Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-11-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I said, I'll let this play out before I make a judgement, but if Steve Smith is playing in week 4 or 5 after our medical staff said week 9 or 10 is more likely, then we seriously need to make a change there. Especially with all our injuries.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
As I said, I'll let this play out before I make a judgement, but if Steve Smith is playing in week 4 or 5 after our medical staff said week 9 or 10 is more likely, then we seriously need to make a change there. Especially with all our injuries.
I highly doubt we fire Dr. Warren. The guy has been with our organization, I am guessing, a long time.
NY+Giants=NYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I highly doubt we fire Dr. Warren. The guy has been with our organization, I am guessing, a long time.
I don't care if he was the original doctor, if you make a diagnosis that poor then you are clearly no longer fit for your job.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care if he was the original doctor, if you make a diagnosis that poor then you are clearly no longer fit for your job.
I doubt that they will get rid of him is my point. Should, would, could, at the end of the day I don't think, even if he is wrong, he goes anywhere.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Giants were never promised a chance to match Eagles offer for Steve Smith, his agent says

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...mised_a_c.html
Old 08-11-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Cotchery for us, he signed with Pitt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is *no* way he's playing before Week 10. He had freaking *microfracture* surgery.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

((Now I am not trolling I am trying to bring in a bit of outside perspective on this if you don't like what i say I get it but no need to be harsh))

Now I am just going to talk a bit on this, after reading that article it sounds like the giants really low balled their initial offer. Really which if is true I cannot blame him for bolting even after the agent told the Giants there was another team in the mix.

Hurt or not he is a young player that got hurt before he could get his extension due to the rules of the uncapped year. I know that this game is a business but still he got hurt playing for them and not only does it appear the contract he was offered but the long term plans didn't look good for him there. I think he is a bit hurt that they went that low on him after basically getting screwed by the cba and getting a long term deal. He did deserve better one way or another.

I don't know what he does bring if he will even be able to regain any of that older form but its not like the giants paid him tons. Rookie contract and he lost out. Just a sad way to end a career there also considering the owner who would of paid him was part of the reason there was an uncapped year and why he didn't get his extension.

Just my 2 cents
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
((Now I am not trolling I am trying to bring in a bit of outside perspective on this if you don't like what i say I get it but no need to be harsh))

Now I am just going to talk a bit on this, after reading that article it sounds like the giants really low balled their initial offer. Really which if is true I cannot blame him for bolting even after the agent told the Giants there was another team in the mix.

Hurt or not he is a young player that got hurt before he could get his extension due to the rules of the uncapped year. I know that this game is a business but still he got hurt playing for them and not only does it appear the contract he was offered but the long term plans didn't look good for him there. I think he is a bit hurt that they went that low on him after basically getting screwed by the cba and getting a long term deal. He did deserve better one way or another.

I don't know what he does bring if he will even be able to regain any of that older form but its not like the giants paid him tons. Rookie contract and he lost out. Just a sad way to end a career there also considering the owner who would of paid him was part of the reason there was an uncapped year and why he didn't get his extension.

Just my 2 cents
I'm pretty sure our owner was always one pushing to get a deal done. There were many teams looking forward to uncapped years, I don't think we were one of them.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post

Just my 2 cents

Fair post. Thanks for the outside perspective!

This is a post from BBI, and sums it up perfectly so I will cut and paste it rather then me re-writing it.

Quote:
I just think the agent is a meathead for 2 reasons:

1. Not bringing the deal back to the Giants to try and get more cash for his client.
2. For his comments admitting he didn't bring it back.

That's it.

The agent? His foolishness did the Giants a favor. The last thing this team needed to do was sign Smith. We have better players at the position and he's injured.

Time to move on was the right move by the Giants.

I found it odd that the agent didn't bring that offer back. Granted he doesn't have to, but the job of the agent is to get the most money. So say I am your agent. You get a deal, well my job to get you max money. So wouldn't
it be smart on my part, as your agent to go back to the giants, and say, do you want to match or not? That part is VERY odd.

I found that to be shady. Not that he left, but that he didn't even bother asking us to match the money.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Mara and Kraft were by far the most influential in getting the deal done. Also, as we all know it was Mara's father Wellington who let the league grow by leaps and bounds because he split the NY revenue to all teams across the NFL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm pretty sure our owner was always one pushing to get a deal done. There were many teams looking forward to uncapped years, I don't think we were one of them.
Maybe but either what way your owner was part of the reason for the uncapped year then lockout. If he agreed or not with the ideals. I think there is several owners that didn't want this to happen but it still did and It happened. My main point is still they should of stepped up and been a little better to him. He lost a long term contract playing for them and if and when the initial numbers come out I am betting is gonna be nearly half of what the Eagles gave him. For his agent to say why even bother they are miles apart basically is what it looks like to me. If the offers were even close he would of countered.

Part of me actually thinks they did that with plans of moving on as is. But i could be wrong.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Giants offered Smith a 5 year $35 million extension last year before he got hurt and he turned it down. He wanted to hit FA so that's the risk he took. Can you please not come in here when you have no idea what you're talking about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I got up this morning.

Avoided twitter, avoided sports radio, avoided espn, all the beat writers, all the coworkers who were talking about it, just basically ignoring the living breathing world, thinking that some time would help me feel better.

Nope.

I'm still ******* furious.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The Giants offered Smith a 5 year $35 million extension last year before he got hurt and he turned it down. He wanted to hit FA so that's the risk he took. Can you please not come in here when you have no idea what you're talking about.
Which due to the CBA rules would of been mostly would of had to be guaranteed. Base salary they couldnt raise to give him his worth becasue of the limit. The Giants could of offered him more but because of the way things were last year they would of had to give his so much in guarantees that if he DID get hurt they would be out a ton. Jackson was in the same boat last year for us. Eagles wanted to sign him but could not without locking so much up in a guarantee.

Holmes with issues but a great season last season got 5 years 50 million. He came off a pro bowl year what he was getting offered wasn't fair market value for him. He should of gotten at least closer to that then the 5 year 35 million.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Ramses Barden. You ****.

Get off that bike and run some ******* routes. You ******* **** sucker.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
So I got up this morning.

Avoided twitter, avoided sports radio, avoided espn, all the beat writers, all the coworkers who were talking about it, just basically ignoring the living breathing world, thinking that some time would help me feel better.

Nope.

I'm still ******* furious.
Haha read my first post from this morning. Pretty much did the exact same thing and felt the same way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I keep forgetting he is on the team.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Haha read my first post from this morning. Pretty much did the exact same thing and felt the same way.
haha, what page is it on? I figured we probably had like 3 pages worth of convo since the last time I logged in and I'm too angry to read it all haha.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
haha, what page is it on? I figured we probably had like 3 pages worth of convo since the last time I logged in and I'm too angry to read it all haha.
This is what I said:

Quote:
So I figured I would wake up and feel much better about this and I was overreacting and stuff but nope I'm still shocked and upset.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Cotchery was actually perfect as a replacement. He's like a poor man's Steve Smith and a very underrated player.

But once again, we were sleeping. Reese is either going to wind up the biggest genius on the planet this year, or the biggest douchebag.

There's no medium for him. Let's hope he's more Ted Thompson than AJ Smith.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
This is what I said:
Yup. I hear ya. Smith was my favorite offensive player on the team. Nicks being my 2nd favorite.

This one hurts. I know all the arguments for and against, but I don't care. This one hurts.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It's like finding out that your wife/girlfriend is getting piped by your worst enemy.

This one hurts.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
It's like finding out that your wife/girlfriend is getting piped by your worst enemy.

This one hurts.
Yup. The worst part of it is where I work is close to Eagles country so I've been taking zings all day.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

I live with an Eagles/Phillies fan that considers himself knowledgable but really only reads ESPN.

Had a baseball argument the other day with him where I tried to explain DIPs to him. Complete fail.