Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't say Beatty was our best offensive lineman, but the run game sucked before he went down and the run game sucked after he went down. Beatty was not the problem.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty didn't help though. I would say Baas was probably our worst offensive lineman, Diehl wasn't very good at LT this past year but at G he played well. McKenzie's game really took a dive at the mid-end of the season. Boothe was pretty damn good down the stretch and Snee was above average but not as good as we're used to. So Beatty might not have been the problem, but he wasn't good either.

The biggest difference in the run game was when Petrus and Booth were playing, which is why I feel they should both be starters. I don't get this talk about Mosely starting or competing for a starting position just yet, but as I thought, they are looking at him as a guard as well as a tackle. Petrus has played some center, and since he really isn't the best passblocker it could shield that. So my lineup would be:

Beatty-Boothe-Petrus-Snee-Diehl

Our left side doesn't have as much weight, but Boothe's range and athleticism is something I like in a pulling guard, he is very good in the open field vs the small dbs.

If beatty can't hold down the job, Diehl and Locklear would likely be the tackles. But I feel that Petrus is best fit at center if we are going to start him. One more thing, Baas sucks.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was going to say the diehl was our best oline man last season. kinda by far
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i was going to say the diehl was our best oline man last season. kinda by far
Diehl's versatility makes him an asset, but he average at both positions this past year I felt. Boothe was very impressive, watching over games you see how key his blocks were and how confident we were with him matching him 1 on 1 with wilfork in the superbowl multiple times. btw Boothe didn't hold on that play, that was bull.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Diehl's versatility makes him an asset, but he average at both positions this past year I felt. Boothe was very impressive, watching over games you see how key his blocks were and how confident we were with him matching him 1 on 1 with wilfork in the superbowl multiple times. btw Boothe didn't hold on that play, that was bull.
Wilfork admitted it wasn't a hold. I feel that call kept that game from getting ugly early.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they don't call that hold, we go in and score, and it's 16-3 going into half time. At that point the game is very different, and we could unleash an all out pass rush like we did in the 4th quarter and it probably would have been a very one sided game.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regarding our oline, Beatty sucks.

Let's be real, while our run game didn't pick up a lot after he left, it still got a little better. And when Beatty was in the lineup, we simply could not run left at all. Not even for 2 yards. When Diehl went to LT we could at least get 2 ypc on the left. It wasn't great but it was still an improvement.

And his miscommunication on stunts/blitzes is just awful. He can't be trusted out there. He's just not good.

If you want to be honest about it, from a consistency standpoint, our best OLmen throughout the year was probably Boothe. He's the one guy on the OL that we routinely want out of the lineup but to be fair, he was probably our best OLmen this year. He's versatile, he's good but not great, he's a great guy to have on the bench.

I'm hoping Brewer can step up as our RT this year, but realistically, we're gonna have to crash and burn with Beatty before we make a change to the OL. Diehl will probably start out at RT.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally think Boothe should be the starting LG, but I see Diehl there and Locklear/Brewer playing RT.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I personally think Boothe should be the starting LG, but I see Diehl there and Locklear/Brewer playing RT.
Hopefully that is the case. With Boothe playing center. Although his shotgun snaps scare me.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Hopefully that is the case. With Boothe playing center. Although his shotgun snaps scare me.
Yea, his snaps were getting a little adventurous there in the Dallas game. Pretty much see no way Baas isn't starting though.

Pretty much the only locked in starters I see are Baas at C, Snee and RG and Diehl somewhere. Then fill in the rest.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I can understand giving Bass the job out of camp and seeing how he does. But if he continues to struggle, I hope we don't have a huge leash with him because of the contract. I get we can't cut him because of cap issues, but he can sit the bench at 4.5 million, or whatever it is, if he plays like last year.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Baas was one of Jerry Reese's bigger misses. He's going to start, we can't avoid it.

We just have to hope we see great improvement this year with more time developing chemistry.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of you are the most impatient fans I know. The guy played above average in the playoff except for the 1 half in the 49'ers game where the whole line went to ****.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That's bc the Falcons have no pass rush, ditto for the Packers and Patriots.

And he got help on Wilfork.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's bc the Falcons have no pass rush, ditto for the Packers and Patriots.

And he got help on Wilfork.
We've been arguing the same stuff forever. I'm not going over all of this again, we'll see starting in August. Everyone gets help on Wilfork but they still both did an excellent job.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He sucks!

*runs out of thread*
Old 05-01-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our OL got better at run blocking when Petrus and Boothe stepped in, I think that made a bigger difference than the down grade from Beatty to Diehl. Or is it a coincidence that our running game went back to **** once Baas came back and Boothe pushed Petrus out of the lineup until Baas settled in and then we were just mediocre running the ball. That's why I just want our starters to stay healthy, cause once they start getting nicked up our running game goes to ****. A healthy year from Baas, Snee, Diehl, Beatty/Locklear and Petrus/Boothe. That's all I ask from the OL.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 05-01-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I love Petrus but he was terrible in the passing game. He needs to seriously improve in that area before we can count on him to start.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah I'm hoping Petrus can step up his pass pro this year. Bc if not, then Boothe should start over him.

If Petrus still sucks at pass protection this year, then he may never become the LG I hoped for.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Some of you are the most impatient fans I know. The guy played above average in the playoff except for the 1 half in the 49'ers game where the whole line went to ****.
Should we look past his 6 up and down years in San Fran as well?
Old 05-01-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Once he settled in with them, he was better than O'Hara ever was for Cleveland. *shrug*

Give him an actual offseason to settle in with his team-mates and good health...he stops being my biggest concern. With Petrus and Boothe at LG our interior OL should be strong.

It's OT where I'm worried, Beatty if he stays health and so can keep his weight up could solve a lot of problems, if the new guy from Seattle's any good that would solve a lot of problems, if any of the developmental guys work out that solves our problems...we've got guys that could be solid starters once they all gel. That's the thing though that does worry me, with how long it takes lineman to really gel I'm more concerned with our starters staying healthy than with who the starters actually are.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 05-01-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
He wasn't playing C the whole time there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

But what about Petrus at C? That way Boothe doesn't have to snap and is probably as mobile as Petrus. Petrus also then wouldn't be as crucial in pass pro because he could be helped more easily.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
But what about Petrus at C? That way Boothe doesn't have to snap and is probably as mobile as Petrus. Petrus also then wouldn't be as crucial in pass pro because he could be helped more easily.
I'd rather Petrus focus on improving his pass blocking than having to start learning how to snap and make the line calls from a new position. If he can't improve his pass blocking, he's not a starter along a quality OL, could still make a great jumbo TE/6th Lineman like 69 used to be, but that's it.

Baas is our best bet at Center for next season with Boothe an excellent backup should we need to kick him into the middle, especially since he's an experienced enough player where we can devote a lot of his offseason on getting those shotgun snaps clean and learning how to make all of the adjustments.

I think we're planning to open camp with the 1st string OL looking like Beatty-Petrus-Baas-Snee-Locklear, with Diehl at LT and Boothe at C for the second stringers, at least until the battle for the starting Tackle and LG spots starts to become clearer. That way Diehl gets his reps at LT for when he surpasses Beatty on the depth chart and Boothe can really focus on his snapping and doing all of the pre-snap center stuff while we give Petrus a shot to win the LG spot. Ultimately I think our OL will come down to Diehl-Boothe-Baas-Snee-Locklear but seasons end, but I'm very pessimistic about our OL, even though I acknowlege the excellent potential there if everything works out perfectly and we don't forget to turn injures off.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He wasn't playing C the whole time there.
Yeah but he wasn't really great at either.