Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-09-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Tight end Adrien Robinson may be hidden gem for Giants - See more at:
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/21....k1DFFQD8.dpuf

Nice articles on how he struggled his rookie year.
Robinson is going to be a 50 catch TE starting in 2014. Our offense will be ridiculous this year and next.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
One franchise is looking up while the other is boggggged down.
I heard that 6 years ago. The future is so bright. Blah blah blah. Were you referring to 2015 back then.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Robinson somehow snag the starting TE role over Myers if possible. Realistically though, he'll be our starting TE next year and will see spot duty this year.

He needs to master his choice routes, which I'm guessing he's still developing.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Robinson is going to be a 50 catch TE starting in 2014. Our offense will be ridiculous this year and next.
So true. Especially if Wilson's learned to block and Mosley's actually turning into a player, just so many weapons and a running game teams actually need to pay attention to. Eli's going to tear teams a new asshole this year and if this group doesn't give NYG a football-boner, nothing will cause we're winning with ARENA LEAGUE SCORES!!!!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'd like to see Robinson somehow snag the starting TE role over Myers if possible. Realistically though, he'll be our starting TE next year and will see spot duty this year.

He needs to master his choice routes, which I'm guessing he's still developing.
Robinson is why I want us to break out more 2 TE sets this year, especially when Nicks is hurt. Still be primarily a 3 WR offense, but utilize the 2 TE set a lot to.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-09-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I heard that 6 years ago. The future is so bright. Blah blah blah. Were you referring to 2015 back then.
Naa Yanks were still looking up then. No one matches the young pitching we have though at MLB/Minors in all of baseball. Maybe D'Backs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Only use 2 TE when a WR goes down. I also said our offense for 2 years because Nicks will presumably only be here this year and next before he's gone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think Wilson is actually deadlier in a 3 WR set than a 2 TE bc he gets more space to use his speed, plus it's a lighter box and he likes bouncing it to the outside.

I want to see us run more wheel routes with Wilson. With our vertical passing concepts, Wilson should have a lot of space in front of him to beat a linebacker with. We should take advantage of that.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think the Wilson blocking thing is so overrated by the way. Don't get me wrong I don't want Eli killed but how hard is it to pick up a blitz? I know I'm spoiled from watching Jacobs and Bradshaw but come on. There's no reason to limit Wilson because of this.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the Wilson blocking thing is so overrated by the way. Don't get me wrong I don't want Eli killed but how hard is it to pick up a blitz? I know I'm spoiled from watching Jacobs and Bradshaw but come on. There's no reason to limit Wilson because of this.
It's the one thing that requires a RB to think. Basically everything else for the position is instinctual. And most times it's the first time they have ever had to do it.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It's the one thing that requires a RB to think. Basically everything else for the position is instinctual. And most times it's the first time they have ever had to do it.
This is very instinctual as well. See the guy coming at you untouched and run into him. That's the basics but it's really it. Just have your head on a swivel which they are used to anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More screens would be great. Wheel route like in the Eagles finale game.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha Im actually getting the game at my hotel in South Carolina which is pretty awesome.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what does everyone think of the preseason game vs Steelers?

Seems like a solid if unspectacular outing, which is pretty much what I expected.

All in all a decent game, there is certainly some potential, but it does need to develop.

Bring on game 2 :)
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli to Cruz was great last night, looked like they were in mid-season form. Eli steps up, throws a ball only Cruz can catch and then he beats everyone deep.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Eli to Randle is going to be super sexy to. They almost clicked on a long ball and Randle had a gorgeous run after a short toss. Our Offense is going to be just so sexy.

PS Mosley actually looked pretty solid, preseason and all so he didn't have to deal with many blitzes or DL trickeration like he would in the regular season, but he moved well and got a solid push, kid looks like he can actually start for us if he does well with the mental stuff, a la Booty or Seubert instead of going the Petrus route. Hope he keeps it up, would give us a third young OL for this transition up front.

Moore looked good to, got a good push in the run game and nice closing burst. I still don't get how he did so badly at the combine as he's got some burst to him that I haven't seen from Kiwi since his leg got destroyed his senior year at BC. Tracy didn't stick out but he stacked well on the edge when i did notice him.

After that awful fumble Brown came back to run really hard and move well, if our OL becomes any good I'm gunna bust a nut because I really like our RB duo as well, not as much as our passing attack, but Wilson and Brown will kick some serious ass in their own right.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has to get off the LOS quicker and get to the landmark. Eli was trying to throw him open and RR didn't get there. If Eli sees a chance to beat the coverage and needs to get rid of it, it's up to the WR to beat his guy and get to the landmark to where Eli is trying to throw him open.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I didn't want to post in here on game day. It was going to be ugly. I was furious. Our linebackers are pathetic. I watched the game over again, and I didn't study everyone but I focused on some guys and here are my takes. On offense I only focused on Moseley and Wilson, and Robinson. Didn't care much for anyone else, we already know who they are.

On defense, I focused on our linebackers and DL for the most part.

Offense

-Moseley was up and down. I think 40% of his plays were positive, 60% negative. I need to see more consistency. He started out slow, missing his blocks, whiffing a lot and getting pushed back. Ziggy Hood owned him early. Then he bounced back and was more consistent after that. I don't see enough positive plays to say for sure he'll be ok, I want to see more consistency. Especially vs the first unit.

-Cordle looked solid. Promising development at Center. He did well run blocking and was getting to the second level. Was impressed with him, I didn't expect that.

-Randle will be good. Timing is obviously something he and Eli are still working on. They need to build more chemistry but they'll get there.

-Not happy with Wilson. His instincts are average, he doesn't break tackles, and his pass pro is still a work in progress. He's more of a change of pace back than starter right now. I need to see more growth from him. Right now Andre Brown is better.

-Brown looks good. Patient runner, consistent runner, great in pass pro and out of the backfield. Better btw the tackles. Right here right now, he should be the starter.

-Cox looks good. Good bruiser, good speed, big guy, he should stick as our 3rd RB.

-Adrien Robinson is a big man. Inconsistent speed. One play he looks fast the next he's coming off the LOS slow. I think he's still processing information out there and his inconsistency comes from that. He's still developing. I feel like he's a year away.

-#84 looks like an intriguing TE prospect. I was impressed with his size and speed.

-Overall impressed with our WR corp. Even Jernigan didn't look terrible. Barden is still a solid #6 WR. Murphy looks good.

-I don't get why everyone was killing Nassib so much. The guy was running for his life.

Defense

-DaMontre is gonna be a monster. His questions about speed are long gone. Dude is plenty fast. Strong, long, we stole him.

-Tracy looked good. He has a bullrush now. Last year he was just an edge guy. I want to see him finish his pressures though. He is consistent in getting hurries but not sacks.

-Ojomo is an enigma to me. He produces, but I don't see the athleticism. He needs to get more reps with the 1st and 2nd stringers.

-Jenkins looked good. Good pressure and held his own vs the run. Kiwi was ok but overpursued and jumped out of his gaps a lot.

-Austin played the most snaps out of anyone on defense. Could you tell? Bc I couldn't. He's a dud.

-Hoseley looked very good. Very promising as a nickel CB.

-Sash looked very good as a box safety. Sound tackler, made plays.

-Corey looks like he's a step slow. Looks like he put on some muscle too.

-Linebackers are awful. Herzlich is so bad. He missed a TON of tackles, he was consistently getting washed out of plays, a step slow, poor tackler, can't cover. He's just bad. He shouldn't even make the team, he's that bad.

-Paysinger is soft. He sucks too. Basically all of our LBs are hot garbage outside of JWill. Connor needs to be the starting MIKE by default. He's a better run stuffer than Herzlich.

-Our run defense still is a problem and it has nothing to do with the DL. I've said it all offseason, our linebackers are trash. They routinely get washed out, they routinely hit the wrong gap, they routinely miss tackles. I don't care how stout your DL is, if your LBs can't do the above, your run defense will suck. Our LBs SUCK. And I'm tired of it. Tired of this ******** belief that LBs aren't important. They are. DBs aren't the only ones who cover. Our LBs are god awful.

I need to see huge improvement from our LBs this next preseason game. As far as I'm concerned, they could cut all of them outside of JWill and I could care less. Our DBs make more tackles than our LBs. Unacceptable. This is a major problem and we need to see significant improvement here.

Our DL will be strong. Our secondary won't be great but won't be terrible. But our LBs are just unbelievably bad. One play in Cover 3, I have no idea what Paysinger was doing. His responsibility was the flat, and he played the guy so far off. Easy money. These linebackers are complete garbage.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has been a lot if mixing and matching on defense.

Fewell has rolled out a lot of three man fronts

Also been flipping DEs, LB and DB

With just a few practices left all this change may not be great.

I guesd at least Fewell is trying. But what we need is physicality.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I don't understand why we don't look at some of Seattles schemes
Old 08-13-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Actually the 3-4 looks have me thinking. ..

I wonder if Hermann and Nunn are getting more input of late. Both have experience with successful 3-4 in recent years.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I don't understand why we don't look at some of Seattles schemes
Because we don't have Earl Thomas to make them work?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-14-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Interesting point, Tuck is reportedly 10 lbs lighter than last year, playing at 265.

Not unlike Strahan losing 20 lbs over the back end of his career; it worked for him, hopefully it does something similar for Tuck
Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Because we don't have Earl Thomas to make them work?
Maybe, although we could have gone for someone like Byrd in free agency.

I am more talking about our front seven philosophy, that's the engine room of our run defence.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Logan Ryan with a pick last night for a TD!

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 08-17-2013 at 02:15 PM.