Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-11-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yup. The worst part of it is where I work is close to Eagles country so I've been taking zings all day.
Same here.

I was so sick of hearing about Kevin Kolb last year. Now this year with this dream team crap.

Just point out how they never won a championship. Gets to them every time.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I live with an Eagles/Phillies fan that considers himself knowledgable but really only reads ESPN.

Had a baseball argument the other day with him where I tried to explain DIPs to him. Complete fail.
My girl is a redskins fan. I've convinced her to make the Giants her 2nd favorite team and she supports the Giants bc of me (unless they play the Redskins).

I want to be upset at her for being a Skins fan (a big one too), but it's almost like I feel bad for her. She's like a lovable loser.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Same here.

I was so sick of hearing about Kevin Kolb last year. Now this year with this dream team crap.

Just point out how they never won a championship. Gets to them every time.
Point to an empty corner in the room and ask your co-worker "do you see that?". And then tell them it's the Eagle's trophy case. It really does never get old.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My girl is a redskins fan. I've convinced her to make the Giants her 2nd favorite team and she supports the Giants bc of me (unless they play the Redskins).

I want to be upset at her for being a Skins fan (a big one too), but it's almost like I feel bad for her. She's like a lovable loser.
Here in Baltimore I bond with Ravens fans by trashing the Foreskins.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the finger pointing is going to come back and haunt us when they finally do win it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Plus you have sexy Jersey pride on your team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
All the finger pointing is going to come back and haunt us when they finally do win it.
I hope I never live to see that day. They still have a long way to go until 3 regardless.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Don't worry about it. They're still going to go home crying this year.

Quote:
Point to an empty corner in the room and ask your co-worker "do you see that?". And then tell them it's the Eagle's trophy case. It really does never get old.
Rekindle their memories of all those close but no cigar moments they've felt over the years. The bitterness in their faces is intoxicating.

Quote:
She thinks they're tanking the season for Luck. When I reminded her that the Skins will find a way to mess that up too, she didn't cook dinner.

I could never date an Eagle fan. I actually cut off one girl back in the day for that reason. Can't do it.

No fly eagles fly crap in my house. Don't want to hear that ****.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I was supposed to go into Philadelphia for the first time ever this weekend but now I'm seriously contemplating going(not counting the 2 Giants/Eagles game I've been to). I have a feeling it would end up bad with me yelling at Eagles fans drunk.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

My brother keeps telling me we should go to a Giants/Eagles game at Philly. I keep thinking we'll wind up in the courthouse.

How was your experiences there?
Old 08-11-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
My brother keeps telling me we should go to a Giants/Eagles game at Philly. I keep thinking we'll wind up in the courthouse.

How was your experiences there?
One time I wore my jersey and the other time I didn't. It was fine though when we did because the Giants were playing really well that year and the Eagles were already out of it. We got yelled at by a few people but we didn't like idiots and kept to ourselves. The other game I was at was when the Giants had that big comeback in the second half. That was fun to be at but again I just kept to myself and didn't act like an ass. My friend that I went with is an Eagles season ticket holder and I was banned after than since the Eagles lost both games I went to.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Manningham is just scratching his talent. It took a while for him get used his system. He had a sick and is a lot more explosive then Smith. Not to mention SMITH IS HURT!! This is not a healthy Steve Smith. How did KP play after his surgery? He still hasn't recovered, and now why in the world would be pay 4 million dollars for a 1 year deal, when we could use that money somewhere else. Plus we are around 3.5 million under the cap, so 4 million would have been tight.

Our doctors think otherwise and they did the surgery on Smith. The Eagles took a risk and we will see if it pans out. It a business decision based on money and medical history. Reese made a good decision based on the information he got.
Mario's development is hugely dependent on his ability to make smarter decisions. Somethign I have very little faith in. If there's one thing Mario has proven it's that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. The potential for not only probowls but all-pro's is there, but I don't think it's there between the ears, hopefully he proves me wrong.

Quote:
He's so dumb I'm not sure we get much more than that. He still isn't used to the system. He basically only runs two routes. And his hands aren't the best.

I'm not terribly furious about Smith leaving, but I would put my money on Smith coming back 100% in 2012 before I put money on Mario ever developing a brain.
Ed Zachary.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Mario has potential to be our best WR.

The problem is it will never happen. Especially not in this system. I could see him going elsewhere and perhaps thriving in a simpler offense. But he'll never realize his potential in our system.

In Gilbride's system, athleticism is overrated. You need to be intelligent and a good route runner. That's why Smith is so good in our system. He was built for our system.

Watch, Smith won't be as good in Philly not only bc of his injury, but bc the WCO Reid runs doesn't give him the same creative freedom that the choice routes did in our system.

