Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-30-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will probably be 5 WR's meaning Jernigan is a lock. Barden with no ST play is probably out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Murphy is a much more explosive version of Hixon. He's a legit deep threat.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hixon in his prime was pretty fast. He just couldn't get off the press.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Linebacker and DE are still higher on my list than 3rd WR.

I think my order as of right now is:

1. DE
2. LB
3. CB
4. S
5. OL
6. WR

In terms of 1st round priority. Of course player grades will ultimately dictate what we do, but in terms of importance right now, that's the order I have.

I'd go OL, LB, WR, CB, S, DE
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course you'd go OL first.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course you'd go OL first.
The trenches? Yeah, thought I would guessed you would have thought WR. But Beatty is ok, big butt not too keen with. China Doll needs to be replaced and his contract is too much. Snee is on his last legs, and god awful DD needs to go. Pugh can fill in somewhere, but we need more.

And I am not surprised you went defense for the top 4.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Let's see what Mosely and McCants can do this year. Sounds like Herman is being developed as a Center also, so that should be interesting to see.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Let's see what Mosely and McCants can do this year. Sounds like Herman is being developed as a Center also, so that should be interesting to see.
Yeah those will be the wildcards. Mosely and McCants are guys I consider long shots. I really hope Herman can be a player for us. I hope better than Petrus. Let's see if Brewer can do anything too. The problem is this.. the thing you joke about ironically with me. The mid around developmental OL draft pick.

It's funny, but the truth is, we have failed in developing one. Petrus, Koets, Whimper.. Is Brewer, McCants, and Mosley next? If ALL 3 fail, I will be very, very mad!!!!!!!!!!!! You can afford to keep investing like that and keep swinging and missing.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Koets actually was pretty good but his career ended with that ACL tear. We probably never sign Bass if Koets doesn't hurt his knee. Whimper panned out too but we let him go and he thrived elsewhere (by thrived I mean serviceable player).

Don't forget Diehl was a 5th round pick.

We hit on some of these guys. Moseley might stick as a Guard. I don't like Brewer.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hixon in his prime was pretty fast. He just couldn't get off the press.
Yeah, he was. Seems like forever ago though.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Koets actually was pretty good but his career ended with that ACL tear. We probably never sign Bass if Koets doesn't hurt his knee. Whimper panned out too but we let him go and he thrived elsewhere (by thrived I mean serviceable player).

Don't forget Diehl was a 5th round pick.

We hit on some of these guys. Moseley might stick as a Guard. I don't like Brewer.

Yeah I forgot about DD. But now we can see how many of those guys can come along and stick for this long? He was drafted in the Marv Sutherland years I think. That's not with this current regime or people. Koets was coming along. We needed to see more of him, but then he got hurt and that was it.

The OL as Eli gets older must be addressed or proactively looked at. All it takes is an awkward fall as he gets older, and we are in trouble. He does help by getting rid of the ball. But I'd sleeper better knowing that they can keep him upright. We can't have games like the niners game where he was beat up. Eli survived that, but I am curious to see how Peyton would have done if he was getting whacked around all game long like Eli did.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, he was. Seems like forever ago though.
his injuries certainly didn't help. When we first got him in 07 he was a burner though

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm doing my best to avoid the training camp fluff articles.

Like Corey Webster saying he still thinks he's an elite CB. Like what was he supposed to say? Na man, I suck now.

Or how Justin Tuck is motivated to prove the haters wrong. Ok cool story Tuck. Wake me up when you don't mope about an injury after week 3.

Or all the stories about Player A looking bigger stronger faster than ever. Player B healthier than he's ever been, Player C having the light come on, etc.

Just trying to ignore all the noise. It's all just noise. We'll see who's what when the preseason rolls by.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I want to see more of:

Moore
RR
Bosworth
Cullen J
Spencer P.
JH DT
Cox
Curry
Old 07-31-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McBride the CB also for me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I want to see Hosely too. We need to know if we need 1 or 2 CBs in the offseason. Ross, Thomas, and Webster could all be gone after this year.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I think Cox will be the 3rd back and Scott is let go. I like with what I am reading about Cox.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Who is Cox again?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Cox was the big bruising back we took in the 7th round.

I have a good feeling about Adrian Tracy. I think he can become a legit DE for us. I've always liked him. Even when he was playing Sam.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Who is Cox again?
Michael Cox, UMASS rookie, 7th round selection

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thanks. Don't remember him for some reason.

Tracy can be the 5th DE again this year. Can't wait for next Saturday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I can see Wilson, Broken And cox being a solid trio. Tracy turning heads. We actually have a recent group of potential guys. I was to see who rises up from the Moore, Tracy and Ojomo trio.

Plus we have that fat person DL package now so that could be interesting.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Moore will be the 4th DE. JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, Moore, Tracy. Ojomo PS eligible?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Moore will be the 4th DE. JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, Moore, Tracy. Ojomo PS eligible?

With JPP and Tuck being hurt and then other injury prone we may need more DEs available. We do have the fat person package we are experimenting with now. But we need to make sure the DL as a group is solid from top to bottom and have proper depth.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well DL has tons of depth this year. It all depends on how many guys we keep on the line this year. It's the reason I don't want 3 QB's on roster.

sig by BoneKrusher