Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-20-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He's still in a walking boot today. No timetable on return given yet.
Alright, I can't see it keeping him out too long. Turf toe isn't that bad of an injury

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, anyone here want a David Wilson sig? I found a picture of him that I could use and was gonna make one soon. Would anyone here use it or want me to make them a Giants sig?

Old 08-20-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We're getting soft. Like this whole stop bullying campaign. Really? Honestly, bullying is a part of growing up. It toughens you up.

People are so sensitive nowadays. Man up. It's a part of growing up.
So true. I'm glad I didn't grow up with oversensitive and overtly protective parents. When I was a young boy (about 9 or 10) this guy was bullying me at school. I went to my dad and cried about it, and he told me that the solution was easy: The next time he does it, punch him square in the face as hard as you can. And I did. In the classroom, right in front of the teacher. We both got expelled for a day, and got loads of yelling from the principal and teachers, but it was totally worth it. He never bullied me again, and we actually became pretty good friends after that.

That's how you deal with harassment from others, at least as a child. As long as you stand up for yourself, they will stop bothering you.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
By the way, anyone here want a David Wilson sig? I found a picture of him that I could use and was gonna make one soon. Would anyone here use it or want me to make them a Giants sig?
im interested

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a (future) teacher, i have a bit of a different stance on bullying, but I do agree 100% that we've become too sensitive and that this "hazing" is a non-issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
im interested
Ight man, I will make it soon.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
as a (future) teacher, i have a bit of a different stance on bullying, but I do agree 100% that we've become too sensitive and that this "hazing" is a non-issue
Same. It's different if we're talking about two grown men, but I don't tolerate bullying when it's kids or even when its high school students. Kids are more messed up now than before. This isn't just putting people in lockers anymore. Bullying can lead to emotional issues, and potentially a student harming themselves.

BUT ANYWAYS! Yeah. GO GIANTS!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't like how Prince reacted, I felt bad, but everything before that seemed like it was ok. Prince wasn't really resisting or kicking his legs. I understand why they did it, Prince never got a chance to be initiated into the NFL.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched the video for the first time.

I felt bad for Prince. From what I know about him, he is a devout christian, and was raised in a very different culture than what most NFL players are raised in. He has probably been taught to turn the other cheek his entire life, not to mention he really can't do anything anyway. I mean, even if he knocked JPP out or kicked him in the ba11s really hard, it would not go over well. JPP is an absolute superstar at the beginning of a career. JPP is untouchable.

Anyway, while I do feel like it is really crappy that the entire team is allowing him to get humiliated, it really is "an in house thing." I would be mad at the guy that posted it.

BTDUB-The kicker (or punter, or whatever the guy is that posted it) should be next. I can't believe he was allowed to video it. He is not even a real football player! If you need to throw people into a tub of water, start with the kickers and punters!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with what happened. I just felt bad cause Prince does not seem like the type of person that does this stuff. After reading my post, I thought "That seems very touchy-feely," I didn't want to say that it was horrible, just that Prince seems like a guy that might not understand this type of thing. Worse stuff than this happens in every preseason, at every level. I know this. I was just trying to say that he seems like the type of guy that would not understand that.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun Rogers might be able to play this year after all!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Shaun Rogers might be able to play this year after all!!!
wait really? Nice!

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
wait really? Nice!
It's a long shot but a possibility. It explains why we still haven't IR'ed him.

Anyone else here going to the Week 1 game against the boys?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

JPP out Friday night with back spasms.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-22-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FROM CARRYING PRINCE LOLZ

whatever, he barely needs preseason, keep him out as much as possible
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Hey I'm just curious to see what you guys feel will be our final 53

QB: Manning, Carr
RB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott
FB: Hynoski
WR: Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Jernigan, Randle, Barden/Stanback
TE: Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson
LT: Locklear, Beatty
LG: Boothe, Mosley
C:Baas
RG:Snee, Petrus
RT: Diehl, Brewer

LE: Tuck, Tracy
DT: Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Hendricks, Austin
RE: Pierre-Paul, Umenyiora
WLB: Boley, Williams
MLB: Herzlich, Blackburn
SLB: Kiwanuka, Rivers, Jones
CB: Webster, Amukamara, Coe, Hosley, Tryon, Molden
S: Phillips, Rolle. Hill

K: Tynes
P: Weatherford
LS: DeOssie

IR: Thomas, Rogers, Trattou, Parker, Douglas(so we can hold on to him)
PUP: Sash, Beckum
PS: Paysinger, Martinek, Collins, Capers, Bing, Marshall, Ojomo, DePalma

Also, doesn't the backup QB not count toward the 53? I thought they made that change

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Paysinger can't go on the practice squad. He was active more than 8 games last year. I'd have him on roster over Jones.

Any player counts towards the 53. I think it's the 3rd QB no longer counts on the inactive list for games.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-22-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i read somewhere that we're gonna keep 8 lb'ers
Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Paysinger can't go on the practice squad. He was active more than 8 games last year. I'd have him on roster over Jones.

Any player counts towards the 53. I think it's the 3rd QB no longer counts on the inactive list for games.
I didn't know about Paysinger, but if the 8 lb's is true, then he'd be on and probably a corner would be off. This would also push for Barden to be cut because we need another ST'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i read somewhere that we're gonna keep 8 lb'ers

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

i think id take molden out and put paysinger in with perriloux going to the PS, but id rather have molden than another linebacker with our luck at CB

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We're not keeping 8 LB's. The guy on giants.com reported that yesterday but it's very very doubtful.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I finally looked over PS Game 2. Some very quick hits:

-Ramses Barden had an awful game. The Jets are his kryptonite. He needs a strong game 3 to make this team. If not, the Barden experiment is over.

-Randle is flashing but he's not quite there just yet. Game 3 is big for determining who that 3rd WR will be.

-Bennett is flashing as a pass catcher, but not consistent. Terrific run blocker.

-Prince looked better, but he also got beat a couple of times but Sanchez and Tebow suck and couldn't identify it.

-DL is unreal.

-We have too many good LBs, it's going to be tough to make a cut here. They're all pretty much the same caliber player. It's almost like flipping a coin on the back end.

-We overrated the back end of our cb depth. Past Hosely, they're all mediocre.

-Brewer is looking better with each game. He's probably not ready this year, but maybe he can become something next year. Petrus looks dominant as usual in the run game, but still kind of sucks in pass pro.

-Locklear doesn't look terrible at LT. Honestly, I don't see how Beatty would be any better.

-Baas actually looks good. It was Snee who was getting his ass kicked in the run game. Along with our left side. Boothe is mediocre, and Locklear is an average run blocker.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

From all account Baas is having a great camp also.

The CB depth is solid but I don't think anyone though the back end guys would turn into a star. They are what they are, good dime CB's who can step up for a game to play nickel if need be.

Barden is a goner I believe unfortunately.

Paysinger and Jones playe specials very well but Paysinger is the better LB which is why I'd keep him.

Bennett is going to have 50 catches this year.

Randle will be the #4 WR to start but by the 2nd half he'll be the guy over Hixon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised they coaches have given Barden this much of a chance as is. Nicks injury should have been a blessing for him and he's done squat with it. Hixon should be running with the first team in Nicks' absence.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm surprised they coaches have given Barden this much of a chance as is. Nicks injury should have been a blessing for him and he's done squat with it. Hixon should be running with the first team in Nicks' absence.
No WR has really stepped up in the games at this point. Camp wise Barden is doing just as well as he always does. There's a disconnect somehwere.

sig by BoneKrusher