Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-07-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If that is true, which I'm always skeptical of bc of your standard training camp hype, then that would be huge for us moving forward.

If Beatty and Pugh can solidify OT and Moseley can man one of the OG positions, then we just need another OG and C for our future along the OL.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it comes from Eisen our Giants.com writer than I agree. This was from a normal beat writer. She posts on BBI a lot. I trust her. She wouldn't say anything if he stunk or whatever.

This is a good thing. I want to see him progress. Even a lighter David D. has been solid so far.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I look at our potential like this.

Last year despite everything we won 9 games and and had a shot at playoffs.

Now we are much better talent and depth wise plus we have a much easier schedule. We should expect much improved performances. Now we just need to do it on the field.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

psh defense. Just load up OL and weapons for eli so we can just out-shootout anybody. With JPP, Kiwi, Moore, Tracy and Amukamura, we've got enough defense to get a stop or two a game already, that's fine, let's see Eli put up some Arena-league scores!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as Fewell goes, I think he is a solid DC

While I am not sold on all he does, it can work. I think part of our issues has been a lack of depth which combined with injuries really hurt.

Obviously he is good enough to win SBs.

Ideally I would like to exceptional coordinator but those are rare.
I still wish we had brought in Lovie Smith in some capacity but Coughlin is loyal to his staff and Lovie is happy with putting his feet up on a HC salary. .
Old 08-07-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

solid like Jello!
Old 08-08-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
solid like Jello!
That's the schemes. Can't say I am a huge fan but it is what is. I wasnt a fan of Sheridan, Lewis. Spags was unproven when he came here. I didn't like Fewell with his Tampa varuant, itnot the physical style of football I like to see.

It has been reasonable for us. We have the ring to prove it.

I wouldn't preclude Fewell developing himself and growing as a coach.

I actually like the idea of big packages on run downs and our nascar packages in passing situations.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
psh defense. Just load up OL and weapons for eli so we can just out-shootout anybody. With JPP, Kiwi, Moore, Tracy and Amukamura, we've got enough defense to get a stop or two a game already, that's fine, let's see Eli put up some Arena-league scores!
Obviously your related to Jim Fassell. :)

It can work at some level but isn't enough for consistent performances
Old 08-08-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

The other thing to consider is the benefit of continuity.

Being able to continually build upon and refine what's already been instilled rather than trying to implement new systems and schemes.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fewell can't draw up a blitz to save his life.

I'm just not a fan of his at all.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

He sucks at disguising his blitzes. When LBs blitz I like following them as they run through. Usually they go full speed, hit the OL and that's it . The OL picks it up and QB goes deep and that's when those idiots have their miscommunication. So you get a failed blitz and a mess up on the back end. Oh and the DL doesn't get pressure. Systematic failure across the board at all levels.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

My favorite is his amoeba blitz. Where everyone is walking around off the LOS and then at the snap they all just run into an OLmen.

Cool.

Oh and they all take 10 steps too many to hit the gap they're supposed to hit because twisting everyone around and making them take the long way to the qb totally works.

I hate that turd so much.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which is why we as fans need to just give up the idea of having a good defense. That's why I hope the team loads up the pieces around Eli and just stack up on pass rushers and DBs when it comes to the D. The D will suck, but come playoff time the D will at least be able to bother good QBs while Eli does Eli things with the offense.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-08-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
My favorite is his amoeba blitz. Where everyone is walking around off the LOS and then at the snap they all just run into an OLmen.

Cool.

Oh and they all take 10 steps too many to hit the gap they're supposed to hit because twisting everyone around and making them take the long way to the qb totally works.

I hate that turd so much.
That was Bill Sheridan! Hahaha. Walk around like you're confused and don't know where to line up. That in turn confuses the offense, and then you blitz. After the first bunch of times, offenses figured it out and we went from acting confused to being actually confused.

Thanks Sheridan!
Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
That was Bill Sheridan! Hahaha. Walk around like you're confused and don't know where to line up. That in turn confuses the offense, and then you blitz. After the first bunch of times, offenses figured it out and we went from acting confused to being actually confused.

Thanks Sheridan!
Fewell did it too. And the best part was watching Tuck wabble back and forth in a 2 point stance.

And you know what's even better? We're experimenting with him at LB in TC this year. Yeah that's totally gonna work.

Oh and Tuck hurt his back and hasn't practiced in 2 days. Shocker.

We're also trying Webster out at FS and Rolle at CB. Another Perry Fewell special.

I should just give up on hoping our defense won't suck this year.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Fewell did it too. And the best part was watching Tuck wabble back and forth in a 2 point stance.

And you know what's even better? We're experimenting with him at LB in TC this year. Yeah that's totally gonna work.

We're also trying Webster out at FS and Rolle at CB. Another Perry Fewell special.

Oh ok, I don't remember that. That side of the ball has given me a few gray hairs.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

All this information really disturbs me... Tuck is, besides our DTs of course, the person least equipped on our D to play LB. We should just stop pretending to be a complex and multiple D, scale it down a good bit, and trust our offense and Eli. We will win most games that way.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Not all schemes are based on blitzes. I am not a huge fan either, but I think he is better than fans believe (much like Gilbride was a few years ago). The scary thing is we can (and did) have worse coordinators

I am curious as to the differences between Fewell's schemes and those of Lovie Smith.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 08-08-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
All this information really disturbs me... Tuck is, besides our DTs of course, the person least equipped on our D to play LB. We should just stop pretending to be a complex and multiple D, scale it down a good bit, and trust our offense and Eli. We will win most games that way.
I am not a fan of Tuck standing up, but I guess as a rush LB we can see how he goes (though I don't like it).

I am not worried about Webster at FS and Rolle at CB. Rolle played the nickle DB well last year.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Guys, I know we tried this last time and it failed miserably, but I'm joining YFS's draft website and joining the forums there.

Their content is very very good and it seems like a lot of people are migrating there. You're all welcome to join me.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys, I know we tried this last time and it failed miserably, but I'm joining YFS's draft website and joining the forums there.

Their content is very very good and it seems like a lot of people are migrating there. You're all welcome to join me.
That site doesn't even have forums does it? At least not the one I'm thinking of.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Lemme know if they ever get enough people there cause I signed up long ago, but there was just never enough activity on the forum for me to stick around.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
That site doesn't even have forums does it? At least not the one I'm thinking of.
It does. They launched a new site. Different site. It's YFS and ATLDirtyBird's own site.

A ton of content. Legit content.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Arena-league scores bro, that's where it's at.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the URL? PM it to me or post it here and then delete your post in 20 mins.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote