Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Cowboys face Tampa this weekend. What did you guys gather from that game. Are they that good or what?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hosley has been activated both games. I bet they keep Prince out for 1 more week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So the Cowboys face Tampa this weekend. What did you guys gather from that game. Are they that good or what?
They're good. They have a fast physical defense, although they lack pass rushers on the edges. They have good LBs who can cover, they attack gaps with their DL, and their secondary is respectable.

On offense they have talent on the outside with Jackson and Williams, and they have a very good OL and run game. We still don't know what Freeman is, the sample size under Schianno is too small.

They won't be a walk in the park. They're a competitive team, physical team, and they're well coached.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hosley has been activated both games. I bet they keep Prince out for 1 more week.
Short week going on the road vs a pretty solid Panthers team scares me a lot.

Steve Smith is another Giant killer. Jackson and Smith back to back with a banged up secondary could be trouble.

And unless our DEs pick it up Cam is gonna be a problem. I can see Fewell playing a lot of contain vs him which would slow down our pass rush even more.

I still remember that abortion of a game plan Fewell had vs Vince Young last year. It disgusted me. He was so concerned about VY scrambling and McCoy finding cutback lanes that he basically eliminated our pass rush completely by design.

I can see him doing that again this week.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uggh I was thinking the same thing. I can see JPP, Tuck, and Osi just holding their spots instead of attacking. Let's hope we get a push up the middle. We should be able to put up lots of points on the D though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-17-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
They're good. They have a fast physical defense, although they lack pass rushers on the edges. They have good LBs who can cover, they attack gaps with their DL, and their secondary is respectable.

On offense they have talent on the outside with Jackson and Williams, and they have a very good OL and run game. We still don't know what Freeman is, the sample size under Schianno is too small.

They won't be a walk in the park. They're a competitive team, physical team, and they're well coached.
Is their secondary really that good? Didn't Eli have a career passing day yesterday? I saw parts of the ending of the game and Eli did look flustered but maybe the stats were misleading since he connected on a couple of deep bombs.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

One INT was Eli throwing way over Cruz's head. The other 2 were pretty good plays by the D. Wright baited Eli into throwing a slant and Wright read it and picked it off.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-17-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of uconn bias: Forenci, Beatty is straight trash.

i'm nervous for this week. Cammy Cam could very easily destroy us. We're gonna need Linval and Rocky to get some big time push. Maybe even see Austin on the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
speaking of uconn bias: Forenci, Beatty is straight trash.

i'm nervous for this week. Cammy Cam could very easily destroy us. We're gonna need Linval and Rocky to get some big time push. Maybe even see Austin on the field.
And like I've said before, I agree, he is. Unlike some people I don't overrate people because they went to the school I root for.

COUGH COUGH.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

name me one player besides Brian Leonard that I've done that too!!!

and Sanu doesn't count, still early, he'll prove the doubters wrong!

WHATEVER I'M NOT ASHAMED OF WHO AND WHAT I AM
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It won't but can you imagine if it did.

Quote:
One final note: With his 713 yards through two games, Manning is on pace to break Drew Brees' single-season passing record of 5,476 yards with set a new mark of 5,704 yards.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm glad this game is on the road Thursday. Hopefully it helps galvanize the team into playing well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Jacquian Williams played much? I wonder if the but Chase on the bench and move Boley over to the middle to help negate Cam on the ground.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Williams had a lot of snaps in the first game but we didn't hear much from him on Sunday. We need Rivers back this game also as he's very quick sideline to sideline. We need that speed in this game with what they're going to throw at us running wise.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Boley in the middle will actually hurt our run defense. He can't shed blocks.

I want Rivers out there instead of Kiwi at SAM, or if we want to go all out run defense, Chase at MIKE, Williams at WILL, and Rivers at SAM.

But that won't happen.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I really thought Kiwi became a very good run stuffer the 2nd half of last year. What changed since then?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He's not a good tackler. I want to see our tackling improve on defense, and the only way to do that is to get players on the field who tackle well. Our entire starting LB core are not good tacklers. That is a big part of why we give up a lot of YAC.

So we need a changing of the guard of sorts in that area. I want to see Herzlich eventually start over Chase, I'd like to see Rivers start (if healthy), and I'd like to see Williams on the field more. Now Boley is going to play all 3 downs this year all year, that won't change bc he's our most proven veteran LB, but next year I wouldn't mind moving on from Boley bc we have young talent that's just as fast as him that's also better at tackling in the run game.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Great defenses tackle well. Look at the Jets, look at the 49ers, they are great tackling defenses.

If you can tackle well on defense, that's 50% of the battle, forget Xs and Os for a second, simply being a great tackling defense alone will go a long way in making your defense a good unit.

We have poor tackling on defense. I'd say our only good tacklers are JPP, Williams, Rivers, Rolle, and KP. That's it. We need to improve in this area.

And the area where tackling matters the most is the LB core. So that's where we should focus on first when it comes to improving our tackling. Look at our tackle numbers over the past 2 games, it's pathetic. The DL outtackles the LB core. Inexcusable.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That's a good point. I wonder if it's something we don't work on as much now because of the practice rules. I suppose not though because we haven't tackled well for a few years now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think teams in general don't practice tackling, so it has to come from the player himself. Good tackling players in college are good tacklers in the pros. Poor tacklers in college are poor in the pros.

So we just have to do a better job of drafting better tacklers.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Kuechly!!! :(

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Kuechly!!! :(
Was my favorite prospect in the draft :(

Once he ran that 4.5 I knew we had no chance of getting him though. I think with the roster overhaul that's due soon, we should be seeing some changes in our tackling moving forward though.

Osi: Will be gone. Can't remember the last time he made a tackle.
Boley: Will probably be gone.
Chase: Gone

Our secondary could see improved tackling when Prince comes back. Hosely could be troublesome here though.

So with those changes, we could see improved tackling.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's scary to see Osi and Tuck dissapear this year so far. Even JPP's sack could have been considered a coverage sack even though he's still playing well. I just don't get it sometimes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i hope chase won't ever be gone. even if he doesnt start. I just love him so much.

also, yeah, we're gonna have a big changing of the guard. Young guys really need to step up. Right now, DE looks like a weakness with how Tuck and Osi are playing. Hopefully tracy and ojomo can be good players for us. Luckily with Williams, we're set with one really good young LBer and we feel that Herz can potentially be the MLB of the future. I just wanna keep Kiwi. Dude is a great guy who is so talented, just wish we didn't jerk him around so much
Quote:
Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Well Osi is gone for sure. But I think we probably extend Tuck. Tuck was never a dominant pass rusher. He was a great run stuffer who can provide solid pass rush off the edge, and great pass rush on the interior.

Fewell doesn't use him as well as he could. Tuck is a significantly better interior pass rusher than edge rusher. Yet Fewell will rush him outside, stand him up and rush him etc. Then take JPP, our best edge rusher, and rush him inside. Makes no sense.

I think the pass rush will improve. As Warren Sapp says, the front and back end work together. Right now the back end is a mess.