Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Randle is gonna exceed expectations. Be better than Mario. Maybe not as "clutch" as Mario bc he did make some huge catches for us last year at opportune times, but I think Randle will be a more reliable #3 throughout the year.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think Randle is gonna exceed expectations. Be better than Mario. Maybe not as "clutch" as Mario bc he did make some huge catches for us last year at opportune times, but I think Randle will be a more reliable #3 throughout the year.
Mario really wasn't that clutch...He should be making the catches he makes, its just some of the catches he has are his savvy route running and on YAC. Against the Patriots in the SB, he had a much easier 1 on 1 post with no safety over the top which he should've won in the air. He doesn't catch with his hands, so those types of throws he isn't usually given. He was good in a lot of areas, but a lot of the times he just didnt catch the ball well.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Mario really wasn't that clutch...He should be making the catches he makes, its just some of the catches he has are his savvy route running and on YAC. Against the Patriots in the SB, he had a much easier 1 on 1 post with no safety over the top which he should've won in the air. He doesn't catch with his hands, so those types of throws he isn't usually given. He was good in a lot of areas, but a lot of the times he just didnt catch the ball well.
Mario is/was a dynamic WR. His problem has always been consistency. Consistency in his route running, his hands, his ability to make the proper sight adjustments, he's just not consistent and reliable.

Had he been able to consistently do all of those things, he'd be our best WR. But he's just not capable of putting it all together in our system.

In a simpler system he might become that guy, but in our system, he's nothing more than a 3 bc of his inconsistency.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of those clutch sideline catches were caused but his inability to run a proper route, haha.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

My job blows.

Yeah I know that has nothing to do with the Giants, but whatever.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll join that club. That's why I'm on here half the time I'm at work.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine sucks too. That's life, isn't it?
Old 06-28-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Mine sucks too. That's life, isn't it?
It certainly is. It also leads 100% to my weekend alcoholic lifestyle.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-28-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you guys, barely do any work, most surfing the internet
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, career change guys! I don't understand how people can tolerate miserable jobs.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, career change guys! I don't understand how people can tolerate miserable jobs.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$
Old 06-28-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$
Yup. If I could leave for another place and make the same salary id do it in a heartbeat. But the market sucks really bad right now.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm gonna let you in on a secret my undergraduate friend. Work sucks period. No matter what field youre in, no matter how much you make, work sucks. You know why? Bc its work. Its not called fun, its called work. And it sucks.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, I understand. I know I will be lucky to be 45k a year teaching in South Carolina but honestly I'll be happy. I enjoy teaching and I get summers off which lets me pursue other interests.

I'll probably end up getting my doctorate down the road though and teaching at a university. Probably one of the best combinations of easy workload and solid pay.

And hey now, BBD! I'm getting my masters as we speak!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It really sucks extra for me because the money I make is **** also. I really do need to look for a new job.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm gonna let you in on a secret my undergraduate friend. Work sucks period. No matter what field youre in, no matter how much you make, work sucks. You know why? Bc its work. Its not called fun, its called work. And it sucks.
Well do what you enjoy and you will never work a day in your life.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Doing what I enjoy is laying around the pool, surfing the internet and drinking.

There aren't many 100k jobs in those fields.

I actually don't mind what I do, the problem solving is interesting, just lots of down/boring time where I have no motivation to go "above and beyond"
Old 06-29-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

forenci, you're a teacher too?!?!?!

see, i'm gonna enjoy my job, even though i'll get **** pay.

just gonna hafta marry rich, oh well
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm on the lookout for a sugar momma.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Doing what I enjoy is laying around the pool, surfing the internet and drinking.

There aren't many 100k jobs in those fields.

I actually don't mind what I do, the problem solving is interesting, just lots of down/boring time where I have no motivation to go "above and beyond"
Do that for a travel website or start your own. Go around to hotels of the world, and do that and write your reviews. I am not saying it will work or anything, but who knows. I learned the hard way, and now going back to school in what I want to do.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
forenci, you're a teacher too?!?!?!

see, i'm gonna enjoy my job, even though i'll get **** pay.

just gonna hafta marry rich, oh well
Haha, I will be after I get my masters more than likely. I mean, if something popped up in the field of journalism I MIGHT consider it but it would have to be something I really love.

My girl friend and likely future wife is also getting her masters in special education so I doubt we will be making much money, haha. I really don't mind though. Working 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. every day, teaching kids, and having summers, weekends, and a lot of holidays off will be amazing.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually quit law school after two years to pursue my dream of becoming a sports journalist. I already had a part-time job in the biggest law firm in Norway, and had an oral agreement on becoming a trainee, and eventually, an associate in that firm. But I said to myself "is this really what I want?" to work 50-70 hours a week, just so I can make a ******** of money and be miserable?

In the end, it became quite clear to me. I want to work with my passion. Because, as NYG said, if you do that, you never work a day in your life. And honestly, I could write about and speak of/discuss a variety of sports for days on end without getting bored. So It's the perfect occupation for me. Sure, I probably won't be rich, like I could have become as a lawyer. But I will at least be happy. That's the main goal for me. Life is short, so try to do things that make you happy as often as you can.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:17 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I commend you on that, sir. A lot of people don't realize that and feel that money = happiness. I guess for some people that's true, which is fine, but if you're going to be miserable in obtaining money, or you work so much that you can't enjoy the things you buy with that money then what's the point?

For me, family comes before anything. Family makes me happy. So I know when I have a family in the not too distant future I want to be able to spend as much time as I can with them and a teacher doesn't have to work insane hours. Plus I will enjoy teaching. Especially teaching English, as I feel most professors/teachers tend to do everything in their power to make it uninteresting, something I plan not to do.

Also, it must be an incredibly slow off-season if we have resorted to this discussion, haha. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

But damn, I was excited about how many Giants games I was able to watch despite being in South Carolina. I'm moving back down there on Monday to continue to work on my masters degree, but I'll probably get a ton of Giants games on national TV, especially after them winning the Super Bowl.

I've even slowly managed to convert my girl friend into a Giants fan which is always a plus.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I actually quit law school after two years to pursue my dream of becoming a sports journalist. I already had a part-time job in the biggest law firm in Norway, and had an oral agreement on becoming a trainee, and eventually, an associate in that firm. But I said to myself "is this really what I want?" to work 50-70 hours a week, just so I can make a ******** of money and be miserable?

In the end, it became quite clear to me. I want to work with my passion. Because, as NYG said, if you do that, you never work a day in your life. And honestly, I could write about and speak of/discuss a variety of sports for days on end without getting bored. So It's the perfect occupation for me. Sure, I probably won't be rich, like I could have become as a lawyer. But I will at least be happy. That's the main goal for me. Life is short, so try to do things that make you happy as often as you can.

That's what I did. I went from Business school to working, to trying to get into the NFL, and coming close to now doing my post bach and trying to get into medical school. By the time I am done, I will be old, lol. I will be 31 this August, so it will take while.

But I have more interest in science than I do in anything else. It comes easier to me. If I become a doctor, I won't think of it as work. To help people i need everyday will be an honor for me.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm a scientist. The work is fulfilling, it's very interesting and respectable, but the hours are long, the pay isn't as good as it should be considering all the education and knowledge I need to perform my job, and you do all the work and receive none of the credit.

That's the frustrating part for me. I spend 10 hours a day in the lab cooking up something that the company makes millions off of, and then some guy in the business department gets credit for the money coming into the company bc he took my research and told an investor about it. Big deal.

I'm trying to get out of the labs and get into more of a managerial/office role where I have others do the technical work and I present it, but it's hard to get your foot in that door.