Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-17-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He tries too hard. 9 time out of 10 the fumbles occur on him giving that second effort for an extra half yard to a yard. He can't help himself.
That's the thing though, we have to accept that out of him. That extra fight is the reason why he's a good RB, but that extra fight also leads to fumbles. You get the good with the bad with him.

So is his production enough to warrant his fumbling issues? I'm not sure if it is. Ok fine, so he's better than Jacobs. Big deal. Why does that mean we have to sign him back? Why not draft a guy to replace him that's better than both of them?

None of us can guarantee that he fixes this fumbling issue, which is why I'm cautious about extending him.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
They're always up to no good. Like rooting for the Cowboys.

It isn't rocket science. The coaching staff has been preaching "high and tight" to him all season, and he still held it like a loaf of bread. Jacobs held it high and tight, Tiki did under Coughlin, Bradshaw has been under Coughlin for 4 years now and he still can't figure it out?
No, but football players are not that smart.. This is at all levels. Trust me, if you actually hear the grades of some of these guys, at any level, mainly HS, and college, you'd be VERY surprised.

C
D
F
F
D
C
D
F
D

After a while you wonder, if school is getting in the way of football. So nothing surprised me of that stand point after witnessing this with my own two eyes.

He does that and it hurts his style. I guess.. What's funny is people rip Bradshaw, and meanwhile are on their knees blowing Hillis and he has MORE fumbles than Bradshaw!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh trust me. I know athletes are stupid. I'm surprised more people don't know this.

That's why I'm against paying college athletes. 90% of em don't make it to the next level, yet all of them get a free ride and high gpa at a college that they can take with them like the rest of us.

And half of em can't spell their name right. I have no sympathy for the college athlete. They get away with murder.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the fumbles will go down this year. We need to keep Bradshaw around. He has improved immensely in pass protection also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

I love Bradshaw and support him, BUT he fumbles too much. I love and appreciate the way he runs the rock especially since our run blocking was very inconsistent the entire yr, and Bradshaw got most of those 1200 rushing yds on effort and determination.

However, he needs to be more patient running the rock, work on his securing receptions without thinking about YAC, he's been under the knife a bit too much and he's only 24. I believe we need to have more foresight ala Patriots and not resign certain players. Or for that matter trade players before they start going downhill production wise or leave via Free Agency. Of course this is not absolute across the board, but I think this is a tactic that the Giants brass need to implement more. IMO, I feel loyalty clouds their judgment sometimes especially with draft picks (ie Wilkerson, Moss, Kehl, Whimper) As for Bradshaw, I think we should think HARD about resigning him or letting him walk.

Its time to release Jacobs, we got all we needed from him and its time to move on. He's getting a good chuck of cash while he can't catch the out the backfield and doesn't run downhill 100% of the time.

I'll consider starting with entire new backfield or just resigning Bradshaw and getting another running partner.

Here are combinations I would be very pleased to have suit up for us in '11 and beyond:

Option A:Resign Bradshaw and draft one of these:
1. Leshore 5-11, 230 (IMO, the most complete back, the only issue he ran the rock out of a spread offense so it might take him some time to adjust to running out of pro sets)

2. Daniel Thomas 6-1, 230 Kansas St (The only thing I don't like about him is that he runs upright, but excluding that he has nice upside at the next level and good hands for a big back.)

3. Jamie Harper 5-11, 235 Clemson (has all the tools, just needs some good NFL caliber positional coaching.)

4. Alex Green 6-0 230 Hawaii (Very intriguing prospect)

5. Delonte Carter 5-9 225 Syracuse (Some injury concerns here, but a nice under the radar prospect)

Option B: Sign Michael Bush from the Raiders and draft one of these:

1. Shane Vereen 5-10, 205 CAL (Has surprising power for his size, one of the best 3rd down backs in this draft, excellent hands and will contribute on returning kicks.)

2. Derrick Locke 5-8, 185 Kentucky (The game changing ability that he presents is salivating, this is the type of player that can win you a game or two a season, all he needs to get is 12-15 touches through special teams, receiving and rushing. If you seen him run the ball you be surprised the BURST and decisiveness which he displays )

3. Craig Cooper 5-10, 205 THE U (Will contribute on special teams from day one and has good hands, wherever he goes in the draft hes going to be steal)

We must release Jacobs. The bottom line we need to address the RB position, I know we have other needs, but this should be on the list, if we can snatch someone with good hands and can contribute in our return game from day 1 I'll be happy and I'm not opposed to getting two backs in this draft my ideal combination would be either Daniel Thomas & Derrick Locke or Alex Green & Cooper. Any thoughts and comments please share.

Last edited by DOMINATEtheline : 02-17-2011 at 11:12 AM.
DOMINATEtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Michael Bush is an interesting option. RBs are dime a dozen though, I say we just draft one.

