Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-01-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
forenci, i hate you. maybe if Beatty and his uconn ass didn't suck so bad, we'd have a better Oline!

and I meant to post this in my previous post:

Anthony Davis sucks more than Beatty does. JERK!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pfffft Anthony Davis is at least a surefire starter. Beatty may not beat out Diehl/Brewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Goddamit Donald" Brown.

/discussion.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Don't forget OT. I'm pretty sure Will Beatty still sucks.
Yea we will need OT, but I doubt we go OT round one. Reese will value DL and DB more.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
guys, we're fine.

Although Zak, this may make Logan Ryan a round 1 possibility for us!! :)
I don't know if I can keep doing this to myself every draft. There's a clear need for a player and it just happens that Rutgers player isn't chosen. I'd be even more pissed about not taking Ryan than I when we didn't choose Sanu.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe some good news? I think Schefter is probably wrong on this the way Coughlin has been talking but holding out some hope.

Quote:
Giants CB Terrell Thomas is scheduled to meet Tuesday in Pensacola, Florida with Dr. James Andrews. But doctors who have examined Thomas so far do not believe he has a torn ACL and they are optimistic he will play again this season.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
"Goddamit Donald" Brown.

/discussion.
I love that video. It's just so funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Maybe some good news? I think Schefter is probably wrong on this the way Coughlin has been talking but holding out some hope.
I saw that as well. I'm not holding out hope and fully expect him to be gone for the season and potentially his career but it would be great if he could come back. Who knows if he's the same player at this point though. His confidence to turn and make cuts on the field must be shot at this point though.

I know when I messed up my shoulder my confidence to throw was shot. I can only imagine how it is with an ACL playing as a position that forces you to make quick cuts and changes of direction.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am not sure, I think the front office are just being cautious and want to thoroughly evaluate Thomas' situation before making any decisions or announcements. If there is an obvious tear, Thomas will be put on IR at the very least, thus freeing up a roster spot.

It could be that Thomas has just agravated his knee somehow without tearing his ACL.

We just have to wait and see.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am not sure, I think the front office are just being cautious and want to thoroughly evaluate Thomas' situation before making any decisions or announcements. If there is an obvious tear, Thomas will be put on IR at the very least, thus freeing up a roster spot.

It could be that Thomas has just agravated his knee somehow without tearing his ACL.

We just have to wait and see.
If he has a torn ACL the Giants will waive/injure him. He won't go on IR.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't know why but I find this quote from Martellus funny:

Quote:
“Eli’s a real laid back guy. You can talk to him and just ask him what he wants. Sometimes, like the wife, you know, you never know what she wants. You ask her, and she’s like “I don’t want chicken.” Well, do you want steak? She’ll be like, “No, I don’t want steak.” Eli knows if he wants chicken or steak. So, he helps me out a whole lot. I’ll come back to him and he’s like, “I didn’t like that, I want you to do this.” I’ll be like, “OK.” Then the next time I do it, I do it the way he likes it. I like playing for Eli.”

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amen Marty B. Amen.

Bitches don't know wtf they want.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's so true. That chicken or steak conversation comes up at least once a week in my house. When you let me me know what the F you want for dinner, feel free to make it. And get me a beer too damnit.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't even ask anymore. It's pointless. I just tell her what we're eating/gonna do/where we're going/etc and that's that.

I rather deal with the consequences of that than deal with her constantly flip flopping and ****.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Marty B looks gigantic btw. Almost like he can play OT. From what Reese said, they want him to be primarily a run blocking TE, so I guess the added muscle will help there.

Just don't screw up your routes and catch the damn ball when it comes to you and we'll be ok Bennett. And keep your mouth shut.

Am I asking for too much?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't care if he runs his mouth. He does it in a funny way like Jacobs used to. Now that's gone Bennett can have that role.

I think he'll do well for us. Excellent block plus like 40 catches for 4 or 5 TD's. That's what we always get from our TE's and I'm fine with it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm just a little nervous about my trust in him running the right choices in our system. He wasn't exactly the best route runner or display the best hands in Dallas.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I agree with that. He dropped too many balls also. Like I've been saying though if he can't succeed here with Coughlin, Pope, and Eli then he'll just be a glorified T the rest of his career.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thnk Bennett will be fine, he just needs to get in sync with Eli, who will make him more effective/productive (just like Eli did with Boss and Ballard).

Between Bennett and Pascoe we will be fine.

As far as Bennett being bigger, I don't see it as an issue as long as it doesn't reduce his speed and agility too much.

After all there have been effective all round TEs at that size (Jeremy Stevens and Eric Green come to mind). He is just a freak athlete. It will mean we will almost have an extra lineman on the field.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know why but I find this quote from Martellus funny:
Gotta get the full quote where he says he's like a "Black Unicorn" when he's on the field.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Gotta get the full quote where he says he's like a "Black Unicorn" when he's on the field.
Haha yeah I think that was another question or he posted that on Twitter. Someone else today compared themselves to a Green Banana. It was Hosley possibly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Hahaha thats great. I really love our team this year

Old 08-02-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...a-green-banana

Old 08-03-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Hosley. Sucks what's happened to TT, but I could see a big second half of the season from Hosley as our nickel. He's got a great attitude, amazing hands and ball skills, great quickness and pluckiness, our coaches just need to turn that chippiness into better tackling and Fewell's gotta not go full ******.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hosley <333

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I <3 Hosley. Sucks what's happened to TT, but I could see a big second half of the season from Hosley as our nickel. He's got a great attitude, amazing hands and ball skills, great quickness and pluckiness, our coaches just need to turn that chippiness into better tackling and Fewell's gotta not go full ******.
Dear Perry Fewell,

Love, every Giants fan everywhere