Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-07-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course the day I start student teaching is the day after the Sunday night opener. I don't like it one bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Refreshing. I love how you guys call it retooling on the OL and are settled with the possibility of surprise. In the Dallas forum, if you don't have a mixture of Pro Bowlers or 1st Round picks on the OL, the sky is falling.
I understand that perspective, but really while not flashy our Oline has generally done a solid job.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AH I AM PUMPED! Can't wait haha.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
AH I AM PUMPED! Can't wait haha.
Me neither! Hate that it's a sunday night game though. Have been just walking around waiting all day long, and the game isn't starting until 2:30 AM here :(

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, haha. I'm one of the few people who enjoys these national late games because it means I get to watch it on TV.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm screwed. No way I make it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas beaten deep. Just what I feared.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm screwed. No way I make it.
Haha, what is the point in getting so destroyed you can't watch your team play? Never have understood this.

Watching the Giants play is WAY more important than getting drunk by mid day.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game tops the Thanksgiving Denver game as the worst game I ever seen. Old Man Coughlin failed in getting this team ready. The signs were there all pre season and guess what? That carried over to a tee to the regular season.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, what is the point in getting so destroyed you can't watch your team play? Never have understood this.

Watching the Giants play is WAY more important than getting drunk by mid day.
Destroyed last night. I made it. We suck.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did I just watch? That is the worst game I have ever seen. Not just by the Giants, the worst game of football I have ever seen. 6 freaking turnovers, is that even possible. We need a RB, any RB off the streets in the worst way. Waited since january for this, and that performance is what the Giants serve us?

I'm not even sure if I want to watch Peyton rape our defense anally next sunday.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not even mad. The Giants were so bad tonight that I couldn't help but laugh.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well there should be no way you have a chance to win after 6 turnovers, and we somehow did, if our RBs can get their **** together this offense will be scary. What I think that last drive was, was Eli getting Scott some confidence that he's going to need to go into practice this week as a viable contender to be our #1 RB so that we can get that production from the RB spot to let the offense just tear teams to shreds whenever they have to.

Plus Eli and the big play trio getting some practice at making crazy comebacks early in the season is always helpful later in the year when we absolutely have to pull some crazy **** off. All in all I'm as pleased as you can be after a game were you're team gave the ball away 6 times.

The D did reasonably well, even after losing our best DB because of ******* Mundy. While the front 7 where actually pretty solid against the run, not getting gashed really badly or getting completely pushed around. Maybe I've been a little harsh on our defense as those old DTs looked a lot better than I was expecting and those vet corners all seem to have enough in the tank to squeeze out at least one more year.

Our linebackers though, god, I'm pretty sure we could take every LB we have other than Jacquain and swap them with a random group of four linebackers from each team in the league and improve our unit. It's getting to be that time where JR actually drafts us a stud LB before the 7th round.

On offense, if we put the turnovers aside, I'm very pleased, Beatty had a tough time with DeMarcus Ware, but who doesn't? All in all he did reasonably well given the opposition, same for Pugh, with those two I'm very happy with where our OL is headed.

Don't need to talk about Nicks, Cruz or Randle as we know they're awesome, but Myers needs to get with the program. It's a tough scheme and takes some time, but we got the black unicorn to figure it out, so we should see some progression from Myers soon.

Now the running backs...I don't want to talk about them right now, but how can I not? Scott did alright until **** happened, and Wilson showed that burst and fight, but man...at least they got out of their systems early in the season...right? Cause that's how turnovers work?...*sigh*

Oh well, I'm glad the cowboys finally got to beat us in their stadium, although god damn did they try to **** it up. Gunna be an exciting year for these two teams since I expect the Iggles to suck really hard this year and see the Skins regressing.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible game, however we did show heart which was good to see. With 6 turnovers we nearly won the game. Our OL is god awful. Something has to be done with our OL. It's not like we have a rushing QB who can run for yards religiously. As Eli gets older, our OL can't degrade!

Our RB situation is bad. I want to see more Scott. Kid played ok for a guy thrown in the fire. Wilson I'd be very strict with. If I am the RB coach, he walks with a football everywhere. Walk in the film room, bathroom, field, and cafeteria.

No pass rush at all and no creative blitz packages! Where was the 34 font? Where was the big front with cullen at DE? Romo had all day and made plays. Props to him.

Tuck is useless. Had he done anything last two seasons? Just a bad game, but the silver lining is we fought hard.

Now next week I expect us to get owned.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also BBD, with the clarified rules applied to the read option I don't think it will be NEARLY as successful as you think. Defensive players are pretty much free to light up the QB according to the rules until it is clear and obvious he is not acting as runner.

If I'm the defense I'm just going to have someone light the QB up every time. And lets be real, most of these read option/pistol offense are ran by smaller QBs. Kaep is a twig. Wilson is undersized. RGIII has had multiple knee surgeries and isn't a big guy. Vick is a walking injury. The only guy who would scare me is Newton because he is built like a tank. And he's more of a passing QB anyway.
What are the clarified rules? I general ignore announcers so probably missed it being explained.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Next week is going to be so much fun. I think the manning bros are gunna try and break the single game record for points scored and make sure that no one ever even comes close. And with both of these offenses and beatable defenses, that's definitely possible. Thank god Von got suspended, now Beatty and Pugh will get a little breather.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

They had issues with a guy like Selive. There is no breather. The OL is in dire straits. I focused on Eli, and it was like the walls were closing in on him.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't hang this game on the defense. They were respectable particularly considering the time of possession.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
They had issues with a guy like Selive. There is no breather. The OL is in dire straits. I focused on Eli, and it was like the walls were closing in on him.
The oline needs time to gel and develop combinations.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok that was terrible. They just need to burn the tape and move onto next week.

You can't win when you turn it over 6 times. You just can't. For us to even be in that game with 3 minutes left was a miracle. Dallas tried giving that game away at the end. They deserved to win, and the Giants definitely deserved to lose with that pathetic performance.

There are some positives and negatives to take away from this game:

Positives

-Defense looked stout vs the run and was overall pretty good. You can't pin this on the defense, they played an incredible game. Coverage was sound all game, pass rush was inconsistent but overall good, tackling was excellent for the most part. Linebackers played good enough. But what I was most pleased about was our coverage in the secondary. Better than I anticipated.

-The pass rush is inconsistent but you have to remember JPP is still getting his legs, Tuck is Tuck, and we're missing Moore. This will improve over the course of the season.

-DTs are stout. We have some big uglies in the middle.

-Pass game will be fine. Eventually.

Negatives

-OL looks like a mess. Beatty got his ass kicked all game. Brewer is terrible. He's a waist bender and he's just awful. The left side of our OL was blown up all game long. The big issue is at G. Snee is terrible, Brewer is terrible. We need better Guard play. Eli was running for his life.

-Run game still sucks. David Wilson...I'm done with him. I'm just done. No vision, fumbles, can't pass protect, I'm just done. He has to earn the right to get the job back as far as I'm concerned. Right now he's entering bust category until proven otherwise.

-Just throw all screen passes out of our playbook forever. Just don't run them anymore.

-Brandon Myers can't block for ****

-We look sluggish. The PS carried over into the regular season.

-When Gilbride calls the plays we just can't move the ball. Notice how we started scoring when we went hurry up and Eli controlled the game? How many years have we seen this for now?

-Fewell still calls some terrible blitzes that start 10 yards from the LOS.

Overall, it was a terrible game and a terrible outcome. But it's not a season ending game. Just clean up the mess, and live to fight another day. I'm hoping it serves as a wake up call for a team that just doesn't care to play great every week. It's just so frustrating.

We'll lose to the Broncos and start 0-2, and the season is on the line vs Carolina in week 3.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with a lot of BBD said. That was a terribly sloppy game that we somehow were still in, mostly because the Cowboys couldn't capitalize on all our mistakes.

We're not going to be -5 in turnovers every week, some of that is just bad luck.

Pass game looked awesome in the 2nd half, I think have a chance at 3 1000 yard receivers.

Myers is a downgrade in every facet from MB.

Tuck looked better then last year, hopefully he stays healthy. Linebackers are still awful. Webster also looked a bit better. Mundy surprised me by not being god awful.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just need to realize we're a passing team and just sling it around. Enough with the balance. We ran waaaaaaay too much 2 TE in the first half. We need to be a 3 WR offense for 80% of our snaps. We are tough to stop in that spread set.

We're not a 2 TE offense. We're painfully predictable in that set, and we lack the interior choice route option with that set bc Myers sucks. We need to be 3 wide majority of the game.

Linebackers are awful, but at least they weren't downright pathetic. Outside of Herzlich of course. He's just awful. He seriously shouldn't have made the team. We gotta hope Connor and Prince can come back asap.

And why is Thomas getting reps over Ross? Ross is better at this stage.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

After the punt fumble I almost broke my phone.

I hate when the Giants lose. The whole week is going to suck now.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate specifically when the Giants lose on Sunday night. It is a worse feeling. Going immediately to bed so angry.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
After the punt fumble I almost broke my phone.

I hate when the Giants lose. The whole week is going to suck now.
I saw that Scott play and the ball bounce and knew it was done. That's our luck. Stupid fool he needs to turn his head quicker. Not make a make and rather just turn and sit like Eli said.

We can't have ints on high percentage plays like a screen pass. The other int was an example of ball throw for a go and the WR ran a post. Season after season, over and over this happens. We saw it early on religiously where the ball went one way and the Wr did something. Even Chris C. mentioned how we weren't in sync. The non sense from the pre season carried over to the regular season.

Next preseason, screw injuries play the 1st team way more. We need to adjust for the lack of padded practices and hitting.