Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-12-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Z is just branding his name to that company. It's not like he's actually dealing with the Giants. I was nervous Cruz would be gone but I've turned on that. He'll be signing a long term deal shortly I think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, that's fine. I've actually never been the biggest Calhoun fan, but lets not compare cheating in recruiting to having an actual piece of **** human being for a coach.
Rice should have been fired but ESPN blew that thing so out of proportion it's not funny. They obviously had an agenda because Pernetti told them to stick up their ass a year ago.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Rice should have been fired but ESPN blew that thing so out of proportion it's not funny. They obviously had an agenda because Pernetti told them to stick up their ass a year ago.
Haha, if you say so. It was a huge deal and the fact you're not acknowledging that is a little scary. It wasn't just ESPN making a big deal out of it. It was EVERY sports outlet.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah you can't justify that GF. It wasn't just ESPN. Everyone and their mom was outraged by it.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't have cared if he was winning. To be completely honest. It's the fact that they are terrible and that is going on. If that method worked, I could care less.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty ****** of you, no offense. It's amazing how much we don't care what people do in sports as long as they win. It is probably the thing I hate most about sports culture.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't care either way to be honest. I grew up in a strict discipline household so maybe my viewpoint is extremely screwed, but hard discipline and tough love isn't a crime in my book.

You push someone's mental limits to make them stronger.

But in today's PC world you gotta know better than that. And kids are soft these days. I mean...look at this anti bullying campaign nonsense going on. Instead of teaching kids to toughen up we're giving them cop outs. That's why the education level is dropping like an atom bomb in this country compared to other countries.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's pretty ****** of you, no offense. It's amazing how much we don't care what people do in sports as long as they win. It is probably the thing I hate most about sports culture.
You don't think Bobby Knight did stuff like that?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
And Bobby Knight's kids to a man will tell you he made them a better person. The real world isn't all roses and bees, and hard discipline prepares you for that.

I know I'm going off on a tangent here and getting all preachy on a sensitive topic so I'll stop now.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I didn't care either way to be honest. I grew up in a strict discipline household so maybe my viewpoint is extremely screwed, but hard discipline and tough love isn't a crime in my book.

You push someone's mental limits to make them stronger.

But in today's PC world you gotta know better than that. And kids are soft these days. I mean...look at this anti bullying campaign nonsense going on. Instead of teaching kids to toughen up we're giving them cop outs. That's why the education level is dropping like an atom bomb in this country compared to other countries.
Oh lord. Please do not get me started on this. As a future teacher, I cannot tell you how completely and totally wrong you are. Anti-bullying campaign is associated with our poor level of education? Hahaha. Pretty sure it has to do more with the lack of funding and an outdated education policy.

Mental toughness does not need to be achieved by hitting or throwing offensive slurs around. In fact, it's far less effective when done this way.

I do not wish to get in a big debate over this, especially in the Giants thread, but you are so very very wrong BBD. And I'm usually someone who accepts and respects any type of opinion, even if I disagree with it. So yes, you're viewpoint is completely screwed.

Quote:
Yeah, Bobby Knight was a scum bag. What's your point?
Old 04-12-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Give me a break. I got bullied. We all got bullied. You end it by fighting the kid(s). It's part of growing up. And you grow from it. If you don't learn to defend yourself you'll get walked on your entire life.

The sensitivity in this country is getting ridiculous. I mean, there's some little leagues that don't even keep score anymore. Really? If your son can't handle losing, tell him to stop being a ***** and try to win next time. Ridiculous.

Positive reinforcement is all good, but it can't always be positive reinforcement. Bc what happens when you fail? Then what? You gotta learn how to handle adversity. And adversity is handled through experience.

Most tough coaches, if not all of them, if you go and ask their players what they think of them, they'll all say to a man that his tough approach made them a better person. Parcells, Knight, Riley, Coughlin, Saban, the Junction Boys, you name em. It prepares you for the real world.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Give me a break. I got bullied. We all got bullied. You end it by fighting the kid(s). It's part of growing up. And you grow from it. If you don't learn to defend yourself you'll get walked on your entire life.

The sensitivity in this country is getting ridiculous. I mean, there's some little leagues that don't even keep score anymore. Really? If your son can't handle losing, tell him to stop being a ***** and try to win next time. Ridiculous.

Positive reinforcement is all good, but it can't always be positive reinforcement. Bc what happens when you fail? Then what? You gotta learn how to handle adversity. And adversity is handled through experience.

Most tough coaches, if not all of them, if you go and ask their players what they think of them, they'll all say to a man that his tough approach made them a better person. Parcells, Knight, Riley, Coughlin, Saban, the Junction Boys, you name em. It prepares you for the real world.
Haha. See, you come from the idea that bullying should be stopped from fighting. That's stupid. How about instead of having to make our kids fight each other (which is an incredibly idiotic, if not Gladiatorial notion) we teach them that bullying is wrong? Or how about give our teachers tools and means to stop bullying by letting them teach about it in our classes? I was never bullied. Almost no one in our school district was ever bullied. We were one of the best schools in the nation because our district had zero tolerance for that **** and actually prevented the DEMAND and desire for bullying. That's how you stop it.

And yeah, clearly "just fighting" works out all time time when kids gets beaten, maimed, and killed. Brilliant idea.

And yeah, everyone all loves Parcells, Coughlin, and company. Never mind that a lot of people hated their guts, including players. A huge reason Coughlin almost got canned was because he was too much of an asshole and was too hard on players. Everyone hated his guts (including some very strong minded individuals) until he lightened up. Heck, I didn't like him until he did that.