I was bored and was watching Giants highlights on youtube. Our defense is nasty when we zone blitz or play man. Goddammit Fewell...

Oh and JPP, I'm excited about him. I almost forgot how much promise he shown me last year. The guy is really going to be something if he just continues to work hard and absorb the defense and get reps in TC.

I'm ticked off that the Eagles got Washburn. Can you imagine what Washburn would've done with JPP?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradshaw and LeShoure is what I want

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I watch Jacobs play the more I want that "bigback" project to end. I also want that very fast back. I wouldn't mind drafting noel D. later in the draft as the scat back. If we can get our OL to god like status, divine on his own can get a lot of yards. Jacobs has positive qualities, however, he needs the perfect OL to be good. I can also can't stand how he gets tripped up so easily. The guy has zero balance. I cant stand that aspect of his game. A big hole, he runs through it, and he looks like a crashing train rather than a back who is somewhat agile.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Quote:
Michael Bush is an interesting option. RBs are dime a dozen though, I say we just draft one.

I was bored and was watching Giants highlights on youtube. Our defense is nasty when we zone blitz or play man. Goddammit Fewell...

Oh and JPP, I'm excited about him. I almost forgot how much promise he shown me last year. The guy is really going to be something if he just continues to work hard and absorb the defense and get reps in TC.

I'm ticked off that the Eagles got Washburn. Can you imagine what Washburn would've done with JPP?
Man, my pride and joy is our Defense and we have a coordinator thats not utilizing our CBs to their strengths! Its frustrating, Thomas was exposed greatly this yr because he's in zone coverage!!! Hes one of the best upcoming press corners in the NFL and he's playing zone! I don't understand.

JPP- I went to training camp last yr and I watched him exclusively, Reese really nailed this one. Man if he would of went back last yr and come out this yr he would of been a top 5 pick! He's phenomenal and he hustles! Once he gets his technique down pat and the game starts slowing down for him...LOOK OUT! He flashed last yr as a wide eye rookie! smh

Washburn- Look what he did with the titans front 4 and none of those guys have the athleticism that JPP has. Excellent hire by the Eagles.
james
Old 02-17-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Bradshaw and LeShoure is what I want
You will have no complaints from me if thats our backfield moving forward. That one two punch should be deadly! I saw you picked Leshoure up in a forum mock! Good job, in round 2 now thats good value!

Last edited by DOMINATEtheline : 02-17-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BRADSHAW OUR #1 PRIORITY

Old 02-17-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not surprised by that at all. it actually seems like we're focusing on him, will quietly work with smith and boss, and it seems we're going to let cofield go. which would be a damn shame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not too worried about Coffield. Think about it guys, he was glaringly mediocre his whole time here, then all of a sudden in his contract year he's a beast? Doesn't that scare any of you?

And doesn't it scare anybody that the team knew full well prior to this year that they had no intention of resigning him and even tried trading him during the draft?

I love his durability and I love how reliable he was, but I worry that his sudden emergence during a contract year is a dangerous sign. I'd resign him, but only for the right price.

Of course, if there's no salary cap, then I could care less about how much we pay him. Break the bank for all I care, it's not my money. I'd want him back with no salary cap.

But with a cap, he's not worth the money he'll command. Remember, he's askign for a lot of money. The only reason why he didn't get traded for NO's 2nd last year (dammit!) was bc they couldn't agree on a contract. He wanted a lot more than they were willing to give him.

So make no mistake, Coffield wants to get paid. The only way I see us agreeing to that is if there's no cap. With a cap, he's just not worth the money he'll command.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 02-18-2011 at 07:26 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually fine with letting Cofield walk as long as we replace him with a DT in the first 3 rounds of this draft. The talent would be comparbale and it would be much more cost effective if there is a return to the cap.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm actually fine with letting Cofield walk as long as we replace him with a DT in the first 3 rounds of this draft. The talent would be comparbale and it would be much more cost effective if there is a return to the cap.
Ageed, Joseph should be in line for a bigger role as well.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

I agree, Cofield is an above average 4-3 DT and hustles; however, he's not a game changing DT. I appreciate his contribution to our Defense, but its time to move on. I believe sometimes we get enamored with players and are blinded by our loyalty, it took me some time for me to understand this, we need to reload and move on. Man if we would of pulled that trade with the saints I would been ecstatic! Just cause Joseph didn't see the field last yr doesn't make him chop liver, we talking about 6-4 320-325lbs with long arms, as long as he plays with leverage and with low pad level he's going to do some damage. Damn would of loved Jim Washburn to tutor Joseph!

Last edited by DOMINATEtheline : 02-18-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I was fortunate enough to get to see the Giants preseason games again. My cousin DVR'd all the games and burned it on a DVD for me.

