Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Are you going to cry?
Well when we signed Buehler I figured he would be gone anyway. He got us to 2 SB's and made mostly every kick from 0-50. He was a good Giant. I do like Brown a good deal though so I'm happy with this switch.

You must have done a David Wilson backflip.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not thrilled about Josh Brown. But, I'm glad we are moving on from Tynes.

Brown looks like he has spent the better part of the last two seasons without a job.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LB Jasper Brinkley visiting the Giants today. Supposed to be a good run stuffer which is what we need.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
LB Jasper Brinkley visiting the Giants today. Supposed to be a good run stuffer which is what we need.
Loved Brinkley is college. But he's barely played in the NFL. And apparently is dumb as ****.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stuff on BBI

Quote:
just passing along a little whisper I was told today

Cruz' previous agent, Shareef, was shooting for the moon on this contract, that he not only turned off the Giants, but other teams as well, to the point that no one was even considering him, with the money he wanted and giving up a first round pick. The market isn't as strong out there so the money wasn't going to happen at the rate Shareef was floating at. Cruz's market shrunk and now he's going to come back to the Giants at closer the rates they put on the table originally as teams feel that they are wasting their time with the first rounder and the Giants can just match. Condon was hired since the open market plan didn't work and now he wants the best deal he can get with the Giants and Condon was the best guy to do it. As it was put to me, Cruz got bruised on the open market and will sign for less than he wanted with the Giants. Hence Shareef getting shown the door. We'll see if that is the case soon enough I guess.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some coaching moves

The New York Giants announced Wednesday, March 14, Lunda Wells has been named assistant offensive line coach. Ryan Roeder has also been named an offensive assistant, and Robbie Leonard named a defensive assistant.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz2NRdE1nLS
Big_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'm not thrilled about Josh Brown. But, I'm glad we are moving on from Tynes.

Brown looks like he has spent the better part of the last two seasons without a job.
You complain all the time you want a guy with a big leg and now we have one with a good track record and you don't like it?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
You complain all the time you want a guy with a big leg and now we have one with a good track record and you don't like it?
To be honest I'm not sure about Brown? Does he still have a big leg? I don't know. Why didn't he have a job last year? He's several years removed from when he was great in Seattle.

I'd like to bring in the best rookie FA or 7th round pick we can find to compete with him.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
To be honest I'm not sure about Brown? Does he still have a big leg? I don't know. Why didn't he have a job last year? He's several years removed from when he was great in Seattle.

I'd like to bring in the best rookie FA or 7th round pick we can find to compete with him.
I'm not sure what happened last year but he did really in the 4 games he kicked in. 8-9 for the year. 2-2 from 40-49 and 1-2 from 50+. Maybe he had an injury that kept him out and he wasn't fully healthy until late?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I'm not sure what happened last year but he did really in the 4 games he kicked in. 8-9 for the year. 2-2 from 40-49 and 1-2 from 50+. Maybe he had an injury that kept him out and he wasn't fully healthy until late?
No clue. I'm just not overwhelmed. If this was 4 years ago, I'd be thrilled. I'd just hate to hand him the job. Cut Beuhler and bring in a young leg to compete with him.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Spags signed on any staff yet or is he taking a year off?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Has Spags signed on any staff yet or is he taking a year off?
I haven't heard his name anywhere so I'm assuming at this point he'll be taking the year off.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I thought so, but I wasn't sure if he signed or not. Has there been any reported offers to KP? I haven't seen any other things that said teams were interested in him.

Broncos close to signing Welker.

Adam Schefter tweet just now

If that happens I wonder if the Pats go after Cruz.

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 03-13-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Phillips hasn't been mentioned yet but a lot of the time you have to wait for the top player at that position to sign so there is a starting off point on the money. When Goldson and Reed finally sign the other players will start to go.

Apparently the Pats refuse to deal with Condon so that may keep the Pats away from Cruz.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Phillips hasn't been mentioned yet but a lot of the time you have to wait for the top player at that position to sign so there is a starting off point on the money. When Goldson and Reed finally sign the other players will start to go.

Apparently the Pats refuse to deal with Condon so that may keep the Pats away from Cruz.
Yeah but if he is as good or as solid as Giants fans make him out to be then at least you'd hear a lot about him. However, I think our fan base has over rated him, and I believe that knee is an issue too. It's a degenerative condition, so it's not getting any better.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think we overrate him at all. He's still a top 5 S on the market talent wise but as you just said yourself teams are probably worried about his knee. Most sports websites had him as a top FA as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think we overrate him at all. He's still a top 5 S on the market talent wise but as you just said yourself teams are probably worried about his knee. Most sports websites had him as a top FA as well.
I think the knee is an issue, and one of the reasons why I wanted to move on. I do think if he was as good as giants fans think he is, then teams might roll the dice early on. However, I think while he is a good safety, we think of him as something more. Factored in with a leg, and right now he is not getting any attention.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He's getting attention but these beat guys can only spread themself so far. Like I said they're more worried about the Goldson's and Reed's of the world. We'll likely hear something about Phillips sooner rather than later.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not thrilled on Brinkley unless he is real cheap.

We don't need a run stuffer, we need an all around MLB with coverage ability.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I thought so, but I wasn't sure if he signed or not. Has there been any reported offers to KP? I haven't seen any other things that said teams were interested in him.

Broncos close to signing Welker.

Adam Schefter tweet just now

If that happens I wonder if the Pats go after Cruz.
They're much more likely to go after Amendola

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well they just made the golden boy, Brady, beyond mad. Haha guy takes a home town discount, and they go and do that. They better do something to get his mind right, otherwise if he goes to the media to vent, he can make put the pats in a bad situation where he is very, very unhappy.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Hehe poor Brady!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm not happy that Welker left NE. I always had a bad feeling that NE would go after Cruz bc it makes perfect sense for them to do so, and now with Brady getting upset they might make a move. Let's hope they grab Amendola.

And 2 years 12 million?! Shoot, we should have signed him for that price!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

New England are reluctant to work with Tom Condon, so that may help the Cruz situation.

It all depends on what happens with the trades and cap room.

I wouldn't be surprised if NYJ makes a play for Cruz once the Revis trade eventuates, Tampa Bay is reportedly top of the list.

Cruz is popular in NY and complements Holmes and Hill quite well. Cruz is a good team mate and will be affordable (compared to Revis).

I think of the Jets can turn Revis into Cruz and a draft pick, their fans would be quite happy.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
They're much more likely to go after Amendola
Pats signed Amendola, 5 years, $31m, $10m guaranteed