Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still on the Randy Moss bandwagon btw.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm still on the Randy Moss bandwagon btw.

When I thought no chance on Plax, I thought it'd be some for Randy, but now....

Just kidding BBD, I just don't see the match.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know. I'm just gonna go cry in a corner when he signs with the Jets, Pats, or Eagles.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Boothe or Beatty be in the Giants o-line plans? Seems neither has really panned out as quality replacements.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Will Boothe or Beatty be in the Giants o-line plans? Seems neither has really panned out as quality replacements.
Beatty at worst is the swing tackle, and I believe he'll be the starting LT this year.

BBD is pessismistic, but I think if he hadn't broken his foot last year he would have been starting by week 4 or 5.

Boothe is what he is, can play 3 positions on the line, is familiar with our system and hasn't made a fool of himself when needing to play.

LT: Beatty, Diehl
LG: Diehl, Petrus
C: Baas, Koets,
RG: Snee, Boothe
RT: McKenzie, Brewer

While Brewer is listed behind McKenzie, if it actually came to it, I'd say Diehl to LT and Beatty to RT. Brewer will get very little playing time this year.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

If Beatty pans out at LT, I think our best starting 5 would be:

LT: Beatty
LG: Petrus
C: Baas
RG: Snee
RT: Diehl

If he's a dud, then I'd go with

LT: Diehl
RT: McKenzie

If McKenzie is washed up and can't play, plus Beatty is a dud, we have to go

LT: Diehl
RT: Brewer

But that's a scary thought. I think Brewer has to be redshirted. He's not ready.

But I think Beatty could play RT even if he sucks at LT. So we should still be fine.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Forgot about Boothe. Boothe would probably play before Brewer would. I'd be shocked if Brewer sees the field this year.

Only chance he has is if he blows everyone away in TC.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
According to the Bergen Record, the Giants have informed David Diehl that he's moving to left guard with Will Beatty moving into the starting lineup at left tackle.
There it is BBD :)
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
There it is BBD :)
Let's not be overly excited about this though. Remember they did the same thing last year before camp, but Beatty sucked so hard they aborted the idea.

Let's see if Beatty can take advantage of it this year. If he does pan out, I seriously rather move Diehl to RT and Petrus to LG, but that's just me.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Let's not be overly excited about this though. Remember they did the same thing last year before camp, but Beatty sucked so hard they aborted the idea.

Let's see if Beatty can take advantage of it this year. If he does pan out, I seriously rather move Diehl to RT and Petrus to LG, but that's just me.
I think you are overrating Petrus. I saw a decent prospect with some shine, but I'm taking the veterans over him every day, at least for the beginning of the season.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I think you are overrating Petrus. I saw a decent prospect with some shine, but I'm taking the veterans over him every day, at least for the beginning of the season.
Diehl is losing his athleticism. He's not the same David Diehl anymore, he's getting old too after all. If you go back and watch him play LG in our PS games, he actually wasn't that impressive, bc he can't swing out on sweeps like he used to.

Petrus is more athletic than him. He showed a lot in the run game, and was improving as a pass protector. I think we have a future PBer in the making with Petrus, he just needs reps to work on his craft.

I like Diehl at RT and Petrus at LG bc I think that puts our best starting 5 on the field. Diehl may have lost a step, but he's still better than McKenzie. And I think the Petrus/Diehl combo is better than the Diehl/McKenzie combo.

But to be fair, most are higher on McKenzie on here than I am.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like Beatty at LT but let's hope he proves us wrong. Petrus looked very good in limited action and I think he's the future LG.

Smith might start off on the PUP list BBD.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Let's not forget, Petrus was supposed to be a developmental guy. He was raw coming in. If he looked that good last year, just imagine how good he can be now with more reps and a year of NFL lifting under his belt?

If Smith is on PUP, that means he misses the first 6 games right?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's not forget, Petrus was supposed to be a developmental guy. He was raw coming in. If he looked that good last year, just imagine how good he can be now with more reps and a year of NFL lifting under his belt?

If Smith is on PUP, that means he misses the first 6 games right?
Not always. You can pull someone off PUP earlier. However you have 6 games before you are forced to decide to activate him or end his season. It just buys you another roster spot.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty at LT is pretty scary. If he can just find consistency I'm confident he could be a great LT, but that's the big key with him. Hopefully this year he comes in knowing what is expected of him and does well. We really need him to step in at LT and succeed.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

If he didn't pack on weight this year, I'm gonna be very disappointed.

In fact, if I don't see a bigger Beatty in camp, I'm fully expecting him to be a dud again.

He needs to get bigger.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we don't re-sign Smith and instead sign Plax I'm going to be livid.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Beatty needs to get bigger and he needs to play with that angriness that OL need. Beatty seems too finesse out there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If we don't re-sign Smith and instead sign Plax I'm going to be livid.
Agreed. Plax never really knew the system well and was a constant malcontent. We need Steve Smith. He's the only guy Eli can have 100% certainty to be in the right spot at the right time.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

There's less than a 1% chance that happens.

Smith is coming back 1 way or another. Either with a 1 year contract or a long term deal. He's not leaving the building, I'd bet the mortgage on that.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Beatty needs to get bigger and he needs to play with that angriness that OL need. Beatty seems too finesse out there.
That won't change. Beatty was always finesse. He was finesse in college. You can't change a leopard's stripes. To be fair though, he's not too finesse. He does have a little bit of a mean streak on him, just not as much as what we're used to, bc our oline has always been built on run blocking and he's a pass protector not a run blocker.

It's acceptable at LT as long as he can pass protect. But if he keeps getting bullrushed bc he's the size of a big TE, there's no point in continuing this project with him.

I'm concerned about Sintim too. I think this is a make or break year for him.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I loved the Sintim pick and I'm known as one of the patient ones around here but I totally agree. Sintim needs to show something this year otherwise I hope he becomes a cut.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who thinks they could move Sintim to end and move Osi for another LB?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Hysnoski making the team?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Thoughts on Hysnoski making the team?
Wasn't he the best blocking FB in the draft? If so, pretty good I'd say.