Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-21-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This. RG3 is the real deal. Wow. He's gonna terrorize our division in the coming years. I'm very impressed with your offensive scheme. It's very creative. The Skins are a good team, they'll develop into a contender in a couple of years.

I was extremely impressed with Bob. He's gonna be a stud.
Actually I am not impressed with him. More impressed with that system. Just a great job in making it hard to read your keys of run and pass. Every play is hard to distinguish. Heck of a play design by their staff and ballsy play calling. That system scares me. Bob I wasn't impressed with. When shanny retires and if his son goes to another team I want to see bob run a traditional offense. If he does well then kudos to him. I think he is perfect for the current system and made a few good throws bu5 overall I came away unimpressed.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bob has been very impressive but he's still got so much further to go before I start worrying about the Redskins contending for the division.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But he'll adjust too. I'm not saying the redskins are gonna own the division, but Bob is the real deal. Gotta give him credit man. He looks good.
Don't get me wrong he made some great throws and he can obviously run. Like NYG just said though it's the system right now that gives him easy reads on the pass. They don't take many shots and a lot of trouble for us was on quick patterns. He made some big mistakes also as a rookie usually does. I want to see him the second half of the year when teams have more tape on him before I make any sweeping declarations.

Prince was GREAT today. I think they threw at him once and it was incomplete. I know the Redskins don't have much in the WR department but man he took care of business. He actually does remind somewhat of good Webster.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Don't get me wrong he made some great throws and he can obviously run. Like NYG just said though it's the system right now that gives him easy reads on the pass. They don't take many shots and a lot of trouble for us was on quick patterns. He made some big mistakes also as a rookie usually does. I want to see him the second half of the year when teams have more tape on him before I make any sweeping declarations.

Prince was GREAT today. I think they threw at him once and it was incomplete. I know the Redskins don't have much in the WR department but man he took care of business. He actually does remind somewhat of good Webster.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that sees a lot of prime C-Web in Prince. Kid's just blown me away with how well he sticks to NFL receivers, I loved him coming out and he's everything I hoped he'd be when. Just gotta stay healthy now and not become the next Aaron Ross or Terrell Thomas.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-21-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup health is always a prime factor. I also want to see him stick more #1's. Next week against Dallas when he is on Austin or Dez will be telling.

Webster's hammy problem is contributing a lot to his suckiness this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Prince has been fantastic. Him playing well and being healthy gives us options for the draft. If he and Hosley play well we might be able to solve CB via free agency instead of investing a high draft pick.

I mean, you can never have too many CB's, but it lets us move it down a bit on our priority list.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Actually I am not impressed with him. More impressed with that system. Just a great job in making it hard to read your keys of run and pass. Every play is hard to distinguish. Heck of a play design by their staff and ballsy play calling. That system scares me. Bob I wasn't impressed with. When shanny retires and if his son goes to another team I want to see bob run a traditional offense. If he does well then kudos to him. I think he is perfect for the current system and made a few good throws bu5 overall I came away unimpressed.
The Shahanans were pressed to devise a system that would allow them to be competitive and win with a rookie starting QB and not have to play through a rookie QB's mistakes.
As time goes on I suspect the Skins passing offense will resemble more traditional schemes, but it's still going to be very multiple with more than a generous dose of those read option plays.
All any QB can do is be successful in the scheme they're asked to play, so in that sense all NFL QBs are 'system' QBs.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The system is great. I know Bob is gonna have to learn a pro style system eventually but I have no doubt that he'll be fine. He's got all the tools, and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He'll gradually develop those skills while still incorporating some of these concepts as well.

The spread option has a place in the NFL. If you think about it, it's merely an evolution of the wildcat. This is what Bill Parcells envisioned when he drafted Pat White. This is the next stage in the evolution.

I'm shocked that Pistol took this long to make its way to the NFL. It makes perfect sense as a formation in today's passing league. So I don't see this offensive scheme as a gimic that will go away, it will merely evolve with the qb. It's a great scheme, and we can't fault Bob for having the traits necessary to thrive in it.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for the Giants, I want to be critical of the defense but I can't because that offense was so unique it was obvious the Giants had no clue on how to defend it.

But I can critique the tackling. We're not a good tackling defense. That's 50% of the battle on defense. I think the front office needs to make a point of emphasizing tackling skills in their evaluations moving forward, because I think tackling isn't really taught at the pro level so they need those skills at the college level and carry them over.

We're ranked in the middle of the pack on defense, and thats accurate. Btw our injuries, poor coordination, and poor tackling we leave a lot of plays on the field. I think Fewell refuses to be aggressive on defense bc of our injuries in the secondary. And I don't necessarily blame him for it. Look, the one time we blitz RG3 he hits Moss up top for what should have been the game winning TD. Our DBs can't be trusted 1 on 1 right now (outside of Prince who's been stellar thus far).

We need some fresh blood along the DL too.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was more impressed with that RB on the Foreskins. He does not go down and always keeps his legs moving. Carries guys an additional 2-3 yards on every play. But he seemed to tire. In the 4th quarter he was going down a ton easier.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Their run game as a whole is impressive. That's a good offensive football team. They don't have any weapons on the outside but they'll get them over time. Their OL is good, Shanny knows how to find RBs, they finally have a qb.

They average 30 points a game. That's impressive for what they have at the skill positions.

They're on the come up. They won't be doormats for much longer. I think Philly is gonna take a step back. I think the Redskins will be a tough battle from now on. They're not gonna be that guaranteed W anymore.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They're on the come up. They won't be doormats for much longer. I think Philly is gonna take a step back. I think the Redskins will be a tough battle from now on. They're not gonna be that guaranteed W anymore.
They never were when we consistently played down to them. Todd freaking Collins.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

For some reason Eli always plays bad against the Skins. If you look at his numbers compared against the Eagles and Cowboys and then the Skins there is a night and day difference.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He did enough to win yesterday. That's all I care about. Not his best performance, but it feels good that if we have the ball in his hands with the game on the line, we're gonna win more often than not.

We just have to keep games close and let him close it out at the end. That's the blueprint for us.

If its close going into the 4th quarter, I expect to win.

But I want to see more out of this defense. I just don't like the bend but don't break style. Hopefully once our DBs get healthy we can be more aggressive.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
For some reason Eli always plays bad against the Skins. If you look at his numbers compared against the Eagles and Cowboys and then the Skins there is a night and day difference.
It's cause the Redskins are never in big games, so his talent knows performing well against them can't be clutch.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
He did enough to win yesterday. That's all I care about. Not his best performance, but it feels good that if we have the ball in his hands with the game on the line, we're gonna win more often than not.

We just have to keep games close and let him close it out at the end. That's the blueprint for us.

If its close going into the 4th quarter, I expect to win.

But I want to see more out of this defense. I just don't like the bend but don't break style. Hopefully once our DBs get healthy we can be more aggressive.
The secondary is healthy now besides Phillips. Brown had played del though in his absence. Webster's hammy is probably going to be an issue for another few weeks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's the thing. Webster's hammy and KP. Fewell doesn't like blitzing if he doesn't have KP in the post, and he likes putting Web on an island when he blitzes and can't trust him right now.

So he's not going to adjust until guys get healthy. He doesn't trust Prince enough yet to make him the island guy. And with the miscommunication vs Cleveland taht led to the TD, I don't think he trusts our safeties back there without KP either, and I don't particularly blame him for that.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think part of the game plan yesterday was to let them run but keep everything in front of them. Besides the TD to Moss there was nothing down field and that's how Fewell likes it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah. We're a Cover 2 defense. Fewell wants to play bend but don't break. I hate that style, but it is what it is. That's what he runs. That's what we've become.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty's play of late may mean OT isn't as big of a need. I mean, Locklear/DD long term isn't good, but a run blocking RT can be found later I believe. A playmaker at LB would be swell, but no MLB's are really catching my eye. I love the DL depth in this draft though, that'd be cool to nab some guys. The big run stuffer Short from Purdue is pretty kewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

To be fair to Fewell, as much as I hate that style, we did hold them to 13 points for most of the game before Eli turned it over.

But to counter that, they shot themselves in the foot twice that negated TDs. One with the "legwhip" that I didn't see. The other with the illegal procedure that I also didn't see. That's a 14 point swing on what were 2 questionable calls.

Plus the turnovers we created helped, but how often can you rely on that?

The end result is what matters, and I'm glad for the W. But I just hope we fine tune some things for Dallas.

I'm loving Unicorn btw. That is looking to be a steal. We stole him. I loved Bradshaw's demeanor too. He was clearly not happy with our effort and was trying to kickstart guys and firing them up. This team man, they just don't get up for lesser opponents. I was glad to see Bradshaw not happy about that and letting his teammates know about it.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people are calling bradshaw out for yelling at TC but **** it. he was fired up. TC was fired up. I don't like players talking back or yelling at coaches, but it seemed like a heat of the moment thing and they seem fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
people are calling bradshaw out for yelling at TC but **** it. he was fired up. TC was fired up. I don't like players talking back or yelling at coaches, but it seemed like a heat of the moment thing and they seem fine
I don't think Coughlin cares either. Bradshaw is one of his favorites. Always has been.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah it's not an issue at all.

I like to see some emotion on the sideline. Not everyone can be Eli. Our nonchalant coolness is good in the sense that it really helps us win close games, but it also hurts us in the sense that this team doesn't get up for easy opponents bc of the nonchalant attitude.