Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-11-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Any reasoning?
why would they? Kiwi has performed at a pro bowl caliber level ever since the beginning of the 2010 season, he's solid against the run. Osi isn't going anywhere, they aren't going to take a solid LBer and make him into a rotational DE who is going to get 20 snaps a game there. So they sign a TE, OL and DB depth...now reese won't have to deal with as many angry fans when he drafts a high DL this year.
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonblows91 View Post
why would they? Kiwi has performed at a pro bowl caliber level ever since the beginning of the 2010 season, he's solid against the run. Osi isn't going anywhere, they aren't going to take a solid LBer and make him into a rotational DE who is going to get 20 snaps a game there. So they sign a TE, OL and DB depth...now reese won't have to deal with as many angry fans when he drafts a high DL this year.
I wouldn't go that far about the Pro Bowl level thing. He's good against the run but he still can't cover for **** which is why he was off the field a lot during our playoff run. Even if Osi doesn't go anywhere we still love to rotate our DE's and we do our model is the 4 DE system. I didn't say it was a guarantee we did this anyway but it was something to ponder. I'd have no qualms if we still went DE early.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I wouldn't go that far about the Pro Bowl level thing. He's good against the run but he still can't cover for **** which is why he was off the field a lot during our playoff run. Even if Osi doesn't go anywhere we still love to rotate our DE's and we do our model is the 4 DE system. I didn't say it was a guarantee we did this anyway but it was something to ponder. I'd have no qualms if we still went DE early.
The only LBer on the team who consistently didn't blow coverages was boley. The start of the 2010 season kiwanuka was on fire, disrupting plays he had 4 sacks in the first 3 games, then went down with the neck issue. 2011 He still got good pressure on the QB and was great against the run, suspect coverage...but again as a giant fan i'm pretty used to that from our LBers (AP near the end of his career comes to mind). Also not to mention i doubt reese would switch a starters position like that based on the acquisition of an extremely injury prone player.

Edit: PFF rated Kiwi a +10.3 On the year 2nd on the team behind JPP +39.2, feel like you have to go beyond the numbers to really appreciate his performance.

Last edited by Bostonblows91 : 04-11-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea what to think about any of these signings.

Rivers looked great coming out of USC, haven't seen or heard of him since the hines ward jaw breaking hit. I am sure that we think he can contribute because we gave away a 5th for a player in a contract year.

Locklear has started in the past and he mustve caught our eye when we played against the skins, I think he could push for the RT spot, but I dont expect him to be a good starter.

Molden is another guy I think we probably liked because of what we saw in the matchups against them. I dont particularly remember him, but I remember sterling moore. We'll see.

I like that we are active in filling some holes before the draft, but none of these should affect our drafting IMO.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Gotta wonder with more quality LBers if they'll reduce the amount they run the two Lber, 3 safety look
Old 04-11-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with the coverage skills of rivers-boley-williams and the departure/age of Grant, I wouldn't doubt it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
with the coverage skills of rivers-boley-williams and the departure/age of Grant, I wouldn't doubt it
No chance of us resigning Grant? I know he wasn't the greatest, but he was a team leader and had a veteran savvy...

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
No chance of us resigning Grant? I know he wasn't the greatest, but he was a team leader and had a veteran savvy...
His play dropped off pretty badly from 2010-2011, i do like the whole veteran leader thing, but he has definitely lost a step...or two.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldn't rule out bringing him back. just rule out him seeing significant time if brought back
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see Grant returning. I think they'd like Sash to step up into that role.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New York just signed Antwaun Molden. He's not good by any means but he had the physical tools to be considered a solid prospect like five years ago.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
New York just signed Antwaun Molden. He's not good by any means but he had the physical tools to be considered a solid prospect like five years ago.
Yeah that went through last night. He'll compete for the dime and 5th CB spots on the team with Tryon, Coe, Witherspoon and possibly some others. Loving our depth there which is what you need in the game these days.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
rivers for a 5th is awesome. I'm excited for it. That comp pick cushions it as well
As a Bengals fan, we have been greatly disappointed in Rivers since coming here as a top ten pick. You would expect an impact player and he was never much after getting knocked over by Ward. He's always injured and just is not a physical player. Maybe he'll turn around his career for you guys but here in Cincy we did not see him as coming back as a starter anyway so getting a 5th looks good to us.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Thanks for the insight. Seems like a win win for both sides. You guys get a pick for someone who wasn't doing anything for you and we give up a late rounder for a guy with high upside and untapped potential.
Ps: go Brian leonard!
Quote:
Old 04-12-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

A 5th round pick is only as good as the player you can get there for your teams needs/coaching.

In my opinion this is as good as a 5th round pick with potential to be better. Other people mentioned that Rivers had top 10 talent, thats the potential part along with the way his attributes fit in our defensive scheme.

In 2008:

With his ability to cover, pursuit in the run game, and he is a decent blitzer he follows our precedence at the position. His measurements (6'2 1/2'' 241) and combine numbers (4.51 and 4.55 40 times (unofficial) 4.63 (official), 24 reps on bench).

Analysis from Scott Wright of draftcountdown.com:

Strengths:
Excellent athleticism...Great speed with a burst to close...Quick and agile...Terrific range and makes plays sideline-to-sideline...Does a fantastic job in pursuit...Good frame with long arms...Motor runs non-stop and he is really active...Fluid and does a terrific job in coverage...A big hitter who can lay the lumber...Decent pass rusher and blitzer...Aggressive and plays with an attitude...Works through the trash and traffic well..Good instincts and recognition...Offers some versatility..A hard worker.

Weaknesses:
Could stand to add some weight...Needs to get stronger..More of a finesse player and is not overly physical...Plays out of control at times...Doesn't take on or shed blockers all that well...Is not stout and can be run at...Needs to keep his pad level down...A playmaker in coverage?..Goes for the knockout rather than wrapping up.

Notes:
A elite recruit coming out of high school...Wore the #55 jersey for the Trojans that was made famous by guys like Junior Seau, Willie McGinest and Chris Claiborne...A outstanding all-around linebacker who shouldn't ever have to leave the field...Has an ideal blend of natural talent, physical tools, and intangibles...Prototypical WILL.

nfl.com analysis: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/keith-rivers?id=302

fftoolbox analysis:
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=1222

Current day:
He is recovering from a wrist injury he had surgery in july, has had other injuries including a broken jaw from a hit from hines ward. Overall he still excells at coverage, good in pursuit, cannot take on blockers very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o5-p...ca105FUAAAAAAA vs. the jets in 2010

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 04-12-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ts_tracki.html

just realized we're bringing bruce johnson back, i like it

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ballin great stuff

The pre-draft analysis seems spot on regarding is ability to shed blocks, and take false steps when you look at the youtube clips.

He does have good side line to silde line speed. His tackles can be broken, and he does get swallowed up at the line. I can't see why we would have him play the SAM ever.

But I still think he improves our LB core.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase is back!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

CHASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-13-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Reese making power moves lol
Old 04-13-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

chase chase chase chase chase chase chase chase
Quote:
Old 04-13-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He still has to make the team. I hope someone like Jones or Herzlich don't make it over him only because they are younger.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to have Blackburn back. But I'm honestly not sure if I'm more happy for Chase, the Giants or scotty. Probably you Scotty! The team forum is much more enjoyable when you're in a good mood :)

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game. Set. Match. Repeat is a lock now!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He still has to make the team. I hope someone like Jones or Herzlich don't make it over him only because they are younger.
Jones or Paysinger will not make it over him

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote