Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-18-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

China doll getting x-rayed.. I am not surprised by this. Cruz getting one on his foot.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like #41. No clue who he is. He's not on the roster at giants.com.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#41 is Ryan Torian on BBI so unless Ryan Torian also plays D I have no clue who #41 is.

Edit: just found out on nfl.com his name is David Caldwell out of William & Mary.

Last edited by LTgiants : 08-18-2013 at 09:55 PM.
LTgiants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
#41 is Ryan Torian on BBI so unless Ryan Torian also plays D I have no clue who #41 is.

Edit: just found out on nfl.com his name is David Caldwell out of William & Mary.
Yeah. Dreadlocks, safety. He gets his nose dirty in every play.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How'd we look last night?

Cruz and Baas going to be back for Week 1?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ojomo>Tracy. Yup I said it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-19-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cruz should, seems like it's a contusion and we're just gonna rest him until the opener. no clue on Baas though
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:08 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
cruz should, seems like it's a contusion and we're just gonna rest him until the opener. no clue on Baas though
Baas had an MCL sprain. So he's probably not going to be ready week 1. Those injuries take around 3-6 weeks I think, and it's probably closer to the maximum recovery time for an injury prone guy like Baas.

And my god, Diehl looks terrible out there. If Pugh can't win the job from him before week 1, i'm not sure how good he is either. Because at this point Diehl is like a human turnstile. He has no lateral movement at all, no real strength to anchor against the bullrush, and minimal push in the ground game. He needs to go, or else we will have the worst right tackle in the league out there protecting Eli.

He gave up two sacks and lots of pressures in less than one half against the Colts. And one of the sacks was given up to Erik freaking Walden, which should not be possible. He needs to go. I don't care whether Coughlin trusts rookies or not, Pugh needs to start there right away.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Baas had an MCL sprain. So he's probably not going to be ready week 1. Those injuries take around 3-6 weeks I think, and it's probably closer to the maximum recovery time for an injury prone guy like Baas.

And my god, Diehl looks terrible out there. If Pugh can't win the job from him before week 1, i'm not sure how good he is either. Because at this point Diehl is like a human turnstile. He has no lateral movement at all, no real strength to anchor against the bullrush, and minimal push in the ground game. He needs to go, or else we will have the worst right tackle in the league out there protecting Eli.

He gave up two sacks and lots of pressures in less than one half against the Colts. And one of the sacks was given up to Erik freaking Walden, which should not be possible. He needs to go. I don't care whether Coughlin trusts rookies or not, Pugh needs to start there right away.
I don't think you can hold it against Pugh if he doesn't start right away. Coughlin and the coaches LOVE Diehl and have huge loyalty to him. They won't bench him from pre-season games. It's one of Coughlin's most obvious flaws. One of the few flaws. Combine that with his dislike for starting rookies and I'd be shocked if Pugh started.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pugh looked damn good though. I was very impressed with him at LT. I really hope he starts but I doubt it.

Like Forenci said, Coughlin is loyal to Diehl.

And Tracy is starting to disappoint me. Come on Tracy, get some sacks. I want Ojomo to get more reps with the starting unit.

And God I hate Perry Fewell. His blitzes are so awful. Why blitz a guy from 10 yards away? Can anyone explain that to me?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ling-the-line/

You might get your wish.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not exactly. Diehl blows no matter where you put him. I want him on the bench. But this is a good start.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Not exactly. Diehl blows no matter where you put him. I want him on the bench. But this is a good start.
Well with Snee still on PUP there really isn't another option. Maybe when Snee comes back he will be on the bench.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm worried about the deep ball this year. Between our slow DBs and Fewells inability to disguise a blitz and confusing zone schemes(seriously how many times last year did we see deep TDs where the safety and corner would just be staring at eachother like "that's your guy"?) it's going to be our biggest problem on Defense.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I'm worried about the deep ball this year. Between our slow DBs and Fewells inability to disguise a blitz and confusing zone schemes(seriously how many times last year did we see deep TDs where the safety and corner would just be staring at eachother like "that's your guy"?) it's going to be our biggest problem on Defense.
Could be a worry. Especially considering that is the only accurate ball Vick and Bob can throw. At least so far what I've seen from RGIII.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Guys. Our defense is going to blow. The sooner you accept this the better off you'll be.

It took me a couple of weeks to accept it, but I'm in the acceptance stage right now. By week 3 I'll hit the depression stage.

When Fewell gets fired I'll be in the recovery stage.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

D will not be bottom 10. That's my BOLD prediciton.

I went and watched the 1st half. Diehl blows. I can't understand for the life of me on why Coughlin and staff have such a hard on for this guy. He was a great Giant, will be beloved by all but at this point he's a a backup at best.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 08-20-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Means shootouts. Eli is my backup in one fantasy league and starter in another lol.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah honestly Diehl shouldn't even make the team. He's that bad. But they'll NEVER do Diehl dirty like that. He's on the final year of his contract, he'll play out this year and they won't re-sign him. That's how the Giants have been handling all of our key veterans.

I know this is messed up to say, but I just hope he has nagging injuries that prevent him from playing much this season and we just quietly and casually relegate him to backup/blocking TE duties this year.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

And GF, our LBs are so bad most of them would struggle to make a lot of rosters in this league. Yet they'll be starting for us. Think about that for a second.

Our defense is to be top 20 at best. I think our DL will be sick. But the back 7 is going to be so awful. Unless the DL plays out of its mind we're screwed on defense.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We're going to play with 2 LB on the field most of the time. Williams, Rivers, Connor in limited time will be good enough.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-20-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

So what? So you play 2 bad/mediocre LBs (if JWill isn't one of them) and you put a 3rd safety out there who isn't great either. It's still 3 ducks in the back 7.

And good quarterbacks know how to pick on a duck. We have 3 of them in the back 7. That's not good man.

And if Corey is washed up, make that 4.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I will say this, our LBs looked a lot better in week 2 than they did in week 1.

I really like our DL. I think we have a very good DL. I think Kiwi is a jag, let's just call it what it is, but JPP is a stud, Moore looks like he will be a stud, we have solid run stuffing DTs. Even Austin showed us something this week! Maybe all hope is not lost with him. Jenkins is a great versatile weapon. I like our DL.

Just the back 7 leaves a lot to be desired. I like Prince and Hoseley for the future. But we need another CB, 2 safeties, and 2 LBs on defense for the long term future of this defense.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ling-the-line/

Beatty-DD-Boothe-Snee-Pugh
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll survive at LB. What did we win our Super Bowls with? Kawika Mitchell, Reggier Torbor...Gerris freakin' Wilkerson? Seriously, some of those guys even went on to get good deals after us and vanished. LBs are overrated. I know it's a beloved position for our franchise but LBs aren't that important anymore. You can have a great defense without them.

I like our CB situation going forward. Same with DT/DE. That leaves safety to really sure up on. To me that's a first round need next year.

I think if the offense produces like we think it will (and converts TDs in the red zone) and we play top 20 defense we should easily be a playoff team. I really feel like our division will struggle this year. Eagles will probably suck, Redskins who knows, and Dallas will be good but even they are far from elite.\

And, as we all know, once you get to the playoffs anything can happen.