So I went back and watched them again, bc it's really the only time you get to see our rookies play. And maaan, I tell you what, I know I've said this before, but I didn't really realize how good I think Mich Petrus is going to be until I saw him again in more detail.

He's going to be very good. Koets looked great too. Of course, we won't know what Koets looks like bc of the ACL this year, but I think Petrus and Koets (if healthy) are 2 young building blocks along the oline that we can really hang our hat on.

I'm not sure how the front office feels about them, but I would be very comfortable with those 2 at LG and C moving forward if Koets can recover from his ACL.

Beatty looked terrible. I think we all saw that. But this makes me wonder, with Petrus looking so good and Koets having promise, do the Giants feel we need to overhaul the oline the same way us fans do?

What if the front office feels Beatty will make the jump next year? And what if they believe in Mich and Koets?

We could see a line like this:

LT Beatty
LG Petrus
C Koets
RG Snee
RT Diehl

While that might not look like a sexy oline, our oline was never a sexy group with big names.

Maybe they feel comfortable with this group. I don't know. Something to think about.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I share in your Petrus love, however I am not sold on Koets and after the ACL even less so. I think Koets is a decent back-up option, nothing more nothing less.

I do not know what to make of Beatty, but regardless of whether or not he is our future LT, I still want a first round Tackle, someone who can play both LT and RT so if Beatty does pan out we have our RT if he doesn't we have our LT. Thats why I'd love Carimi because even if he doesn't pan out at LT he has the makings of a very good RT, and he fits the Giants lunch pail linemen.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah I'm cautious about Koets. I didn't like him at all coming into the season, in fact I thought we should cut him, but then he surprised me during the season.

Koets is never going to be a great Center. But can he be a Shaun O'Hara? Is that good enough or do we go after a real Center?

I just don't know how the front office views it. Me personally, I want us to focus on linebackers in the draft and if we can grab a Carimi in the 1st I'd be ok with that too.

I want a Center too, but with our holes at linebacker, maybe we should roll the dice for another year. I don't know.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want a Center too, but with our holes at linebacker, maybe we should roll the dice for another year. I don't know.
This kind of brings up our drafts of the last few years.

Our overall team talent is very high with capable players in every position.

The problem with that, is the only way to upgrade these players is with elite talent. IMO if we can't get a first or second rounder at LB or C, we are not expecting them to be a starter down the line because there just isn't enough PT available to let them develop.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love a first round linebacker but I don't value any LB highly enough for the #19 pick, other than Von Miller of course but that ain't happening. Mason Foster is the closest after that but I still wouldn't spend a 1st on him. This team really does need an impact backer, and thankfully those can be had in the 2nd round (David Harris, Curtis Lofton, Jon Beason, and so many more) I think we have a myriad of options at the 19 spot in the 2nd round with Martez Wilson, Bruce Carter, Quan Sturvidant, Nate Irving and Kelvin Sheppard.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 02-22-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Here's our dilemma with linebackers. There is no one worth spending the 19th pick on, but at the same time, there are impact players we can draft, they just happen to have early/mid 2nd round grades on em.

The problem is, if we pass on LB in the 1st, the 2 guys I feel are impact players that can deliver for us at LB (Foster and Irving) probably won't be around when we're up at bat in the 2nd.

So what do we do? A move back sounds most logical, but it's not Reese's MO.

Center is another position that doesn't add up value wise at 19. So again, a move back sounds logical.

The only position of need that is worth a top 19 pick at this point is OT. Even DT yields better value later on.

I'm willing to reach for a LB if push comes to shove. I just want a LB bad.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

In an unrelated note, does anyone else think Kiwi's career is over?

I hope not, bc he's a great guy and he was finally turning the corner. He was gonna be a monster this year. But if I had to guess, I think his career is over.

Neck injuries are tough to come back from, and even after the season was over it was reported that he still wasn't recovered from that neck.

It's a shame, I really liked the guy. He was everything you wanted in a player. Great character, worked hard, team player, never complained, smart, productive, versatile, and early on this year he was becoming a more vocal leader.

Unfortunately for us, I don't see him being in our long term plans, whether he's healed up or not.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Well Reese is going to give him that one year deal to prove himself, and honestly that may be his best option coming back from that injury. I always liked him, and he was a solid player, I hope he can pull through and continue on as a rotational DE for us. Moreover, if Kiwi is there maybe it lets fewell get more creative and allow Tuck to line-up at DT sometimes for that awesome interior pass rush that has been under-utilized by Fewell.

I remember people bashing me for trading a 2nd for him when I was the Jets in the forum mock last year, I just knew that this year he was going to break out and he could be great as a 3-4 OLB. It is really unfortunate this happened to him.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Vikings tagged Greenway