Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-15-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR Louis Murphy visiting the Giants today. I like him so I hope this gets done.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suck is harsh. I'm just bitter about Kenny.

I do think Will Hill has potential to be better than him though. I like Hill. As a player. Turd human being but he's got potential as a player.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Kenny is already gone. To Philly of all places yuck.
Lame, **** like this is why I hate paying attention in the offseason. Hopefully it's like the Steve Smith to philly thing where he's no longer physically capable of playing to his own level and that's why we let him go, cause Kenny's arguably the best deep safety in the league not named Earl Thomas.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Murphy too. 4th wr, 3rd if we lose Cruz. CAN WE PLEASE HELP THIS DEFENSE THOUGH?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I do think Will Hill has potential to be better than him though. I like Hill. As a player. Turd human being but he's got potential as a player.
Hill has supposedly really turned his life around also which is why I'm rooting for him to do well. He was one of the biggest turds of a human in HS and College though from everything you hear. He has the potential to be a very good S in the league.

Brown as a 3rd S I'm fine with. Like I already said he won't come close to replicating last year but in Fewell's system I hope he can look somewhat similar.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I like Murphy too. 4th wr, 3rd if we lose Cruz. CAN WE PLEASE HELP THIS DEFENSE THOUGH?
Murphy can definitely replace Hixon/Barden. It'd be a very good move.

We do need lots of defensive help. Maybe we fill our depth in FA on O and then for the draft we just go all D? It looks like we're going with pretty much the same OL except for maybe a new backup or two.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I figured youd be upset. You really liked him a lot. It's only a one year deal which tells me the knee is an issue. Thats probably why he had limited interest on the market. Ifhe is as good as our fan base makes him out to be.he.certainly would have gotten a multi year deal since.he is young. That knee is a huge red flag.

Lets see what Hill can do now.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** it, murphy becomes our 3. Randle our 2. Extend Nicks. Get a pick for Cruz. Draft Carradine and Trufant in the 1st. 2nd and 3rd rounds go LB/S. Use money we saved with Cruz to keep Boothe. Draft OL 4th round. Extend Nicks and JPP.

boom.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God that would bother me. And no more stupid raw developmental OL. Thats a kick in thr nuts for the fun of it.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
God that would bother me. And no more stupid raw developmental OL. Thats a kick in thr nuts for the fun of it.
i'm sick of the "this guy was a tight end for his whole life but has been a tackle at this mediocre D-1 program for 1.5 years, let's mold him!"

I'm talking a solid guard/ricky wagner type of guy.
Quote:
Old 03-15-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ross got the vet minimum to come back here. Great great job by Reese on this one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Why was Ross let go? He got more money and left or he stunk?
Old 03-15-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Why was Ross let go? He got more money and left or he stunk?
He stunk for them apparently. Was demoted to nickel CB I believe. That's not a big deal for us because we're only looking for him to be a 4th/5th CB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

My bad I re-read it. I mean why was he let go from us originally? Because of stunk for us, or did he want more money and Reese let him go?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
My bad I re-read it. I mean why was he let go from us originally? Because of stunk for us, or did he want more money and Reese let him go?
Jax offered more money. You know Reese sets his price and if another team offers more then sayonara.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been on spring break so I'm just sort of catching up. So upset KP is gone. I think fans never really thought he was great because he wasn't an Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu type of playmaker but he was so important and so good at what he did.

I think people will see how important he was for us this season. Finally have to get rid of my sig. A sad day.

Is there any other big news for the team I've missed?
Old 03-15-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I've been on spring break so I'm just sort of catching up. So upset KP is gone. I think fans never really thought he was great because he wasn't an Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu type of playmaker but he was so important and so good at what he did.

I think people will see how important he was for us this season. Finally have to get rid of my sig. A sad day.

Is there any other big news for the team I've missed?
- Nothing big really except for Cruz changing agents
- Signed DT Cullen Jenkins
- Re-Signed Keith Rivers
- Re-Signed Ryan Torain
- Signed S Ryan Mundy
- Signed K Josh Brown
- Signed CB Aaron Ross

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, I love you Zak.

Any other noteworthy news around the league? I feel like this far into free agency it's so hard to catch up by looking at ESPN and such.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, I love you Zak.

Any other noteworthy news around the league? I feel like this far into free agency it's so hard to catch up by looking at ESPN and such.
Hmm off the top of my head.

- Wes Welker to the Broncos, Danny Amendola to the Pats
- Dolphins sign Mike Wallace, Ellerbe, Keller, and someone else haha
- Harvin traded to the Seahawks for a 1st rounder + and then gets monster contract, Avril to Seahawks, Michael Bennett to Seahawks
- Marty B to the Bears
- S Goldson to the Bucs

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, the whole Wes Welker/Amendola thing seems so stupid. BB really screwed up on that one. Amendola is an inferior, more injury prone version of Wes Welker for more money.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need Cruz. I heard we're interested in Dansby, I would like that a lot. He was Pro Football Focus' No. 13 inside linebacker last season, he's old though.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 03-15-2013 at 08:03 PM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah he is old, and coming to a system that's not LB friendly. I am not sure if this will be a good fit. It's a passing a league, and I feel like the 43 LB isn't emphasized like previous years. Specifically, I am not sure if he is worth it in our system.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's clear we don't care about LB. I don't think we could even afford Dansby at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-15-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

And in this passing league, in a 43 system, I think the position is getting phased out. We clearly feel a good scheme like Spags, can do with any Lbs. In this god awful scheme they are just glorified run stoppers or cover guys. They ALL stink at blitzing. Bad angles, and they never get home, which is their fault AND Fewell's fault for lack of creativity.

Lbs are not important to us and if the scheme is good, we can make do with any LB. Even a bad scheme our Lbs won't make a difference. You can have god as a LB, but if the opposing team knows your blitzes and your DC is god awful, even god will get stone walled in this mess of a system.

So LBs, in this passing era, and in our 43 system, isn't valued as much. How many mock drafts had us with a 1st round LB? It used to be every year?

Timmons, Beason, Paul P, James L, and the list goes on. I remember at one point every mock draft had us with a LB in the first round. For us, it's not an important position. The scheme made the position and Spags proved it. Fewell showed the opposite. The scheme makes everything bad. DL, LB, and secondary.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
And in this passing league, in a 43 system, I think the position is getting phased out. We clearly feel a good scheme like Spags, can do with any Lbs. In this god awful scheme they are just glorified run stoppers or cover guys. They ALL stink at blitzing. Bad angles, and they never get home, which is their fault AND Fewell's fault for lack of creativity.

Lbs are not important to us and if the scheme is good, we can make do with any LB. Even a bad scheme our Lbs won't make a difference. You can have god as a LB, but if the opposing team knows your blitzes and your DC is god awful, even god will get stone walled in this mess of a system.

So LBs, in this passing era, and in our 43 system, isn't valued as much. How many mock drafts had us with a 1st round LB? It used to be every year?

Timmons, Beason, Paul P, James L, and the list goes on. I remember at one point every mock draft had us with a LB in the first round. For us, it's not an important position. The scheme made the position and Spags proved it. Fewell showed the opposite. The scheme makes everything bad. DL, LB, and secondary.
Yup spot on here. Couldn't agree more. I did want Beason though. Fewell blitzes his LB's from 25 yards out. Its insane. From the LB's we've brought in so far it does look like we're going with run stopping type players.

sig by BoneKrusher