He's the prototype for what our offense needs at WR though. That's why losing him hurt us.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Went last year, surreal experience! The energy in the air was intoxicating! I wore our colors, personally I found it absurd of giants fans being intimidated to the extent that they wouldnt even cheer when we scored, I saw some of this at Lincoln I was appalled. there was heckling but nothing major my response to everything was 1960(the last championship for the eagles) Their fan base is hardcore and they protect their territory. I sat with some knowledgeable Old Eagles fan and a young guy. Of course they are some jackasses but overall it was great. I remember when we came back to get the lead I screamed "We the NYGIANTS not the motherfkin redskins!" Remember the week prior the Eagles destroyed the redskins. The crowd was sooo quiet man! I then hi fived another Giants fan in front of me, man the feeling I had was indescribable the giants fan screamed "ROAD WARRIORS!"
Its a priceless experience, alot of testosterone in the air- I recommend you go!
DOMINATEtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
Went last year, surreal experience! The energy in the air was intoxicating! I wore our colors, personally I found it absurd of giants fans being intimidated to the extent that they wouldnt even cheer when we scored, I saw some of this at Lincoln I was appalled. there was heckling but nothing major my response to everything was 1960(the last championship for the eagles) Their fan base is hardcore and they protect their territory. I sat with some knowledgeable Old Eagles fan and a young guy. Of course they are some jackasses but overall it was great. I remember when we came back to get the lead I screamed "We the NYGIANTS not the motherfkin redskins!" Remember the week prior the Eagles destroyed the redskins. The crowd was sooo quiet man! I then hi fived another Giants fan in front of me, man the feeling I had was indescribable the giants fan screamed "ROAD WARRIORS!"
Its a priceless experience, alot of testosterone in the air- I recommend you go!
And then we lost. :(

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Quote:
And then we lost. :(

yeah man! Eli fumbled, it was a very winnable game.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm still pissed about that fumble. No one even touched him. He just fumbled it on his own.

WTF Eli. That's the 2nd time you did that **** vs the Eagles.

I swear if we go 0-2 against the Eagles again this year I'm gonna lose it.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

We beat ourselves in last year's two losses, its an internal problem, I believe we the personnel to beat the eagles consistently its matter of executing and playing smart football.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mario's development is hugely dependent on his ability to make smarter decisions. Somethign I have very little faith in. If there's one thing Mario has proven it's that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. The potential for not only probowls but all-pro's is there, but I don't think it's there between the ears, hopefully he proves me wrong.

Based on what? He had a career year last year. We could possibly have 2 1,000 yard backs and 2 1,000 yard WRs on the same team. You're supposed to say you don't have faith when someone isn't performing, lol, not after they have a career year.

For example, I have no faith in Ramses Barden. Sometimes I forget he is on the team until someone brings up his name. Why? Because he hasn't produced. You can't say you don't faith in someone after they have a career year, lol. That means no sense!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mario has potential to be our best WR.

The problem is it will never happen. Especially not in this system. I could see him going elsewhere and perhaps thriving in a simpler offense. But he'll never realize his potential in our system.

In Gilbride's system, athleticism is overrated. You need to be intelligent and a good route runner. That's why Smith is so good in our system. He was built for our system.

Watch, Smith won't be as good in Philly not only bc of his injury, but bc the WCO Reid runs doesn't give him the same creative freedom that the choice routes did in our system.

He's the prototype for what our offense needs at WR though. That's why losing him hurt us.
I like when you read my mind...and yes I meant that to be as rudy cool as it sounds...

Quote:
Based on what? He had a career year last year. We could possibly have 2 1,000 yard backs and 2 1,000 yard WRs on the same team. You're supposed to say you don't have faith when someone isn't performing, lol, not after they have a career year.

For example, I have no faith in Ramses Barden. Sometimes I forget he is on the team until someone brings up his name. Why? Because he hasn't produced. You can't say you don't faith in someone after they have a career year, lol. That means no sense!
I have faith in Mario to do what he does. I have no faith in Mario becoming smart enough to master this offense. Big Difference.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-11-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

BTW has no one still signed Youboty? I could see Fewell petitioning for him to get a shot with Prince and Bruce Johnson already hurt and Youboty having had his only useful seasons under Fewell.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-11-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I like when you read my mind...and yes I meant that to be as rudy cool as it sounds...

I have faith in Mario to do what he does. I have no faith in Mario becoming smart enough to master this offense. Big Difference.
Maybe they will give him a wrist band to use to help him out. There are ways to make it easier. But so far things are going well, so like I said, I don't see the issue unless I see him constantly making mistakes and screwing up.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

Well Barden did produce in the 1 game he ever got in. He was being brought along slowly and when he got his moment to shine he took advantage until he got hurt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Well Barden did produce in the 1 game he ever got in. He was being brought along slowly and when he got his moment to shine he took advantage until he got hurt.
Either way, he is like a Tim Carter, who had talent but couldn't stay on the field, hence the Tim Carter made of glass stuff.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Either way, he is like a Tim Carter, who had talent but couldn't stay on the field, hence the Tim Carter made of glass stuff.
Very true. I expect a good year now though.

sig by BoneKrusher