Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-03-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Rangers start tonight! Free NHL Center Ice package until the 19th for Direct TV. Pumped about that!
I want to follow NHL more, but the damn time zone difference kills me if I am required to watch games three or four times a week. Every sunday with NFL barely works as is.

But I do try to catch every Rangers game I can. Mainly because one of my favorite Norwegian athletes is Mats Zuccarello. I started watching the games just to watch how he did in the NHL, but now I've become something of a casual Rangers fan as well.

I just can't watch every game because I need to be functioning at daytime as well. And that's hard if I stay up until 4-5 AM four nights a week. when I have to get up at 8 AM, lol

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a nice video.

I respect June Jones as an offensive coach. Here are some of the things we do. We run a lot of 2 x 2 formations. In our hurry up, we run 1 X 3, Trips right or Trips left. This specific video gives good insight on why two different players like Steve smith and Cruz are so successful in our system, which is a highlight of our system. That you can take 2 different players and if they can get their mental game down, they can be highly productive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efLE5JyskU8
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sexy Hags for MVP!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like no Webster, Ross, and Hosley at CB for Saturday. Prince, Thomas, and McBride only CB's available. I'm guessing Hill gets a lot of time right out of the gate as Rolle will move to CB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No CBs vs the Eagles?

0-5 is looking pretty solid right now.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's amazing how that unit can't stay healthy... This is the stuff Reese and the staff need to examine. If the same players can't stay healthy. Baas, Webster, Robinson, Hosley, and Snee can't stay healthy then they can't stay on the team.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No CBs vs the Eagles?

0-5 is looking pretty solid right now.
Yeah probably. I don't think Jenkins or Joseph are playing either so hopefully we get to see big Hankins! Moore and Hankins coming out party because Coughlin is going to be forced to play them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-03-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sexy Hags for MVP!!!!
I love Hags, I'm expecting biiiiiig things out of him this year

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The giants should hire Patrick Roy to be our new center
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we're bringing in beason's corpse huh. Wish we'd have gone after Monroe instead but eh. Let's just tank it up instead.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Paysinger starts for us. I don't like the guy but he contributes none the less. The problem is, we haven't found a legitimate starter in the mid rounds. Part of that is bc we used the mid rounds for these project OLmen and they all bombed.

That's really what the true problem is. Our farm system of using mid round picks on OLmen has failed. So it hurt us bc we didn't acquire any legit starters with those selections and also gave us the false hope of having a developing OL behind the veterans.
This comes back to talent

Tom Coughlin has always preached running the ball and stopping the run

for reference check out how many and where we have drafted OL, DL and LB under both Reese (2007-13) and Accorsi (1998-2006)

then compare it to what Jacksonville drafted under Coughlin (1995-2002), though not a GM he had a lot of input.

It is even worse if you consider most of the DL under EA/JR have been DEs.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's the problem: If you go back and look at every draft from 2008 to now, and look at the players available from rounds 4 to 7, I bet you'll find 1 or 2 players in each round that actually amounted to something.

For us to expect Reese to hit on those rounds even 50% of the time is asking a bit much. Think about it, if even 3 players each round make it, that means 29 teams whiffed in that round.

The success rate in those rounds aren't nearly as high as you think they are. Look at the overall talent of this team, it's really not that much worse than a lot of the better teams in this league. That's the measure you gauge us by.

I just want 3 to 4 players each year in the draft and UDFA and I'm good. That's a realistic desire for the offseason. I don't care where they come from, if you get 3 you had a good offseason, if you had 4 you had a great one.

We get a solid 3 every year. You can't ask for more than that.
I would also add that we have not consistently drafted quality talent to develop in the OL and defensive front seven.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
So we're bringing in beason's corpse huh. Wish we'd have gone after Monroe instead but eh. Let's just tank it up instead.
That is still an upgrade :)
Old 10-04-2013, 01:29 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Here is a nice video.

I respect June Jones as an offensive coach. Here are some of the things we do. We run a lot of 2 x 2 formations. In our hurry up, we run 1 X 3, Trips right or Trips left. This specific video gives good insight on why two different players like Steve smith and Cruz are so successful in our system, which is a highlight of our system. That you can take 2 different players and if they can get their mental game down, they can be highly productive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efLE5JyskU8
I LOVE JUNE JONES!

I always wondered how he would do at a college with truly elite talent. Texas or USC should nab him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Rutgers is going to kick the snot out of June Jones tomorrow afternoon!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jon Beason trade is proof that Reese should have took a LB in round 2 instead of Big Hank.

I was begging for Arthur Brown. Begging.

I'm Reese's biggest fan, but he gets a huge fat F for this offseason. I think criticizing his previous drafts in hindsight isn't fair to him, because I think he did a better job than most give him credit for, and I actually do like this draft class, but at the same time, his refusal to address the OL and LB corp this offseason was a terrible mistake.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I can't even get excited about Beason either. He hasn't played a game in like 3 years. And if he did, he wasn't noticeable. And he just lost his job to Chase Blackburn.

And he comes off the books at the end of the year. So for a season that's probably already lost, we're trading away a draft pick for a 12 game rental who's knee is made out of fiberglass.

Hey Reese, why didn't you just draft a damn linebacker like you were supposed to do for like the past 6 years?

Reese didn't do a good job this offseason.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And whoever scouts linebacker talent for our team needs to get fired immediately.

We trade for Keith Rivers (5th round pick) the same year Philly trades for DeMeco Ryans (5th round pick). Who got the better player?

We can't draft linebackers to save our life. Our retread linebackers are a constant shuffle of mediocrity in FA.

Whoever in our scouting department that's in charge of linebackers needs to go.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's funny because I wanted Beason badly the year he went and I forgot who we went with. Now we get him when he's a turtle of his former self. I don't really get this one either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was Aaron Ross.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah we took Ross. Which was well worth it, we don't win the SB in 07 without Ross.

And while Ross bombed in Jacksonville and never developed into a #1 CB here, I think he was still a good draft pick. He was a very solid #2 CB in our system on the outside. He couldn't defend the slot to save his life, but in a Tampa shell as a #2 CB, he was actually pretty solid.

The Beason trade reaks of desperation.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I like Ross but you never know how we do with Beason instead of him. Doesn't really matter now anyways.

Yes it does. Why not trade for Monroe!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I like Ross but you never know how we do with Beason instead of him. Doesn't really matter now anyways.

Yes it does. Why not trade for Monroe!!!
No clue. Only thing I can think of is they don't want to extend him to a long term contract bc of our upcoming contracts.

I just don't want us making any hasty decisions to try to salvage this season at the expense of hurting ourselves for the future. It's not worth it. We're 0-4. Chances of us turning this around are slim to none.

Just let it be and regroup next year. Trading Nicks for a 1st wouldn't be a terrible idea. Seeing him jog out there gets my blood boiling.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I dont know what to about Nicks. I was deadset against getting rid of him but the way he looks this year is discouraging. If we think we have the talent still to win it all next year then I think we need to keep him no matter what.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wanted to extend him too. Still kind of do. But he's leaving a sour taste in my mouth this year. I really don't like his attitude.