Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-28-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me too. Our blitzes start from the 3rd level almost always. Even the LB's will drop back a few steps before they blitz a good half of the time.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 08-28-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garafolo is leaving to go to USA Today. :(

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Nooooo!!

He's the best! BY FAR!

I don't even waste my time with anyone else. ****. I'm stuck with Vachianno now? I guess my man Ohm is gonna have to hold us down. PDot is a little too biased even though he gives us good info.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Plus Dottino doesn't write. He's all radio/TV/Twitter. It sucks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just reading the Why the Bears suck and this just had me in tears:

"Lovie Smith belongs on the bizarro Mount Rushmore of active NFL head coaches (Reid, Turner, Lewis) who are seemingly impervious to unemployment despite their best efforts to **** their own team in the ass on a regular basis. Part of me would like to see the NFL give each team five timeouts per half just so I could see how Lovie wastes them. No one is better at taking a timeout to figure out whether or not he wants to throw a challenge flag on a four-yard completion than Lovie Smith."

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WTF!!! Now I don't have anyone to read Giants news from! Some suggestions please? I used to read Vacchiano, but he's too busy promoting himself and his stupid book. I need good, in-depth practice reports and game reports. this is ******* terrible news.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ohm on ESPNNewYork is probably the best left now. No one gives game reports like Garafolo though.

He'll still be covering the Giants for the USA Today but he's also going to be covering the Jets and Eagles also. He's keeping his SNY gig as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone has left! It's like their success covering our team launches them to national jobs.

Mike G
Aditi K.
Kimberly Jones
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Aditi started as a Rutgers reporter and she was excellent. I saw her on the NFL Network recently.

Kim Jones made her name covering the Yanks more so than the Giants though.

If you're a good writer in the NY/NJ area you're going to get noticed by the major players nationally.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Similar to how any competent Coordinator we have will get at least some HC interviews after a couple of times. Greater exposure leads to more people trying to take you away from the Gmen.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Exactly. I'm guessing Perry will be gone after this year if the D plays as well as it did in the playoffs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aditi started as a Rutgers reporter and she was excellent. I saw her on the NFL Network recently.

Kim Jones made her name covering the Yanks more so than the Giants though.

If you're a good writer in the NY/NJ area you're going to get noticed by the major players nationally.
Yeah I vaguely remember her covering the Yankees now that I think about it. I don't follow baseball or any other sport except NFL. And def. don't like the Yanks or Mets, so I wouldn't see her except for Giants stuff or when she is on the WFAN.

But yeah a good writer covering a major team will get noticed. From a giants fan perspective, all 3 covered the Giants so that's why I said that. I don't really know much of them before they covered our team.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

HAHA funny article!

New York Giants QB Forrest Gump Remarkably Wins a Second Super Bowl

http://www.sportspickle.com/news/986...ond-super-bowl

Quote:
undefined - Image 1
Forrest Gump, the naive, slow-witted, Southern simpleton and starting quarterback of the New York Giants, has accomplished another remarkable feat by winning his second Super Bowl.

"He may not seem like the brightest bulb, but there's a goodness to him," said Giants head coach Tom Coughlin. "And I love him for it. I wish more people were as quote-unquote 'dumb' as he is. The world would be a better place."

Gump was a star football player in the SEC, a war hero, a shrimp fishing company executive and has met two presidents. He also remarkably didn't get AIDS from his whorish longtime love, Jenny. Now he joins a select company of NFL quarterbacks who have won two Super Bowl titles.

"I can't believe we lost twice in the Super Bowl to a goddam ******," said Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.

But it's mean-spirited comments like Belichick's that Gump has let roll off his shoulders, or were simply not heard by his doltish brain, throughout his life.

"My mama Olivia always says: 'Life is like a box of chocolates,'" Gump said on the podium after being named MVP. "I hope this trophy is made of chocolate," he added and then attempted to take a bite, breaking a tooth.

With a talented veteran roster that has won two of the past four Super Bowls, the Giants hope Gump will be back next year to try to repeat. But they never know where their quarterback's remarkable life will take him next.

"You never know with Forrest," says his longtime friend Lieutenant Dan. "His life is like a feather on the wind."

Gump is reportedly considering an offer to mow the grass at a nearby high school for free.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/...of-eli-manning

The Many Faces and Emotions of Eli Manning

http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/...of-eli-manning
Old 08-29-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

NFL.com QB rankings article.

Here are some stats posted on BBI.

109 -- Passing attempts of longer than 20 yards by Eli Manning in 2011, 20 more than the next quarterback in the deep-ball rankings.

88.5 -- Percentage of drop-backs on which Eli Manning was pressured but avoided being sacked, the best escape rate in the league (minimum: 100 pressures).

220 -- League-high number of plays on which Giants linemen allowed such pressure, 15 more than any other team.

All of that gives you even more info on how good Manning was last season, and how bad the offensive line was. It makes the 4,933 yards passing and all of those comebacks seem even more amazing..

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 08-29-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

NFL.com QB rankings article.

Here are some stats posted on BBI.

109 -- Passing attempts of longer than 20 yards by Eli Manning in 2011, 20 more than the next quarterback in the deep-ball rankings.

88.5 -- Percentage of drop-backs on which Eli Manning was pressured but avoided being sacked, the best escape rate in the league (minimum: 100 pressures).

220 -- League-high number of plays on which Giants linemen allowed such pressure, 15 more than any other team.

All of that gives you even more info on how good Manning was last season, and how bad the offensive line was. It makes the 4,933 yards passing and all of those comebacks seem even more amazing..
What the hell? That nfl.com article is a horrible ranking for Eli. Cam better than Eli after one season? Really? I would put Eli before Peyton as of right now as well. Nobody knows how good Peyton will truly be after the neck problems.

Eli-Roethlisberger is an interesting discussion. I would give the nod to Eli, but then again, I'm biased and don't get to see Big Ben as much as Eli.

But Eli should definetly switch places with Cam.

And those stats are indeed remarkable. Shows just how good Eli was last year.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Let everyone keep hating on Eli. As fans we'll just keep laughing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna miss Garafolo's practice reports and game summaries. No beat writer broke down games and practices like he did. He had an understanding of the game that most beat writers don't display. You can tell he either played or coached this game at some point in his career. Not NFL level, but he's definitely a football guy and his insight was great.

And he was the best when it came to knowing inside sources during the draft. He always got us good dirt on who we were interested in prior to draft day.

It's gonna be hard replacing Garafolo. He was hands down our best beat writer.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Can we please get these starters off the field? No need for them to be out there.

And our run blocking blows.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Petrus can't pass protect for ****.

Coughlin said the starters might play a whole quarter which had me surprised. I guess our game is a week from tonight?

Linval, Williams, Rivers, Coe all looking very good so far. Rolle had a very nice open field tackle.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ojomo is our next very good pass rusher! I love this guy's motor and strength.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

WTF was that throw by Eli? Sort of lobbed it carelessly when Cruz was wide open. Oh well, It's preseason.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
WTF was that throw by Eli? Sort of lobbed it carelessly when Cruz was wide open. Oh well, It's preseason.
He read it wrong. Very rare type of mistake from Eli. I also think he going to Unicorn but it just so happened Cruz was wide open in the same area. Mistake from Eli none-the-less.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 08-29-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli hasn't looked too good so far

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Eli hasn't looked too good so far
Cue BBD saying he's worried about Eli.

Just kidding.