You're mistaking discipline for verbal and physical abuse. My parents were strict in the sense they didn't just let me do whatever the hell I wanted, but more than that they TAUGHT me why I should not do certain things by explaining it to me and reinforcing it through their own actions. Which is infinitely more productive than just yelling or hitting. That's an absolute fact that years of research supports.

And yes, sometimes, in certain areas we ARE too sensitive. I will not argue that. There is something to be said for being able to roll with the punches and tolerate idiocy. That does not or should not include mental or physical abuse, which is what bullying is. Which is what Rice did.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Haha. See, you come from the idea that bullying should be stopped from fighting. That's stupid. How about instead of having to make our kids fight each other (which is an incredibly idiotic, if not Gladiatorial notion) we teach them that bullying is wrong? Or how about give our teachers tools and means to stop bullying by letting them teach about it in our classes? I was never bullied. Almost no one in our school district was ever bullied. We were one of the best schools in the nation because our district had zero tolerance for that **** and actually prevented the DEMAND and desire for bullying. That's how you stop it.

And yeah, clearly "just fighting" works out all time time when kids gets beaten, maimed, and killed. Brilliant idea.

And yeah, everyone all loves Parcells, Coughlin, and company. Never mind that a lot of people hated their guts, including players. A huge reason Coughlin almost got canned was because he was too much of an asshole and was too hard on players. Everyone hated his guts (including some very strong minded individuals) until he lightened up. Heck, I didn't like him until he did that.

You're mistaking discipline for verbal and physical abuse. My parents were strict in the sense they didn't just let me do whatever the hell I wanted, but more than that they TAUGHT me why I should not do certain things by explaining it to me and reinforcing it through their own actions. Which is infinitely more productive than just yelling or hitting. That's an absolute fact that years of research supports.

And yes, sometimes, in certain areas we ARE too sensitive. I will not argue that. There is something to be said for being able to roll with the punches and tolerate idiocy. That does not or should not include mental or physical abuse, which is what bullying is. Which is what Rice did.
Sensitive much?
Old 04-12-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Sometimes, you need an ass whoopin. That's a fact.

Not every situation can be defused by talking it out. That's just unrealistic and quite frankly, extremely naive.

90% of the people who hate Coughlin are either fans or members of the media. He has and never will have any obligation to them. I personally hate the media. I think theyre a bunch of self righteous jerks who feel way more entitled than they should be. Nobody cares that a coach treats you bad. Chances are you're gonna thrash him in your article anyway, so Id treat you like **** too.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 04-12-2013 at 10:37 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Pernetti should not have been let go is my point. I didn't say no one should be outraged. It was not as big a deal as ESPN made it though. The victims were supposedly the players and they all pretty much defended Rice and especially Pernetti.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pernetti shouldnt have been fired.

Rice was losing anyway so I don't care about him.

I had high school coaches call me worse things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Pernetti shouldnt have been fired.

Rice was losing anyway so I don't care about him.

I had high school coaches call me worse things.
I routinely call people I am friends with, including GF, worse things. I think this and the bullying issue are two totally different dynamics.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I routinely call people I am friends with, including GF, worse things. I think this and the bullying issue are two totally different dynamics.
the whole convo of bullying turned into one giant tl;dr on this page.

I just got annoyed when people said that the players were "verbally abused"

Idk, yeah Rice was out of hand, but it got pretty overblown. There were a lot of bad things, but some that got super overblown. Meh.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Not really. What Rice did was being viewed as abuse, and bullying.

I don't view it as that at all, but again, to each his own.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

The whole thing was basically made public because someone got their feelings hurt because they lost their job. I can't think of his name now, but was that an unjust firing?
Old 04-12-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh lord. Please do not get me started on this. As a future teacher, I cannot tell you how completely and totally wrong you are. Anti-bullying campaign is associated with our poor level of education? Hahaha. Pretty sure it has to do more with the lack of funding and an outdated education policy.

Mental toughness does not need to be achieved by hitting or throwing offensive slurs around. In fact, it's far less effective when done this way.

I do not wish to get in a big debate over this, especially in the Giants thread, but you are so very very wrong BBD. And I'm usually someone who accepts and respects any type of opinion, even if I disagree with it. So yes, you're viewpoint is completely screwed.

Yeah, Bobby Knight was a scum bag. What's your point?
I dunno about NYC's public schools, but funding is far from the problem in chicago public schools. How wastefully that funding is mismanaged is a problem, but this is a massively different argument.

Quote:
*shrug* it's the point of sports though, winning, or at least doing as much winning as you are capable of given your level and resources.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 04-12-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Funding is part of the problem, but it's not all funding. That's just an excuse. The funding for education in America trumps the funding that many other countries have which are way above America in education level.

It's how education is preached that's the problem. Education isn't preached as heavily in a typical American household vs other countries. That's a fact.

And America is in the middle of the pile when it comes to education, despite having much more funding than many of the countries ahead of them, that is also a fact.

And a lot of these countries who are way ahead of america educationally, adhere to much harsher and stricter disciplinary measures with children. That is also a fact.

So we can preach this cumbayaa ******** all we want, but the truth is, it's not going to help matters, it's only gonna make our country softer.

But anyway, whatever. That's the last I'll say about the matter.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the problem of scale that comes into play whenever americans want to compare themselves directly to countries like the scandinavians/euros. In a small country like that you can have federal policies that are still localized enough to be productive and effective. That's not the case when the federal government gets involved in the US because a lot of states are bigger or more populace than a lot of those countries you're comparing the whole US to. That's why the solutions need to come at a more local level.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Oh well back to football!!

I just saw that Yahoo article and it sounds like Cruz might be close. I think the tender deadline is a week from today so hopefully something gets done by then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

So, I think our biggest need is DE.

thoughts?
Quote: