Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-27-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Look at Big Ben. They changed it a bunch of times. Eli is smart he will adapt. It's mroe so for the WRs in this system. For once in life, no more idiotic stares by Eli at his Wrs, as if to say, WTF are you doing? What route are you running? I am tired of that nonsense! Year after year.. You need a PHD to run the system at WR, and god forbid, 1 or 2 of the starters are hurt.

Now you have depth who may or may not have a clue what's going on. A bunch of JJs running around, along with Barden. Good god..

I focused on our offense, and it has been vanilla. You're correct, but still god awful! It's utter rubbish the results. It's like they never played football together.

I am praying for a change in the system before Eli retires.
Ben doesn't stay within whatever system he is supposed to run. He either hands it off, drops back holds the ball too long and takes a sack, or drops back holds the ball too long scrambles around and makes a play out of his ass. Not sure what system that is.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Look at Big Ben. They changed it a bunch of times. Eli is smart he will adapt. It's mroe so for the WRs in this system. For once in life, no more idiotic stares by Eli at his Wrs, as if to say, WTF are you doing? What route are you running? I am tired of that nonsense! Year after year.. You need a PHD to run the system at WR, and god forbid, 1 or 2 of the starters are hurt.

Now you have depth who may or may not have a clue what's going on. A bunch of JJs running around, along with Barden. Good god..

I focused on our offense, and it has been vanilla. You're correct, but still god awful! It's utter rubbish the results. It's like they never played football together.

I am praying for a change in the system before Eli retires.
I also think you underestimate how many other systems have option routes as staples as well. It's not just us.

Yes, our WR rules are the most complicated, but if you're tired of the option route, you won't find any system that's void of them. All systems use option routes. Just the WR rules vary.

I want to keep the system, but a different playcaller perhaps. I like Chain Gailey, Josh McDaniels, they both ran systems with the same WR rules but with their own variations of formations and route combinations.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Ben doesn't stay within whatever system he is supposed to run. He either hands it off, drops back holds the ball too long and takes a sack, or drops back holds the ball too long scrambles around and makes a play out of his ass. Not sure what system that is.
Pretty much this. Ben can't read a defense to save his life. He's probably one of the few qbs in NFL history that can find a way to get away with this for his whole career.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I also think you underestimate how many other systems have option routes as staples as well. It's not just us.

Yes, our WR rules are the most complicated, but if you're tired of the option route, you won't find any system that's void of them. All systems use option routes. Just the WR rules vary.

I want to keep the system, but a different playcaller perhaps. I like Chain Gailey, Josh McDaniels, they both ran systems with the same WR rules but with their own variations of formations and route combinations.
No, I get it, but to our extent it's very frustrating. Watching other systems is no where close to ours. You don't see the ball go one way and skill player doing god knows what else. We have this happen religiously! It's very frustrating year after year after year.

I stand by that wishing for a new system is my only wish now left. I have enjoyed 2 SBs and now I know we can be so much more productive with another system.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
No, I get it, but to our extent it's very frustrating. Watching other systems is no where close to ours. You don't see the ball go one way and skill player doing god knows what else. We have this happen religiously! It's very frustrating year after year after year.

I stand by that wishing for a new system is my only wish now left. I have enjoyed 2 SBs and now I know we can be so much more productive with another system.
Miscommunication happens with other systems like the Bills under Gailey and the Patriots too. You just don't notice it as much bc you're not looking for it as much.

That and the Patriots practice habits are just better than ours. Brady doesn't just raise his arms like wtf, he gets in their grill and they work at it harder than our team does.

That and they draft smarter players, which helps. Notice none of the Patriots weapons are elite athletes. But they're all smart. Outside of Gronk, not a single skill position player on that offense was a world class athlete. They specifically target smart players to run in that offense.

We draft athletes and try to mold them into the system. It has it's hits and misses. That's why NE has struggled to draft WRs for their system when they try to do the same, our success rate with WRs is infinitely greater than theirs. It's not easy and they have plenty of misses too. But their starters that did work out happen to be very smart players.

We on the other hand, we sacrifice a little for more athleticism, so we'll get more miscommunication. It's hard to find a player who has it all. They lean towards smarter but less athletic, we lean towards more athletic but not as smart. Different drafting philosophies for the same system.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have a feeling that with so much roster turnover, we'll probably be major players in FA as well.
We are going to have to be I think.

I can see Reese invesring in LB in the draft.

Interestingly we will actually be well placed to overhaul the roster if we wanted a system change up front
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if my guy Caldwell makes the team now that Brown is done. How did he look on Saturday? I only watched highlights.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Miscommunication happens with other systems like the Bills under Gailey and the Patriots too. You just don't notice it as much bc you're not looking for it as much.

That and the Patriots practice habits are just better than ours. Brady doesn't just raise his arms like wtf, he gets in their grill and they work at it harder than our team does.

That and they draft smarter players, which helps. Notice none of the Patriots weapons are elite athletes. But they're all smart. Outside of Gronk, not a single skill position player on that offense was a world class athlete. They specifically target smart players to run in that offense.

We draft athletes and try to mold them into the system. It has it's hits and misses. That's why NE has struggled to draft WRs for their system when they try to do the same, our success rate with WRs is infinitely greater than theirs. It's not easy and they have plenty of misses too. But their starters that did work out happen to be very smart players.

We on the other hand, we sacrifice a little for more athleticism, so we'll get more miscommunication. It's hard to find a player who has it all. They lean towards smarter but less athletic, we lean towards more athletic but not as smart. Different drafting philosophies for the same system.
It's not hard to find. You don't see Brady consistently giving him the patented Eli look after a miscommunication. I been watching many systems specifically for this. Nowhere have I seen it as numerous as in our system.

I do agree that we have a lot more success with our Wrs. That's the good part of Eli and our system. However, they show a lot more creativity and personnel utilization then we do. They are adaptive and that makes their system fun to watch. They adjust very well. The things they do their TEs because of their WRs in ability is amazing.

If we weren't so rigid we'd be amazing with the utilization of Rbs, and TEs on a consistent basis. I'd just change the system overall. Sure it's a balancing game, and I loved what Steve Smith brought to the table. Pity what happened to him.

One thing I would like to see is a new system because I know we'd be more productive offensively.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

What an Injury prone team.. Can Brown actually stay healthy for once?
Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, brown just gets broked. *sigh* atleast cox has ran like an Ox and can be the hammer to Wilson's explosiveness.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Losing Brown hurts more for his pass protection than his running ability. Cox looks like a keeper but he's not ready to pass protect, and Wilson is spotty in his protection.

We might have to keep Torain on the roster until Brown can recover bc of this. Luckily, it doesn't sound too terrible and he can come back after a month or so. That's good news in a sense.

We have some difficult cuts coming up. I think we're going to see some names we don't want to see gone let go, in particular along the DL.

If I'm a team that's weak on the DL, I'm scooping up whoever we cut.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll sign a vet to come in. No way we go with Wilson, Cox, and Scott as our RB's. Brown will be back in 2.5 months. Any chance Jacobs still has something left in the tank?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm guessing we just keep Torain on the roster for now no? I wouldn't mind bringing Jacobs back. Depends on how much he has left in the tank. We need his attitude on offense too. We don't have a goon anymore. Every team needs a couple of goons to bring a physical mentality to the team. We don't have any goons on offense. I'd like to have more goons on defense too but hey, whatever.

James Harrison would have been the perfect goon for us at SAM.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan and Beauharnais looked really good last night by the way. Ryan is a stud.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Really? I have to look at Ryan again but I remember him getting burned a couple of times in the PS so far. He gave up the Nicks TD didn't he?

Beau is my guy. I wish we drafted him. I bet he'd start at MIKE for us if we did. I've been pimping him ever since I saw him, big fan of Beau.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

QB: Eli, Carr, Nassib (3)
FB: Hynoski (1)
RB: Wilson, Brown (PUP), Torain, Cox (3)
TE: Myers, Robinson, O'Donnel, Pascoe (4)
WR: Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Murphy, Jernigan, Barden (6)
OL: Beatty, Boothe, Baas, Snee, Diehl, Pugh, Brewer, Cordle, Moseley (9)

DE: Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, Moore, Tracy, Ojomo (6)
DT: Joseph, Hankins, Jenkins, Patterson, Rogers, Austin (6)

LB: Connor, Rivers, JWill, Herz, Paysinger, Bos (6)

CB: Web, Prince, Hoseley, TT, Ross, McBride (6)

S: Rolle, Mundy, Sash, Hill (4)

That's 54 if my math is right. With Brown on PUP once he gets off I'm guessing Torain gets cut. I have a hard time removing 1 guy. I think it's btw Brewer, Barden, Austin, and Ojomo.

The case for keeping Barden is we need WR depth with Murphy and Nicks being injury prone and Jernigan strictly being a slot WR who is our only backup slot. Say what you want about the man but he knows our system and can be productive in spurts.

The case for keeping Austin is he flashed during the PS and the guys ahead of him are veteran short term replacements with no upside.

The case for Ojomo is the man just produces, even though he never gets a chance vs the 1s and 2s. But he still produces.

I'm having a hard time justifying Brewer. If I had to pick one guy, my guess is Brewer is the guy I cut to make 53. Only argument I can make for him is we need OL depth.

And I'm pretty sure Hermans is going to the PS. McCants just sucks, he's getting cut. So it's a numbers game on the OL I think.

I wanted to keep #41 at safety but I'm having a hard time justifying him by removing someone else.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 08-30-2013 at 09:31 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Brown can't go on the PUP. He'd have to be our 1 and only designated returnable IR player.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Brown can't go on the PUP. He'd have to be our 1 and only designated returnable IR player.
Then I'd imagine we just cut Brewer and Barden perhaps.

With Jamar Chaney on the market, I want us to take a look at him as well. I think our LB corp is awful and Chaney would upgrade it. I cut Paysinger and pick up Chaney but that's a like for like replacement.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

They're going to have to IR Diehl or Brown to use that roster spot. 1 Permanent IR and I Designate to come back IR.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't see them doing that to Diehl. That final cut is so tough. I'm tempted to cut Nassib and put him on the PS, but I know we'll lose him if we do that.

My gut tells me we lose Austin.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Lose Austin. I know you like him and our system is insanely hard to comprehend but Nassib just doesnt impress me. If we could PS him that would be nice.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I want to give Austin one more year. Just one. I feel like there's a slight chance the light can come on.

Nassib disappointed me so far. I think our system didn't do him any favors, but if he sucks dong next year after a full year and shows no growth then I'm ok with dumping him.

He really didn't get much of a chance this year, we threw him in with the 4s all PS.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well nassib just isn't good, so there's that
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I just want him to become a sufficient backup so we can dump Carr next year and allocate 500k to our backup qb for the next 3 years.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

This offense this pre season is god awful. If that carries over to the Dallas game, I will stomp the yard at BBD's house! I never seen a bunch of out of sync players trying to play football.