Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see JH at DT and more of Ojomo. Curry is having a good day so far being all over the place. To me he is the wildcard. If he is motivated and plays up to his talent that's a good signing then.
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'd like to see Moore and Tracy get some first team reps just to see what they have in em. I think realistically those 2 guys are the ones who need to emerge for our pass rush to be dominant again.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be super awesome to maybe get lucky with Curry.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's up with JWill? Why is he second string?

The reports are Paysinger might surprise people this year, but I want JWill's athleticism out there.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who has been playing 1st string LB for us?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-29-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Paysinger, Herz, and Rivers

Rivers is a snap away from another injury, so maybe that opens a spot up.

In a perfect world, Herzlich somehow plays like he doesn't have a rod in his leg, JWill plays like a stud with speed at WILL, and Curry plays like he did in college at SAM.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Realistically, I'll be happy with JWill playing like a stud at WILL and Curry emerging as a solid SAM and be happy with it. Our MIKE position leaves a lot to be desired but if we can get good production out of those 2 at the OLB spots, that will help a lot.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Awesome, what are you doing now?
I'm gunna start bartending for a little while. Between that and my savings for a few years I should be able to shoot a few of the shorts I've been working on before moving.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm gunna start bartending for a little while. Between that and my savings for a few years I should be able to shoot a few of the shorts I've been working on before moving.
Where you moving to? LA?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where you moving to? LA?
Dunno yet, LA makes the most sense in terms of pursuing film/television, but I really hate that dump so NYC is the more likely destination. That said part of me just wants to go down to New Mexico because a lot of things are shot down there and I really love the area.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 07-29-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Some Twitter quotes from camp today.

Quote:
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 5m

Giants OL Pat Flaherty: "My right tackle is David Diehl. We have a lot of confidence in David Diehl." #NYG
Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM 1m

Nunn says Tuck, Kiwanuka and Marvin Austin have had their best offseasons this year. But points out Austin has to prove it in pads
Quote:
Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel 1m

Nunn says Tuck is "in the best physical shape" he's been in since Nunn has been here. Says injuries were a factor last yr

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-29-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, really, Dave Diehl? All good to hear about Austin, Kiwi, and Tuck but it could all be coach hype so we'll see.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Eh. Everyone is in the best shape of their life during this time of the year. They're all healthy etc.

We won't know anything until the first preseason game.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well not every player gets singled out so it's good to hear about some of those guys.

I expect them to say that about Diehl but after 3 games I think we'll start to hear more about Pugh.

Nunn also signaled out Moore saying he looks really good. Definitely my favorite pick of the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I have a feeling that Pugh won't see the field until someone in the starting 5 gets hurt. And at that point he'll never leave the lineup. Once he's in, he's there to stay.

But someone at G or RT has to get hurt first. I don't see him winning the job outright unless Diehl is so incredibly terrible that they have no choice. I just don't see that happening.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Moore is my favorite draft pick as well, but I need to see how fast he plays. He had a very poor combine, and when you put on his college games he looked good but he also looked like he was missing a gear. So I want to see how he explodes off the line, and how quickly he can close.

He's got the size, frame, arm length, flexibility, strength, I just need to see explosion off the line and closing speed.

I have high hopes for him but I need to see that first.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope David D. doesn't start. Give Pugh a chance at least to fight for a spot. If Pugh earns a spot, we can always go with more I pro right and Ace-double tight sets if need be. I can live with that.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think we need to be a Single Back 3 Wide offense.

That should be our bread and butter. Mix in some 2 TE if Robinson can develop.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I think we need to be a Single Back 3 Wide offense.

That should be our bread and butter. Mix in some 2 TE if Robinson can develop.
If our RT stinks, we won't risk it. I can't see that happening. It will be big time running out of that. PA with Myers and AR at TE. Then it will be interesting do you put RR at Z or Cruz at Z?
Old 07-29-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I want Randle, Cruz, and Nicks on the field together. Randle and Nicks on the outside, Cruz in the slot.

OL is vastly overrated. The spread set will work just fine. We ran it plenty of times over the past 3 years. Eli gets the ball out fast.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I want to see Wilson getting the ball a lot with lanes to explode through. So even though I want a lot of Randle, Nicks and Cruz, I also want to see a lot of 2 TE or two-back sets to clear alleys for the kid. I think Wilson can really take this offense to an insane level if our OL holds up with teams being so focused on stopping Eli and three friends.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-29-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think with Randle and Nicks on the outside, and Cruz in the slot, our run game will see a lot of 6 man fronts which it should carve up. Plus if they bring the safety down for a Cover 3 look, our WRs will eat that up.

Plus on top of that, Wilson coming out of the backfield and stretching out those flats really opens up passing lanes.

Our pass/run option on 1st and 2nd down with that 3 WR set is going to be incredibly difficult to defend if we play our cards right.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited for Randle. I think he's going to have a break out season. He's just so big and glides across the field.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think we let Nicks walk bc of Randle.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Reading all the tweets on RR has be excited. Really anxious to see him when it counts. Meanwhile china doll was limited because of a grown pull. Man, it's always something with that guy. Coming off an injury, afraid to get hurt so missed OTAs or mini camp only to pull his groin. I mean I swear, you can't make this stuff up or script it like this.

I hope RR emerges!