jones anyway which is pretty much the same guy.
I don't see it. I think it is likely that we either bring back Goff cheaply or go with someone already on our roster. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a LB in the draft, but I doubt it is a priority.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that Mario Manningham has been a frustrating case of having to take the good with the bad. I know that he has inconsistent hands and often struggled in Kevin Gilbride's read-based route system.

What are some of your opinions on how he might fair in a strict, timing-based west-coast philosophy?
Old 03-17-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I know that Mario Manningham has been a frustrating case of having to take the good with the bad. I know that he has inconsistent hands and often struggled in Kevin Gilbride's read-based route system.

What are some of your opinions on how he might fair in a strict, timing-based west-coast philosophy?
I think he can be VERY productive in another system that isn't ours! LOL. Our passing offense is basically has a lot of the Run and Shoot principles in it. He was very inconsistent, but last season played well overall when we needed him.

I do think in a whole different system he would play better and perhaps be more productive. I felt the same about this with Eli in terms of production as well. This is a hard system where you need your WRs to be smart AND be on the same page as the WRs. If something is different in terms of a pre snap and post snap read you get INTs.

Rio can be a solid guy if you eliminate the cerebral part of the game. I am looking forward to seeing him this season. Hopefully, in the future against us, he won't do well.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It think Manningham is a good option for the 49ers, he gives them a genuine deep threat to help open up their offense.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

I've said for a couple of years now that I think Mario can really thrive in a different system for a different team. He's got loads of potential, but he's just not going to realize it in our system. He's not smart enough. He showed flashes, but never put it together for 4 quarters bc he runs the wrong routes too often in our system.

In a simplified WCO that requires timing and rhythm, I think Mario can really excel. Don't make him think too much and let his natural athleticism shine. He'll thrive in this scheme.

Now to be fair, he's still not a great route runner. He rounds out cuts too often and drifts to the sidelines too often on go routes, but he'll cut down on the mental mistakes in a WCO and really should shine now.

Is he a true #1? I don't think he'll ever be that. But I do think in a different system he can be a much better player than he was for us. And I think he'll be a solid pickup as long as the money wasn't too over the top.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JStew? Id love it, but is it possible?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
JStew? Id love it, but is it possible?
He is going to need a new contract soon. I am pretty sure he is at the end or approaching the end of his rookie deal.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he's a FA next summer, if we could get him for a 3rd and new contract that'd be amazing.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:56 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will give up a 3rd and DJ Ware gladly

Old 03-20-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Stick to the draft. I love JStew, think he's a great player, but we have to budget our money. I don't want to tie a lot of money to the RB position with so many key players on our team being FAs soon.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:26 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
It think Manningham is a good option for the 49ers, he gives them a genuine deep threat to help open up their offense.
Yes I'm pretty happy we signed him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yes I'm pretty happy we signed him.
Did they ever release the terms of his contract? I know it's for 2 years. I'm surprised he was only able to land a 2 year contract.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did they ever release the terms of his contract? I know it's for 2 years. I'm surprised he was only able to land a 2 year contract.
No not yet. I don't think so.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

The Panthers are reportedly shopping RB Jonathan Stewart.

Should we trade for him?

Stewart is in the last year of his rookie deal, so it is effectively a one year $1,311,250 deal.

Stewart is 25, has been pretty durable, playing in 62 out of 64 games. He has a career 3497 rushing yards, 26 TDs, with an average of 4.83/carry plus he has

He seems like the ideal option to replace Jacobs and unlike Jacobs, he is a genuine weapon in the passing game (last year he had 47 receptions for 413 yds, 1 TD.

With his contract situation Stewart is probably worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I don't think Reese is overly willing to part with picks. However how about trading Osi Umenyiora to Carolina for Jonthan Stewart?

Osi is probably worth a mid 2nd right now. Reese certainly won't trade Osi for less. I think trading Osi is on the cards, but only if we get a good priced offer for him, otherwise Reese will play hardball. It is worth noting we rejected late 2nd round offers from New England and Baltimore last year.

Both Osi and Stewart are in the last year of their deals. We could use the savings we get from trading Osi to work out a contract extension for Stewart.

Osi probably has a little more value that Stewart, we could also swap 3rd ot 4th round picks.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im thinking a third will do for stewart

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was released yesterday, and the numbers weren't huge at all. I think it was something like 2 years, 7,5 mill, 4.5 guaranteed or something like that. Not much at all, and I'm a little shocked that the Giants couldn't come up with something equal to this contract.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

IF we were to trade Osi for Stewart, and that's a huge if, we would have to get more out of it. Ideally swap 2nds or 3rds as well as Osi for Stewart.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's just see how the RBs on our roster and perhaps undrafted FAs and /or a draft pick all do. Let them duke it out for the 2 spots.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
It was released yesterday, and the numbers weren't huge at all. I think it was something like 2 years, 7,5 mill, 4.5 guaranteed or something like that. Not much at all, and I'm a little shocked that the Giants couldn't come up with something equal to this contract.
Yea i'm a bit disappointed, he has a 1.2M base salary in 12' and something like 3.6 in 13'. And we aren't going to trade Osi, it's not happening.
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Giants owner tweaks Jets over Tebow news conference

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
Old 03-25-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently there's still been a lot of rumors floating around that Jacobs will be back on a cheap 1 year deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote