Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-23-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also Reese needs to be re-evaluated as well. His recent drafts have been quite poor especially in rounds 2-4. That will hurt us for a few years.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have they?

The last 3 drafts:

1. Pugh (looks good so far)
2. Big Hank (will be solid)
3. Moore (may be our best player in this draft)
4. Nassib (sucks)

1. David Wilson (sucks so far)
2. Rueben Randle (great pick)
3. Jayron Hoseley (will eventually be our starting nickel)
4. Adrien Robinson (could eventually be our starting TE)

1. Prince (great so far)
2. Austin (bust)
3. Jernigan (bust)
4. Brewer (bust)

1. JPP

Got Joseph and Cruz this year as well

Without going into it in great detail, Reese is still getting 3 to 4 players every year through the draft. That's a high success rate. His worst draft was the Prince draft, but in that draft he got Prince and JWill.

I don't think drafting is the problem, his one issue is his absolute refusal to address linebacker.

But other than that, you're just naturally due for a dip in talent bc it's impossible to sustain forever. I don't view Reese as a problem.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I guess that Prince drafts sours me. That draft should be helping out a lot by year 3 and it was a complete wash. That and your guy Dillard. That pick pisses me off. I feel like we haven't been able to get any depth at OL and our LBers are awful. That should all come from the mid rounds. Also I'd like to see a little more consistency from Randle. It's probably just our entire offense has no consistency but lets not get out the anointing oil yet.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 09-23-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Yeah I guess that Prince drafts sours me. That draft should be helping out a lot by year 3 and it was a complete wash. That and your guy Dillard. That pick pisses me off. I feel like we haven't been able to get any depth at OL and our LBers are awful. That should all come from the mid rounds. Also I'd like to see a little more consistency from Randle. It's probably just our entire offense has no consistency but likes not get out the anointing oil yet.
You know I wanted Geno that year. Don't make me remember that feel bro :(

I hated the Prince draft. I felt that was a C at the time, and it's shaping up to be that way.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HC for would be Zimmer or Shaw.

God help me if we hired Cowher.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You know I wanted Geno that year. Don't make me remember that feel bro :(

I hated the Prince draft. I felt that was a C at the time, and it's shaping up to be that way.
Geez you were so right on Atkins. Your best evaluation ever possibly!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Geez you were so right on Atkins. Your best evaluation ever possibly!
I honestly got lucky. I thought he'd be good but I never knew he'd be that good. I viewed him as a Jay Alford kind of player who would be a great nickel rusher for us. Then he went and became the best DT in the league. I'd be lying to you if I said I saw that coming.

Then I felt similar about Jordan Hill this year. Let's see if Hill winds up being anything worth noting.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I honestly got lucky. I thought he'd be good but I never knew he'd be that good. I viewed him as a Jay Alford kind of player who would be a great nickel rusher for us. Then he went and became the best DT in the league. I'd be lying to you if I said I saw that coming.

Then I felt similar about Jordan Hill this year. Let's see if Hill winds up being anything worth noting.
Where did Hill end up?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Where did Hill end up?
Seattle. He's probably going to just be a spot rusher on the interior for them this year so we won't know what his deal is until maybe a couple of years down the road.

As if Seattle needed to be anymore bad ass on defense, they draft Hill in the 3rd. Unfair.

I can't hate passing on Hill in the 3rd bc we drafted Moore instead, and I think Moore will wind up being our best player from this year's draft so I'm ok with it.

I do hate that we passed on Arthur Brown and Sio Moore in the 2nd for Hankins though.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We'll see with Hankins. It looks like we're going to "redshirt" him like we did with Linval.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm confident that Hankins will wind up being a good player, but I just think that taking a NT who offers no pass rush ability and is ultimately a 2 down run defender in the 2nd is waaaaaaaaay too high for that kind of player.

I rather have a 3 down LB who can play the run and pass in the 2nd than a 2 down run stuffing NT who can only play the run. That's what I didn't like about it. Not necessarily the player, but the value for the player.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry. Coughlin retires. Schiano is fired. We bring him in. Draft rutgers players. Super Bowls forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Don't worry. Coughlin retires. Schiano is fired. We bring him in. Draft rutgers players. Super Bowls forever
I just threw up.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Shaw as HC. Schiano as DC. Best of both worlds!!

On another note why are you all even wasting time arguiung with BF. You know everyone likes to hate our SB teams. His argument is also one of the worst I've ever seen on NFLDC which is saying something.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Shaw is #1 on my list as well. Schiano as DC would be great. I think Shaw brings in a 3-4 DC though. I hope we keep the 4-3, but I'm at the point now where I don't even care anymore. Whatever. Just blow it all up.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Is anyone worried about JPP? I think I'm starting to worry.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Is anyone worried about JPP? I think I'm starting to worry.
I am. Everyone keeps saying how washed up Tuck is. He certainly isn't as good as he was, but he seemed to be constantly double teamed yesterday. Somebody else who is getting blocked one on one needs to make a play.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shaw as HC. Schiano as DC. Best of both worlds!!

On another note why are you all even wasting time arguiung with BF. You know everyone likes to hate our SB teams. His argument is also one of the worst I've ever seen on NFLDC which is saying something.
Cause I'm bored and being anti-social until tonight

I'll worry about JPP at the end of the year if he never gets it going. Back problems suck, and I really supersize with him on that. He's such a freak though that once it is back to where he's comfortable, he'll be dominating again.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I was eyeing JPP yesterday and he's starting to get some of it back. He's putting more power into his rushes and his speed is getting back to where it was. It's a conditioning and trust issue with him. It's going to take about 3 more weeks before he's back to where he was.

When you hurt your back like that, you take awhile to trust it again. Plus he couldn't work out so he's fat and out of shape, he's gonna need time to get back into shape.

If he still looks bad by week 9 then I'll worry but right now it's about normal given that kind of injury.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly. It's not just about the back injury itself healing, it's about JPP being confident in it again and then getting back into the peak form he was in. **** takes forever and with the things he would do with his body it's not gunna all come back right away, it's gunna be a process where he gets more and more of his strength and bend back gradually through the year. That's why we can worry if he's not his dominant self again by the end of the year, but not now.

Now we worry about interior OL getting their **** together and our RBs at least being mediocre enough for Eli to start doing his thing.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Honestly if we go 0-4, I'm thinking full tank job, and I hope both JPP and Nicks have awful years so we can use that as leverage for contract extensions.

Then draft Clowney and have a healthy JPP and Clowney on defense for 2015 and a 3rd SB.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Honestly if we go 0-4, I'm thinking full tank job, and I hope both JPP and Nicks have awful years so we can use that as leverage for contract extensions.

Then draft Clowney and have a healthy JPP and Clowney on defense for 2015 and a 3rd SB.
But would JR trade away whatever we need to move up for Clowney? Cause there's just no way we win less games than the Jags, Browns, Raiders, Redskins, Vikings, and Bucs. And we'd have to out tank at least 3 or 4 of those teams to have a hope of Clowney falling to us. I just can't see how that can be done with Eli and those receivers to go with our secondary and decent run D.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah we still have way to much talent to finish drafting in the top 10. I'd be shocked if that happened unless this OL gets Eli killed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-23-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
But would JR trade away whatever we need to move up for Clowney? Cause there's just no way we win less games than the Jags, Browns, Raiders, Redskins, Vikings, and Bucs. And we'd have to out tank at least 3 or 4 of those teams to have a hope of Clowney falling to us. I just can't see how that can be done with Eli and those receivers to go with our secondary and decent run D.
With the way we're playing right now, what makes you think that we can't lose more games then them? We've been downright awful.

You know how bad we are right now? Through 3 games, the Jags have the worst point differential in the league with -64.

The 2nd worst? The Giants. At -61.

Let that sink in for a second.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

As a collective whole yes we've been the second worst team in football but we have more talent on our roster now than Jax and Oan combined. At least I think we do.

sig by BoneKrusher