Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-21-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've given up on Hoseley btw. Can't stay healthy. Another 3rd round dud.

It's a shame too bc I think he could be a very good player if he stayed healthy. Seems to be a recurring problem with our mid round picks.

I do like McBride a lot though. We might have something with him.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I've given up on Hoseley btw. Can't stay healthy. Another 3rd round dud.

It's a shame too bc I think he could be a very good player if he stayed healthy. Seems to be a recurring problem with our mid round picks.

I do like McBride a lot though. We might have something with him.
And jacobs with a... You guessed it? Hamstring! Again! He is such a waste.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli is gonna get killed today. We gotta pray.

If I'm Minnesota I'm blitzing all day long. Force those WRs to run the right route quickly on their feet, force those RBs to pass protect, get individual matchups vs that OL, force Eli to set his feet in the face of pressure.

All day long. Should be money in the bank for them.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season is taking so long. LOL. 10 more games!.. Oi Vey!

Jags and Bucs still winless. This game will go a long way if we are going to be in the hunt for Clowney or not. If we win, then for the all the Clowneyphiles, I suggest you guys pretend that he is not even in the draft. This way you guys don't get hurt when he doesn't get drafted by us.

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 10-21-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't expecting Tampa to keep pace in the loss category like they are. God I hope they fall in love with whoever the QB to get picked after teddy is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
This season is taking so long. LOL. 10 more games!.. Oi Vey!

Jags and Bucs still winless. This game will go a long way if we are going to be in the hunt for Clowney or not. If we win, then for the all the Clowneyphiles, I suggest you guys pretend that he is not even in the draft. This way you guys don't get hurt when he doesn't get drafted by us.
Screw you nyg, I need Clowney dreams to make it through this season, if we don't get him oh well, but while that's still achievable I'll let my mind ponder on what a Clowney, JPP and Moore pass rush would do.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Screw you nyg, I need Clowney dreams to make it through this season, if we don't get him oh well, but while that's still achievable I'll let my mind ponder on what a Clowney, JPP and Moore pass rush would do.

Moore can't stay healthy. JPP is a shell of himself, and Clowney will be clowning for the Bucs. No way we can beat them for the 1st pick. This game will show us a lot.

We have 10 games. What's the realistic record we can get? I think 4-6 is realistic, making us 4-12. If we do go on a roll so to speak, maybe 5-5 in 10 games, which is 5-11.

That's going to put us out of Clowney range while the Bucs and Jags continue to be that bad.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 10 pick most likely. Not top 5.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

Man who pissed in your Cheerios? Moore is a rookie we don't know **** about what he can and can't do. JPP is still getting back to where he can trust his back. And Clowney will be ours after we go 3-7 over the final 10 games while bucs get to 4 wins and pick a QB anyway.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Man who pissed in your Cheerios? Moore is a rookie we don't know **** about what he can and can't do. JPP is still getting back to where he can trust his back. And Clowney will be ours after we go 3-7 over the final 10 games while bucs get to 4 wins and pick a QB anyway.
So far he has been hurt and hasn't shown jacksh.. And no one, I am calm. You're excited over a player who hasn't done anything. Let's wait until he actually shows us something before we get all excited.

JPP is a question mark. He needs to get comfortable mentally coming back from his injury. He can stand to lose some weight too. He has a ways to go which will make contract extension time interesting. Maybe we don't need to break the bank for him.

I highly doubt we go 3-7, but the way this season is going who knows. The Bucs have a rookie QB and now no RB. Martin is done for the season. If Schiano continues to act crazy, that team will quit on him.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Top 10 pick most likely. Not top 5.
That's where I am setting my expectations.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

To be fair, we suck pretty hard too. I don't understand why you're so confident in us going .500 for the rest of the way. What have we shown to inspire such confidence?

We have the worst defense in the league and we turn it over more than any other offense. Where's the wins coming from?
Old 10-21-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
To be fair, we suck pretty hard too. I don't understand why you're so confident in us going .500 for the rest of the way. What have we shown to inspire such confidence?

We have the worst defense in the league and we turn it over more than any other offense. Where's the wins coming from?
4-6. If we are lucky 5-5. I think we can win tonight, and against Oakland. That's 2 wins. I think we will get another 2 along the way. I'd be surprised we can lose all the remaining games and go 2-8 or 3-7.

Just the way of the NFL. It's hard to be that freaking bad. We probably get close, and end up winning garbage games and get screwed out of a top 3 pick. We will see how it pans out.

Quote:
WK DATE OPPONENT TIME (ET) TICKETS
7 Mon, Oct 21

vs
Minnesota

8:30 PM 842 available from $49
8 Sun, Oct 27

@
Philadelphia

1:00 PM FOX 2,624 available from $87
9 BYE WEEK
10 Sun, Nov 10

vs
Oakland

1:00 PM CBS 3,165 available from $30
11 Sun, Nov 17

vs
Green Bay

8:30 PM NBC 7,031 available from $31
12 Sun, Nov 24

vs
Dallas

4:25 PM FOX 4,996 available from $37
13 Sun, Dec 1

@
Washington

8:30 PM NBC 9,774 available from $34
14 Sun, Dec 8

@
San Diego

4:25 PM FOX 7,427 available from $56
15 Sun, Dec 15

vs
Seattle

1:00 PM FOX 6,684 available from $25
16 Sun, Dec 22

@
Detroit

4:05 PM FOX 13,627 available from $53
17 Sun, Dec 29

vs
Washington

1:00 PM FOX 7,960 available from $23

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 10-21-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Why are we assuming that Oakland is a W?

Oakland has looked infinitely better than us this season.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Why are we assuming that Oakland is a W?

Oakland has looked infinitely better than us this season.
We will see. It's a home game for us. West coast team traveling here in mid Nov. I'll take those odds. If it was in Oakland, I might think otherwise. I think the DC game will be interesting. If we can split with them.

I see us 4-6. We have to be epically bad to go 2-8 or 3-7. But hey, if we are that bad we will be in Clowney range. However, I can see the Bucs taking him at 2.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Bro, you know how sad I'm gonna be if we don't get Clowney?
Old 10-21-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
hehe, I KNOW! That's why I am trying to tell you people to stop fixating!!! That's the whole point of this. Be realistic. Pretend he is not even in the draft, this way when you hear his name called by us, you can sport wood throughout the day.

Jags are definitely going to be # 1 unless they go on a winning streak. Bucs now lost Martin and have a rookie QB. They are one short and curly hair from losing their team with Schiano as their HC. Steelers won which is good. Atlanta won so they have another win, that's good for us.

Like I said, tonight is a key game. IF we lose, then I think we are good for Clowney. I think what we need for your dreams to come true is a loss tonight. Be 0-7, lose the team, and be like the Sheridan year, where we get 30-40 points piled on us. Then you get your clowney because of SOS.

You need to root for a loss tonight. Wear your PJs inside out like kids do when they want a snow day.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one is fixating, NYG! We are horrible team with zero wins right now. We are absolutely within our right to think about getting Clowney at the moment. If we get 3 wins, then we can start to not think about other draft choices and options at that point.

But for right now, we can be all aboard the Clowney train.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Choo ******* choo.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rooting for you guys. I hope Eli hangs 50 on Minnesota! :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with NYG actually.

Moore has shown nothing up to this point that we can include him for our future core.

JPP has been pretty mediocre even going back to last year. Let's hope we see the old JPP soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
No one is fixating, NYG! We are horrible team with zero wins right now. We are absolutely within our right to think about getting Clowney at the moment. If we get 3 wins, then we can start to not think about other draft choices and options at that point.

But for right now, we can be all aboard the Clowney train.
What do you mean no one is fixating?! Ask BBD! He is the def. of fixating!!!

Quote:
Quote:
I want Clowney dammit.
haha, he will be so sad if he doesn't get Clowney. ALL our conversations have been around Clowney. BBD has I heart Clowney in his notebooks. BBD is Clowning for Clowney. BBD is the President of the Club and Conductor of the Clowney train.

And like I said, let's see how tonight goes. I think this is a winnable game. A new QB and a horrible team too. It's a home game for us. So I think we can win this. I don't see the Rams winning a game without Bradford now. But they are 3 games behind us for the race of the # 1 pick.

Our main 2 teams are Jags and Bucs. If they can win I'd feel more comfortable with our odds.

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 10-21-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Bucs remaining games. I don't see them winning a game except maybe the Rams without Sam Bradford. 1-9? 0-10? If you want Clowney we need them to win. Win fast and often. Jags will be winless so they basically got the 1st overall pick.

Quote:
8 Thu, Oct 24

vs
Carolina

8:25 PM NFL Buy on StubHub
9 Sun, Nov 3

@
Seattle

4:05 PM FOX Buy on StubHub
10 Mon, Nov 11

vs
Miami

8:30 PM Buy on StubHub
11 Sun, Nov 17

vs
Atlanta

1:00 PM FOX Buy on StubHub
12 Sun, Nov 24

@
Detroit

13 Sun, Dec 1

@
Carolina

14 Sun, Dec 8

vs
Buffalo

1:00 PM CBS Buy on StubHub
15 Sun, Dec 15

vs
San Francisco

16 Sun, Dec 22

@
St. Louis

17 Sun, Dec 29

@
New Orleans

Old 10-21-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see the Bucs beating St. Louis, Buffalo and/or Carolina x2. I don't see us getting our first win until Washington the way we are playing right now. We have 4 winnable games left this year (excluding tonight), Philly, Oakland, and Washington x2. We could absolutely be in the hunt for a top 5 pick by the end of the year

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see us picking in the top 2, I think Jacksonville and Tampa Bay are much worse teams with much bigger issues.

I think they have the top two picks in next year's draft locked up. I think Clowney and Bridgewater are likely in one of those two spots.

I think we end up with a 5-11 or 6-10 record, which going from last year's draft order, puts us in the 6-10 range for our picks.

I don't want to tank, I want this team to fight. If we go 5-5 or 6-4 from here, then we have some positive signs and momentum to build on for next year.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote