Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-27-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Abrams will figure it out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will be a test for him. I can't remember a season recently where 13 FAs were there for us, and "bad" contracts now looming over us.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NYG, you always complain about us not putting resources into your offense, but last time I checked, you have a very expensive OL.

And when we're done paying Cruz and Nicks, a very expensive offense in general.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
NYG, you always complain about us not putting resources into your offense, but last time I checked, you have a very expensive OL.

And when we're done paying Cruz and Nicks, a very expensive offense in general.
So expensive = ensures quality? Well, let's be done with those contracts and take it from there.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So where are we?

LT: Beatty
LG: ???
C: Baas
RG: Snee (isn't he getting cut?)
RT: ????

Diehl is 100% gone, right?

I see McCants, Mosely, Capers, and Brewer but can any of those guys actually start next year?

Who am I missing?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So where are we?

LG: ???
RG: Snee (isn't he getting cut?)
RT: ????

Diehl is 100% gone, right?

I see McCants, Mosely, Capers, and Brewer but can any of those guys actually start next year?

Who am I missing?
Snee won't get cut, and we probably keep Boothe who played LG last season a lot. As for RT, I am sure we hire a vet in FA but its make or break for James Brewer.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Brewer looks to be the guy at RT unless we draft someone and they compete. The rest we are not sure about. On a different note, Guy whimper just got released.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
So expensive = ensures quality? Well, let's be done with those contracts and take it from there.
No it doesn't. But when you have money tied to your side of the ball the way you do, you can't keep adding resources to that side. You have to let the $ earn their pay check.

Your offense is 60% of our team cap before this signing. Probably up to 65% now. With Cruz and Nicks and possibly Bennett coming up it would not surprise me if 70% of our yearly cap is dedicated to the offense.

So if we go defense 7 rounds straight, I don't want to hear it.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Brewer looks to be the guy at RT unless we draft someone and they compete. The rest we are not sure about. On a different note, Guy whimper just got released.
I would actually love Whimper back. He's a pretty decent RT. We should have never let him go.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Whimper back also for RT. Get it done.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He'd be such a typical Reese signing too. He'd be cheap and productive.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
No it doesn't. But when you have money tied to your side of the ball the way you do, you can't keep adding resources to that side. You have to let the $ earn their pay check.

Your offense is 60% of our team cap before this signing. Probably up to 65% now. With Cruz and Nicks and possibly Bennett coming up it would not surprise me if 70% of our yearly cap is dedicated to the offense.

So if we go defense 7 rounds straight, I don't want to hear it.
True, and if they don't I'd be the first guy to say something. Snee will be on notice at his age, and coming back from surgery. Same with China.. Err.. Baas and his surgery according to Coughlin. They need to step up! Plain and simple. If not, I will say something.

Let's see first who gets re-signed, let go, and extended. Then we can re-evaluate. The offense is our driving force.

We can go defense as many rounds we want. Fewell will find a way to mess it up. Then you will hear me, that I promise you, my friend, BBD.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I would actually love Whimper back. He's a pretty decent RT. We should have never let him go.
No we shouldn't have. I think he would have developed further actually. I am not sure how he played for the Jags. I want to see he was pretty awful, so bringing him back may be tough. But not 100% sure. The question is who can be better Brewer or Whimper? I would give Brewer a shot to win it.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So

LG: Boothe
RG: Snee
RT: Brewer

With a possible upgrade at RT in the draft or Whimper?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
True, and if they don't I'd be the first guy to say something. Snee will be on notice at his age, and coming back from surgery. Same with China.. Err.. Baas and his surgery according to Coughlin. They need to step up! Plain and simple. If not, I will say something.

Let's see first who gets re-signed, let go, and extended. Then we can re-evaluate. The offense is our driving force.

We can go defense as many rounds we want. Fewell will find a way to mess it up. Then you will hear me, that I promise you, my friend, BBD.
Look at it this way, those players we draft will be around for 4 years at least. Fewell is on the last year of his contract. So if he screws it up, big deal. He's fired and or not renewed. But those players will remain and can be utilized by the next coach.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So

LG: Boothe
RG: Snee
RT: Brewer

With a possible upgrade at RT in the draft or Whimper?
For now I can see that yes. But we may lose Boothe, you never know. And we may draft someone too, that's always a possibility.

OT and OG are still needs entering FA and the draft. This signing doesn't change that.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
No we shouldn't have. I think he would have developed further actually. I am not sure how he played for the Jags. I want to see he was pretty awful, so bringing him back may be tough. But not 100% sure. The question is who can be better Brewer or Whimper? I would give Brewer a shot to win it.
To be honest, I felt that Whimper shown me more than Brewer ever has. I just don't see it with Brewer. I hope I'm wrong, but he's never done anything to make me think he can be a solution at RT
Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Look at it this way, those players we draft will be around for 4 years at least. Fewell is on the last year of his contract. So if he screws it up, big deal. He's fired and or not renewed. But those players will remain and can be utilized by the next coach.
Good then! Let's hope he leaves and I can expect more from that side of the ball. Right now, I have zero faith in fewell and that side off the ball. Are you surprised Spags is still unemployed? That surprises me a lot.

Quote:
To be honest, I felt that Whimper shown me more than Brewer ever has. I just don't see it with Brewer. I hope I'm wrong, but he's never done anything to make me think he can be a solution at RT
I want give him a shot at it. If he fails then, we need to sign a cheap FA. Either way, depth is going to be an issue at OL with these guys. 2 of them are coming back from surgery.

I actually like the idea of Cooper as our LG. Not sure if it happens but he is athletic enough to pull and run G and counter G.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
That is quite reasonable.

That is very similar to Chris Snee's contract and maybe McKenzies as well.

I'll check the numbers later
Beatty's contract is very reasonable.

Compare it to the deal Chris Snee signed in 2008

Total value of $41.25 million without escalators. With escalators, the max value of the deal is $43.5 million.

13.5-million signing bonus.
Base salary average of $6.875 million.
$17 million guaranteed.
$23 million in the first three years of the contract.

McKenzie's deal (signed 2005) was seven-year contract worth $37.75 million and the deal includes a $12.5 million signing bonus

Beatty: $7.5m per year ave
Snee (2008): $7.25m per year ave

So Beatty's deal for a LT is comparable or less than what we signed a guard 5 years ago.

also the franchise number for a left tackle is expected to be around $9.66m

nice work Mr Reese

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-27-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Abrams is the contract/cap guy. Props to him. Glad he is here and didn't leave.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whimper'd be a fine signing because he could be a swing backup tackle if he loses out to brewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Sign Whimper and Locklear. Have the 3 compete for RT in the offseason. Draft a developmental RT for NYG in round 5 just in case.

Boom. Problem solved as far as I'm concerned.

I'm curious to see if Mosely can step up at LG. How sweet would it be if these developmental OL actually start developing? Beatty seems to have made it. Maybe we can hope for another guy to emerge.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Take that "developmental" pick which I just looooooveeeeee and use it on lattimore! Yippeee!

And yes I would be VERY happy! Same with our defensive guys in Ojomo and Tracey and the other DE Tratrou.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
What you donít want to do is put a rookie quarterback behind a line that features Guy Whimper.

Understandably, there are a lot of fingers being pointed at Blaine Gabbert for what has been a very disappointing rookie year. Gabbertís poor play does come with a caveat -- he has Whimper lined up at right tackle in front of him.

By Under Pressureís count, Whimper leads the league with 12.5 sacks allowed. Eight of those sacks have come when Whimperís man wrapped up Gabbert less than three seconds after the snap.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/und...essure-whimper
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, Blaine Gabbert is one of the worst QB's in the NFL at dealing with pressure.