Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
They have the franchise tag which is cheap for centers, and they don't have anybody else to use it on plus they'll have about $30 million+ in cap space. You guys getting Mack is an enormous long shot.
I actually never thought we would get him. I can just see why he would want to get out and not sign long term. However the franchise tag is a great reason why he would obviously stay.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am interested to see if Pugh can play OG or center. Would he be utilized better at those positions rather than OT?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would imagine we're better off keeping him on the outside and looking for interior OL through draft and FA.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I would imagine we're better off keeping him on the outside and looking for interior OL through draft and FA.
I was thinking the opposite. They said pre draft that Pugh can project to OT, OG or OC. If he is getting overwelmed at RT, then I would see if he can kick in either at center or guard. We can always draft a solid, bigger OT.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but he's actually looking pretty good at T so far so it would seem like a waste to move him in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we win our way out of the Clowney sweepstakes, which is very possible, my first preference is to draft a C in the 1st round if we can't get one in FA.

1st round Centers are money. You can't go wrong.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If we win our way out of the Clowney sweepstakes, which is very possible, my first preference is to draft a C in the 1st round if we can't get one in FA.

I dont think we'll be picking top 5. But if we are in the 7-12 range I'd like to collect picks. Give Reese more to work with and hopefully he hits on more of them than he has recently.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I dont think we'll be picking top 5. But if we are in the 7-12 range I'd like to collect picks. Give Reese more to work with and hopefully he hits on more of them than he has recently.
I don't mind collecting picks either. That's ideal (unless Clowney is on the board). But it also depends on how the board shapes up. It's so early in the process we just don't know yet.

Reese has to hit on some mid round picks this year.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

Which is why I wanted Mangold over Kiwi.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Which is why I wanted Mangold over Kiwi.
That's easy to say in hindsight. We weren't going to draft Mangold, we had O'Hara.

And Kiwi was a key contributor to our 2011 SB so I'm good with him.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
That's easy to say in hindsight. We weren't going to draft Mangold, we had O'Hara.

And Kiwi was a key contributor to our 2011 SB so I'm good with him.
It was easy to say for me back then too. I was mad we got ANOTHER damn DE. Mangold was my pick and I knew he would be rock solid. I am curious to see how Pugh would do as a guard or center and get a bigger, stronger OT.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Giants waive RB Da'rel Scott; add Center Reynolds

Quote:
"Reynolds, 6-4 and 320 pounds, originally joined the Eagles as a rookie free agent on May 1, 2009. He spent the majority of the 2009 season (when he as on the active roster for the season’s final game, but did not play) and the entire 2010 and 2011 seasons on Philadelphia’s practice squad before making the 53-man roster last year. He played in all 16 games in 2012 and when Jason Kelce suffered two torn knee ligaments in Week 2, Reynolds stepped in as the starting center.

Reynolds earned first-team All-Mountain West honors in 2008 at BYU, where he started 51 career games. He played center as a senior and left tackle as a junior."
Old 10-01-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I called for that as soon as he fumbled on Sunday.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
It was easy to say for me back then too. I was mad we got ANOTHER damn DE. Mangold was my pick and I knew he would be rock solid. I am curious to see how Pugh would do as a guard or center and get a bigger, stronger OT.
I was furious we passed on Winston Justice. But it was a good draft pick. It worked out for us.

If you want to get upset, be mad at Reese for taking David Wilson over Cordy Glenn, who has been an absolute stud LT.

That would have let us move Beatty to RT, and Pugh to G and we wouldn't have any problems right now.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We're desperate along the OL. Reese has earned a big fat F for this offseason.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I was furious we passed on Winston Justice. But it was a good draft pick. It worked out for us.

If you want to get upset, be mad at Reese for taking David Wilson over Cordy Glenn, who has been an absolute stud LT.

That would have let us move Beatty to RT, and Pugh to G and we wouldn't have any problems right now.
Never really wanted him. However Cordy Glenn I liked. I think I liked him as a guard. I still wonder if Pugh can be moved to guard or center. I would like to see him try center. He has excellent technique or that was his scouting report. Let him use that at center, and if we combo block, he can use technique with a guards power to move the 0 or 1 T.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't get the point of moving the one OL we have who's having a good year to a position that can be addressed more easily just to open a hole at a position that's more difficult to fill.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Snee might need surgery by the way as per BBI.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.thedrawplay.com/?comic=giant-problems

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
The funniest thing about that is Reid as a Walrus in the last frame.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I hated the Wilson pick at the time. I liked it better when I saw him but yeah there a million other players Id rather over him right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I hated the Wilson pick at the time. I liked it better when I saw him but yeah there a million other players Id rather over him right now.
Smart GMs never pick RBs high in the draft.

This philosophy worked so well for the Giants (2 Super Bowls without any RBs picked higher than the 3rd round) for so long and then suddenly in 2012 Jerry Reese had a brain fart and made that mistake.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am interested to see if Pugh can play OG or center. Would he be utilized better at those positions rather than OT?
I think OG would probably suit him best if he's having issues at Tackle. If not, just leave him at Tackle. I don't think he has the anchor to be a C.

The Cowboys worked him out as a C during predraft workouts. Don't know what they thought though.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think OG would probably suit him best if he's having issues at Tackle. If not, just leave him at Tackle. I don't think he has the anchor to be a C.

The Cowboys worked him out as a C during predraft workouts. Don't know what they thought though.
From all reports when Dallas traded back to target Pugh

I don't see much issue with the anchor at centre, a guard also has to be able to move the pile.

Lets not forget Pugh is still a work in progress, he is going to develop
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is time for a reality check for all us fans.

I understand that our team is absolutely terrible right now and I understand that many are writing our season off, but that is way to premature.

Here is the reality: Dallas is 2-2, Philly is 1-3, Washington is 1-3, and we are 0-4

as bad as we have been if we beat Philly this week and if Denver beat Dallas, we are only one game behind the Division lead.

As scary as it sounds, we can still legitimately make the playoffs. We do have to win the division.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote